Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Posted (edited)

NF6AMWM.gif

Edited by fa77ot
  • Haha 1

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

38 minutes ago, fa77ot said:

NF6AMWM.gif

HELP, EVEN ALWAYS ON THE RUN SURPASSED THEM 😭

On 5/26/2024 at 1:05 AM, Hurem said:

Baby Lasagna performed his first festival set and we finally got to hear new material from.

https://www.facebook.com/eurostarumag.hr/videos/751709737035760

1. Baby Lasagna

2. IG Boy

3. Good Boy Lasagna

4. Demons and Mosquitoes
5. Stress

6. (didn't say the title)

7. Biggie Biggie Boom Boom

8. Don't Hate Yourself, But Don't Love Yourself Too Much

9. Rim Tim Tagi Dim

Screaming at the lasagna songs :deadbanana2:

I believe that 6th song is called Superstar

He is polishing his album so production sounds more professional after it gets published to the world, yet fans are dragging him to drop it as soon as possible while he is booked and busy with festivals and concerts that he doesn't have any time to be in the studio :deadbanana:

4 hours ago, Danai G said:

Can I talk about Baby Lasagna for a moment? 

He is a shy, kind man (kinda nerdy at times) who loves his cats, his country and his girlfriend. He wasn't supposed to compete in Dora and in just a few weeks he became a big contender to win not only his national final but the whole contest in general. In just a few months, he gained more confidence and stage charisma, he clearly worked on his movements and vocals and he developed his staging to make it more suitable for Eurovision. He brought Croatia's best result in Eurovision, made his country more visible and saved us from Israel's win in televoting. 

On top of that, he took the loss like a boss, he already knew that he couldn't win because of the gap (😭) and yet he still congratulated Nemo. Now he is just excited to perform in his country and abroad, he is excited about his upcoming songs and he clearly loves what he's doing. Plus, let's not forget that he literally rejected the government's offer to give him 50.000€ and he requested to donate them to hospitals. 

I don't know about you but to me, it was refreshing to see someone like him in Eurovision. 

I bought ticket for his first ever headlining concert, I'm so excited!

I will try to get his merch by then too!

Joost performed yesterday in Canada and in this video he yelled "**** Eurovision". 

Man...I really feel like crying right now. I know that right now he's doing fine and he's enjoying performing again. But it's clear that he still feels bitter about it. EBU managed to destroy his experience, portray him as the bad guy and now he no longer likes the contest he grew up watching and loving. I understand that EBU is Eurovision and as Bambie Thug said "Eurovision is about the artists and songs" but can you really blame Joost in this situation? 

I really hope that he'll be able to get over it soon, he has already proved to EBU how much they ****** up by disqualifying him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danai G said:

EBU managed to destroy his experience, portray him as the bad guy and now he no longer likes the contest he grew up watching and loving.

What part of 'somebody filed a police report on him' is not clicking? People babying him and making him look like a completly blameless victim as if out of nowhere Osterdahl decided to **** on his head for the lols been perplexing to witness.

Please point out a company that would not act on one of their employees calling the police on a customer, and not in the favour of that employee, I'm really interested.

• Thumbs Down 7

Posted (edited)

not the conspiracy theories still continuing :rip:

in what world does pushing somebody invading your personal space warrant a police report? the citizens of THAT country are professionals at playing the victim so it's really not that difficult to imagine how they would absolutely blow this out of proportion. 

if any physical assault was involved, Joost would have been kept in custody. which he was not. 

tumblr_mnzl4otV2m1r2wbovo1_250.gif

Edited by Pendulum
  • Like 7

Eurosmasha song of summer 2024 btw

• Like 6

I think the biggest problem with the DQ of Netherlands was the lack of transparency and the fact that EBU didn't allow a dialogue between them and the Dutch broadcaster. Everyone agrees that he was supposed to be sanctioned in some way, but when you're paying a participation fee of €250k and you don't even get to discuss the issue at hand? That's problematic and that's why I think other countries are speaking up as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Komet said:

What part of 'somebody filed a police report on him' is not clicking? People babying him and making him look like a completly blameless victim as if out of nowhere Osterdahl decided to **** on his head for the lols been perplexing to witness.

Please point out a company that would not act on one of their employees calling the police on a customer, and not in the favour of that employee, I'm really interested.

Except the Netherlands delegation said the punishment far out weighed what had happened.

He didn't hit anyone, he responded to someone who provoked him. The fact the Israeli delegation terrorized the entire competition and was allowed to compete, yet they criminalized Joost is unacceptable.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Komet said:

"I can excuse the participation of a country which is committing genocide and whose delegation constantly harassed the other participants but I draw the line when someone stands up for themselves verbally"

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Danai G said:

"I can excuse the participation of a country which is committing genocide and whose delegation constantly harassed the other participants but I draw the line when someone stands up for themselves verbally"

This is a whole another argument, nowhere in my post have I mentioned israel, let alone excused them. Resorting to a strawman because you can't defend your original statement is much more embarrassing than staying silent. 

Once again, point out a company that would not act on one of their employees calling the police on a customer, and not in the favour of that employee. Especially in Sweden, where unions and worker's protection are tight af.

Edited by Komet

11 minutes ago, Komet said:

This is a whole another argument, nowhere in my post have I mentioned israel, let alone excused them. Resorting to a strawman because you can't defend your original statement is much more embarrassing than staying silent. 

