Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Loreen's career is kinda laughable at this point. :skull: Last year, the tour in the UK she did tiny ass venues, way beneath that of a 2x Eurovision winner and Kaarija came to my city and did bigger venues. The irony is that I, who prefered CCC to Tattoo ended up going to see Loreen instead of Kaarija :laugh:

Now her 2025 tour, the UK dates are in way bigger venues that she should have did in 2023 but now they are honestly too big for her since she didn't do much after her win and there's hardly any promo for this tour. Her core fandom is pretty small because there is hardly any content and there's only so much Euphoria and Tattoo can do. People I spoke to at the gig really couldn't name any other songs than those two and I felt like the only person in my immediate vicinity who knew all the songs and I'm not even a Loreen stan. No one knew the words to Statements which is criminal :redface: 

She should have been all over this years ESC since that's really the best promo opportuntiy she has at this point and she gave us a boring performance where you don't even realise she started singing Tattoo 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

58 minutes ago, karma police said:

Grito is growing on me massively since the final :jonny5:

Same. 

The vibe is so 'fado-like'... Yet sounds even RnB-ish at times... It's magnetic. 

Love her too... And that really helps. 

More tea on Israeli delegation 

1 hour ago, abelfenty said:

My ranking of all the winners this century:

1. 🇮🇹 Zitti e Buoni 

2. 🇦🇹 Rise Like A Phoenix

3. 🇷🇸 Molitva 

4. 🇺🇦 Wild Dances

5. 🇸🇪 Euphoria 

6. 🇳🇴 Fairytale 

7. 🇬🇷 My Number One

8. 🇸🇪 Heroes

9. 🇹🇷 Everyway That I Can

10. 🇺🇦 1944

11. 🇸🇪 Tattoo 

12. 🇩🇰 Fly on the Wings of Love 

13.🇨🇭The Code

14. 🇮🇱 Toy

15. 🇺🇦 Stefania 

16. 🇩🇰 Only Teardrops

17. 🇱🇻 I Wanna

18. 🇳🇱 Arcade 

19. 🇩🇪 Satellite 

20. 🇫🇮 Hard Rock Hallelujah 

21. 🇦🇿 Running Scared 

22. 🇵🇹 Amar pelos dois

23. 🇷🇺 Believe 

24. 🇪🇪 Everybody 

sATEllite way too low

1 hour ago, Danai G said:

I am sorry guys but am I the only who believes that Loreen was paid DUST by SVT? She is literally the only woman to win twice in Eurovision, she has one of the biggest European hits of all time, Tattoo was a smash too and she brought the seventh win to Sweden. She appeared less times than Charlotte Perrelli, her interval act felt a little bit messy (and low budget, not gonna lie...) and it seems like they completely brushed off her achievements.

Not to mention that Forever did nothing on Spotify, the streaming numbers are a little bit disappointing in my opinion. I really hope that she won't fade into oblivion...

Sweden has been paying her dust for about 10 years now. 

1 minute ago, Antisocialites said:

sATEllite should've never won

Fixed it for you. You can thank me later. :-*

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, illia said:

this tea is incredible, KAN is going to get a mega fine for this 

49 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Loreen is the biggest loser of this year's Eurovision. She really gave us the most boring performance ever and I don't think SVT is the one to blame. She has consistently proven that she, besides Euphoria and Tattoo, can't make a smart business decision if it was the last thing she does.

Unfortunately it's the truth. The fact that the most memorable Loreen moment this year doesn't even involve Loreen, but the hosts lying down on a sunbed... :suburban:

The Netflix/Prime/HBO documentary about Eurovision 2024 in a few years will be as iconic as the Fyre Festival or the tinder swindler documentaries, I wonder how long the NDA's will last before we get the full tea. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

Loreen's career is kinda laughable at this point. :skull: Last year, the tour in the UK she did tiny ass venues, way beneath that of a 2x Eurovision winner and Kaarija came to my city and did bigger venues. The irony is that I, who prefered CCC to Tattoo ended up going to see Loreen instead of Kaarija :laugh:

Now her 2025 tour, the UK dates are in way bigger venues that she should have did in 2023 but now they are honestly too big for her since she didn't do much after her win and there's hardly any promo for this tour. Her core fandom is pretty small because there is hardly any content and there's only so much Euphoria and Tattoo can do. People I spoke to at the gig really couldn't name any other songs than those two and I felt like the only person in my immediate vicinity who knew all the songs and I'm not even a Loreen stan. No one knew the words to Statements which is criminal :redface: 

She should have been all over this years ESC since that's really the best promo opportuntiy she has at this point and she gave us a boring performance where you don't even realise she started singing Tattoo 

I honestly think that she has demand in UK since she won in Liverpool and her management is in UK. 

