Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

1 hour ago, Danai G said:

Guys, since Europapa's semi final performance is approaching 11 million views (and I think it's increasing a little bit quicker than The Code's Grand Final performance), imagine if it surpassed The Code. 😭

Right now The Code Live video is increasing faster again

But Spotify is where the main focus is anyway. We should get the next streams update (from yesterday) soon

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Posted (edited)

Baby Lasagna declines 50K EUR award from Croatian's government and donates it all to two hospitals.

Humble, talented AND philanthropist! We LOVE to see it! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Edited by BOOM!
  • Like 14

I think that Europapa can surpass 100 million streams quickly if it remains stable enough. 

1 hour ago, anti-***** said:

Right now The Code Live video is increasing faster again

But Spotify is where the main focus is anyway. We should get the next streams update (from yesterday) soon

Either way, it's going to be so funny that two of the most watched live performances this year will be the winning song and the song that got disqualified 😭

1 hour ago, BOOM! said:

Baby Lasagna declines 50K EUR award from Croatian's government and donates it all to two hospitals.

Humble, talented AND philanthropist! We LOVE to see it! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

Damn, I can imagine all Croatian artists clutching their pearls getting ready to apply to Dora next year. 

-v-Kcd.gif

Was messing around with Internet Archive and it turns out they've saved a chunk of this thread, we're gonna be used as intime reactions to ESC 2024 in the Internet history books  :deadvision:

• Haha 7

Speaking of the history books

This perfomance will be there too

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

:jonny6:

Edited by fa77ot

On 5/13/2024 at 9:16 AM, Pendulum said:

That's not really an issue. It's just that this season did not have a lot of POC representation except for Saba from Denmark (Danish-Ethiopian) and Marina from Greece (half-Sudanese). Past winners include people of colour, transgender woman, Muslims and now non-binary :clap3:

The audience is mostly 40+ white gay men. Yuck

Ukraine 2012 - half-POC

Bulgaria 2012 - Roma 

North Macedonia 2013 - Roma

Hungary 2014 - half-POC

Belarus 2015 - half-POC

Latvia 2015 - half-POC

Bulgaria 2017 - half-Kazakh/Asian

Bulgaria 2018 - two POC in the line up

Russia 2021 - Tajik/Central Asian

ZARI.thumb.gif.f9e2b5ce45127ac721d50d9c9

Serbia won in 2007 with Roma lesbian 

:ahh: 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

On Thursday, a spokesman for public broadcaster Kan issued a statement to BBC News, accusing the other countries of anti-Israeli behaviour.

"This year, the Israeli delegation faced immense pressure and an unprecedented display of hatred, notably from other delegations and artists, publicly and collectively, solely because of the simple fact that we are Israelis and that we were there," it said.

"However, throughout the journey, the delegation maintained a dignified and respectful approach towards artists and other delegations, striving to foster unity around music while adhering to the competition's rules, unlike some other delegations."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/ckkekk1nl0ro

giphy.gif

Edited by Funhouse

12 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

So this is the story the BBC decided to publish? All this is going to do is create more harassment for people who speak out about that delegation. **** this ****. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fa77ot said:

Joost serving stability after DQ :eek:

Oh Martin Österdahl don't make that face 

8 hours ago, fa77ot said:

I guess time will tell if Europapa remains the most streamed song of this year, but do we have examples of other years where the most streamed song wasn't the winning song?

4 minutes ago, Pat said:

I guess time will tell if Europapa remains the most streamed song of this year, but do we have examples of other years where the most streamed song wasn't the winning song?

Some recent examples:

2022 - Snap, Brividi, Slomo, Space Man, and Hold me Closer are above Stefania

2017 - Occidentali's Karma, City Lights, and I Can't Go On are above Amar Pelos Dois

2016 - If I Were Sorry, J'ai Cherché, Nessun Grado di Separazione, and Sound of Silence are above 1944

2014 - Calm After the Storm and Undo are above Rise Like a Phoenix

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

2022 - Snap, Brividi, Slomo, Space Man, and Hold me Closer are above Stefania

I mean are we surprised…

:suburban:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 hours ago, abelfenty said:

This is exactly why we need juries to stay

Considering that juries blocked Greece from a Top 10 overall placement so Americans over at REACT channel won't be able to rank Marina in their list, I say screw juries for screwing Ms. Marina like that despite her slaying on televote

• Like 1

Life just feels good when your favs win Eurovision with record breaking televote and second biggest score ever :heart2: Can't imagine my fav coming third in jury and third in televote with a mediocre as hell score behind three middle-aged Moldovan men singing in Romanian and still being pressed two years later thinking it stood any chances to win. Maybe it's a brainrot after not winning since 1969 :deadbanana4: Simply not every country can win more often than twice in 68 years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@EnterTheAttic Greece ended up being my dad's favourite. :rip: My mum thought it was trash, though. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.