Once again, point out a company that would not act on one of their employees calling the police on a customer, and not in the favour of that employee. Especially in Sweden, where unions and worker's protection are tight af.

The police has already denied any claims of physical violence towards the photographer. And AVROTROS would have no reason to defend an artist who attacked someone. If the circumstances are nasty, obviously we will defend Joost when everything is against EBU. Had he had done something despicable, he would be held into custody. He wouldn't even be able to leave Sweden, let alone travel to Canada. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Danai G said:

The police has already denied any claims of physical violence towards the photographer. And AVROTROS would have no reason to defend an artist who attacked someone. If the circumstances are nasty, obviously we will defend Joost when everything is against EBU. Had he had done something despicable, he would be held into custody. He wouldn't even be able to leave Sweden, let alone travel to Canada. 

Physical altercation isn't the only kind of a wrongdoing, and Avrotros' defence being 'yeah he did smth but the punishment should've been lighter' isn't exactly giving what yall think it is. 

People act like EBU was just waiting somebody to look in the wrong direction and gleefully DQ them an hour before the finale, as if they weren't aware of the repercussions and the optics of that, as well of the already high tensions of the show. For them to do something that unprecedented at that late of an hour means either 1) their hand was forced or 2) they've seen enough evidence to act on it. 

I really wish recording or something would leak so we can out this put this rest, but I guess we'll have to wait till the litigation is over before anybody cam speak on the details.

• Thumbs Down 2

17 hours ago, fa77ot said:

NF6AMWM.gif

This isn't surprising.  The song was only supported by far right fascists who ditched the song after Eurovision passed. 

Posted (edited)

Joost Klein's lawyer wants new witnesses to be interviewed in the Netherlands in the investigation into the alleged threat to a camerawoman during the Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö. These are witnesses who live in the Netherlands, Swedish public prosecutor Fredrik Jönsson confirmed to this site after reporting about this from the Swedish newspaper Expressen.

Justice in Sweden must apply for a so-called European investigation order for this. Jönsson cannot say how much time the application will take and when the hearings can take place. Nor is anything said about which witnesses should be interviewed. Only then can a decision be made about possible prosecution. "All I can say is that a few witnesses will be interviewed," Jönsson said. "We can then request the Dutch police to conduct the interrogations through the European investigation order."

Klein's Swedish lawyer, Jan-Åke Fält, did not want to comment on the news when asked. However, he tells this site that he will make a statement 'hopefully soon'.

The police investigation into the incident involving Klein is currently before the judiciary. The Dutch Eurovision entry was disqualified just before the final because he was involved in an incident with a camera woman after the second semi-final, who reported threats. What exactly happened is still unclear.

According to AvroTros, Klein made 'a threatening movement' towards the woman when she filmed him, while it had been repeatedly agreed that she would not do that. The broadcaster found the measure taken by the Eurovision Song Contest organizer European Broadcasting Union (EBU) to exclude him on this basis as 'very severe and disproportionate'. Fält previously announced that a provisional trial date had been set for early June. That hearing will now be postponed. His lawyer also stated that Klein was not guilty of threats and that the chance of an acquittal would be high.

Swedish public prosecutor Fredrik Jönsson tells Boulevard that he has not (yet) seen any images of the incident with Joost Klein.

Edited by fa77ot

I hope they ban Israel and any Zionists from being allowed to attend Eurovision next year.

Netherlands should also withhold attending and tell the EBU to **** themself.

Anyone know if Martin O was fired yet?

42 minutes ago, fa77ot said:

Soooo...

You're telling me that they came to the decision to disqualify him without listening to all the witnesses and without checking the video??? 

Marina just released Zari merch plus a Yenna vinyl, omg! And on her Instagram Q&A she said that she'll release a remix for LALALA soon and that they have planned a new music video for a song from P.O.P. 

Marina has been very consistent with her promises, she had promised us an EP with a new music video once Eurovision was over and she had mentioned the upcoming merch.

5 hours ago, Mezik said:

I hope they ban Israel and any Zionists from being allowed to attend Eurovision next year.

Netherlands should also withhold attending and tell the EBU to **** themself.

Anyone know if Martin O was fired yet?

As long as Israeli company is sponsoring Eurovision,  nothing will happen 

Netherlands being huge financial country skipping for one year would be a huge slap to EBU! 

Joost and Marinallah smashing on spotify, oh u'll never catch me stanning a khia at Eurovisionspacer.png

14 hours ago, Danai G said:

Soooo...

You're telling me that they came to the decision to disqualify him without listening to all the witnesses and without checking the video??? 

Because it was probably the scum Israeli delegation meddling with them. 

Robbed bopped.

loisahap.thumb.png.2903b6ab4a2caa1631a76

1 hour ago, Konril said:

Robbed bopped.

I saw the two dudes in the Prague metro in summer 2022. The ginger one was wearing sandals exposing his Viking feet.... yum 

16 hours ago, Danai G said:

Marina just released Zari merch plus a Yenna vinyl, omg! And on her Instagram Q&A she said that she'll release a remix for LALALA soon and that they have planned a new music video for a song from P.O.P. 

Marina has been very consistent with her promises, she had promised us an EP with a new music video once Eurovision was over and she had mentioned the upcoming merch.

The Zari merch should've come out months ago because everybody and their mother has a Zari tshirt off of redbubble or the local tshirt printing shop now!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.