13 minutes ago, illia said:

Idk, most of this is just public information and a retelling of the events tbh :skull: I just listened to 18 minutes and didn't learn anything else new

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

sATEllite way too low

I will give Lena one thing and that she's kinda a queen for still having the Turks insanely pressed all these years later :clap3:

Posted (edited)

While I cannot stand Satellite, I think Taken By a Stranger was superb. The song, the performance, the graphics (that ending!), everything was on point. Should've ended up in the top 3 tbh.

Edited by elvenOCEAN
  • Like 3

While we're talking about the 2011 edition, anyone remember this flop? :coffee: (love her to death)

Lowkey a bop :-*

54 minutes ago, Antinemesis said:

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll update if I see anything that is available for free or if I end up paying!

edit: the preview says there should be an official statement about it from the EBU!

I'm assumin this is the one, they altered their previous statement

4 minutes ago, elvenOCEAN said:

While we're talking about the 2011 edition, anyone remember this flop? :coffee: (love her to death)

Lowkey a bop :-*

I still need to know why she thought entering with this was a good idea :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

I still can't express my disappointment with her performance this year, it was most likely the only opportunity Forever could get when it comes to a big promotion (When we know damn well at this point she's gonna appear on one Swedish show and call it a night :rip:) and I saw more comments making jokes about the performance looking like she was at a gynaecologist and not how incredibly she sang or how it looked great.

The chair idea looks amazing as a still image but it shouldn't have gone on for 6 minutes, it would've been better if she was on the chair for 2 minutes for Tattoo, broke into Euphoria chorus and then ended it with Forever. Malmo 2013 felt more like a true winner's welcome for Loreen and felt like a celebration of her - I got 0 of those vibes this year, it felt more like ABBA celebration (when not even Bjorn sent a video message). :deadbanana4: 

Also, I get that she doesn't want to be a megastar, that's normal and to be honest, I would feel overwhelmed too; the least we can get is an album drop before ESC24, some singles with promotion (even if it's gridlocked to Scandinavia at this point), still keep herself relevant in the 'indie' music scene (still getting access to Pitchfork, RS etc) and not completely disappearing off the face of the earth and reappearing when that Euphoria streaming residentials start dropping.

She could still be an acclaimed artist in Sweden even without the big commercial work, I still can't believe her album is coming out in 2025 and not Fall 2024, that would've perfect for her upcoming tour and the European festival circuit she's doing this year. Also her changing to a smaller label with 0 influence and TaP doing bare **** for her. I'm sick :biblionny:

Edited by Gwendolyn

Posted (edited)

The real winner of 2011. Bring back Bosnia & Herzegovina :-*

Edited by abelfenty
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

The real winner of 2011. Bring back Bosnia & Herzegovina :-*

And then the backing vocalist came the following year and slayed even harder.

Korake Ti Znam, along with Bistra Voda, remains one of my all time favourite Eurovision entries. I need B&H back so much. :jonny5:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

I will give Lena one thing and that she's kinda a queen for still having the Turks insanely pressed all these years later :clap3:

I remember reading some stuff about her after getting into her music and apparently she ranked top 10 amongst the most hated women in Turkey at some point :rip: they took it seriously

• Haha 3

At least we can all agree that Running Scared is the worst winning song of Eurovision History :heart2:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I still can't express my disappointment with her performance this year, it was most likely the only opportunity Forever could get when it comes to a big promotion (When we know damn well at this point she's gonna appear on one Swedish show and call it a night :rip:) and I saw more comments making jokes about the performance looking like she was at a gynaecologist and not how incredibly she sang or how it looked great.

The chair idea looks amazing as a still image but it shouldn't have gone on for 6 minutes, it would've been better if she was on the chair for 2 minutes for Tattoo, broke into Euphoria chorus and then ended it with Forever. Malmo 2013 felt more like a true winner's welcome for Loreen and felt like a celebration of her - I got 0 of those vibes this year, it felt more like ABBA celebration (when not even Bjorn sent a video message). :deadbanana4: 

Also, I get that she doesn't want to be a megastar, that's normal and to be honest, I would feel overwhelmed too; the least we can get is an album drop before ESC24, some singles with promotion (even if it's gridlocked to Scandinavia at this point), still keep herself relevant in the 'indie' music scene (still getting access to Pitchfork, RS etc) and not completely disappearing off the face of the earth and reappearing when that Euphoria streaming residentials start dropping.

She could still be an acclaimed artist in Sweden even without the big commercial work, I still can't believe her album is coming out in 2025 and not Fall 2024, that would've perfect for her upcoming tour and the European festival circuit she's doing this year. Also her changing to a smaller label with 0 influence and TaP doing bare **** for her. I'm sick :biblionny:

Why is TaP doing the bare minimum? I really expected them to promote her harder! 

3 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

At least we can all agree that Running Scared is the worst winning song of Eurovision History :heart2:

AzerBUYjan couldn't ever bother to send a better song to the contest they rigged like :biblio:

8 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I feel like the hate for this is overdone. Like yeah it's not a good winner but there are certainly weaker ones lol

Marina's new project is OUT ! 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.