Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

1 hour ago, Funhouse said:

giphy.gif

This would've honestly been too iconic

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

I swear if they are still allowed to participate next year after ALL this...

EBU = devils!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike_int said:

Well, I wonder what society of people you live when they do ...

It is not like Nemo is somehow special Conchita won 10 years ago as dragqueen and Dana International in 1998 as trans

We've had "regular" gays being represented before (Ireland 2018), and guess what? The backlash was still the same. The performance was censored in Russia, several conservative media sites all over Europe were throwing the "they're trying to shove it in our faces!!!" argument and to this day China still hasn't returned to broadcasting the contest. And that was just two guys dancing and hugging! Yet, Eurovision stood by letting their queer participants do their thing and showcase their truth. 

And no, they're not special, and that's a good thing about Eurovision.

Eurovision is the only major cultural event in the world that gives queer people a chance to be unapologetically ourselves, and it actually rewards us for doing so. When was the last time a queer man won a Best Actor Oscar? We've had two queer men in the top 2 in 2019. The last non-straight woman to win an Oscar was in 1995, yet a bisexual woman won Eurovision just last year. A trans woman hadn't won a Grammy until last years ceremony, but a trans woman won Eurovision in the 1990s. Eurovision has a predominantly queer fanbase and it stands by its fanbase. Sure, Eurovision has (a lot of) problems, but as someone who found this contest and community as a lonely 11 year old gay boy more than a decade ago, it truly is a remarkable thing for queer people all over the world and we shouldn't take it for granted. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

We've had "regular" gays being represented before (Ireland 2018), and guess what? The backlash was still the same. The performance was censored in Russia, several conservative media sites all over Europe were throwing the "they're trying to shove it in our faces!!!" argument and to this day China still hasn't returned to broadcasting the contest. And that was just two guys dancing and hugging! Yet, Eurovision stood by letting their queer participants do their thing and showcase their truth. 

And no, they're not special, and that's a good thing about Eurovision.

Eurovision is the only major cultural event in the world that gives queer people a chance to be unapologetically ourselves, and it actually rewards us for doing so. When was the last time a queer man won a Best Actor Oscar? We've had two queer men in the top 2 in 2019. The last non-straight woman to win an Oscar was in 1995, yet a bisexual woman won Eurovision just last year. A trans woman hadn't won a Grammy until last years ceremony, but a trans woman won Eurovision in the 1990s. Eurovision has a predominantly queer fanbase and it stands by its fanbase. Sure, Eurovision has (a lot of) problems, but as someone who found this contest and community as a lonely 11 year old gay boy more than a decade ago, it truly is a remarkable thing for queer people all over the world and we shouldn't take it for granted. 

And? Literally so what. :rip:

How many other straight etc. people haven't been properly recognised/awarded.

10 minutes ago, elvenOCEAN said:

And? Literally so what. :rip:

How many other straight etc. people haven't been properly recognised/awarded.

I genuinely do not care about straight people. If they feel like they're not getting enough recognition they're free to make their own heterosexual-only Eurovision

6 hours ago, fa77ot said:

did anyone got tickets for Joost? I was there at 2PM and they were sold out in seconds

:suburban:

I got some and i'm so excited. there's tickets left for vienna if you want to travel :heart2:

4 hours ago, Anthinos said:

There is also a gif but I don't want to get a warning point :suburban:

asldjfsd i want to see, send please

:gaycat4:

they really released this POS song i hate the EBU :bibliahh:

Posted (edited)

not me flopping in all categories, yet I still coming second when all the results are combined :clap3: my Nemo tea

Edited by Pendulum

not me taking Israel spot. a win :WAP:

6 minutes ago, *Tim said:

Oh, EBU, you are in shambles...

I am sorry guys but am I the only who believes that Loreen was paid DUST by SVT? She is literally the only woman to win twice in Eurovision, she has one of the biggest European hits of all time, Tattoo was a smash too and she brought the seventh win to Sweden. She appeared less times than Charlotte Perrelli, her interval act felt a little bit messy (and low budget, not gonna lie...) and it seems like they completely brushed off her achievements.

Not to mention that Forever did nothing on Spotify, the streaming numbers are a little bit disappointing in my opinion. I really hope that she won't fade into oblivion...

• Like 3

My ranking of all the winners this century:

1. 🇮🇹 Zitti e Buoni 

2. 🇦🇹 Rise Like A Phoenix

3. 🇷🇸 Molitva 

4. 🇺🇦 Wild Dances

5. 🇸🇪 Euphoria 

6. 🇳🇴 Fairytale 

7. 🇬🇷 My Number One

8. 🇸🇪 Heroes

9. 🇹🇷 Everyway That I Can

10. 🇺🇦 1944

11. 🇸🇪 Tattoo 

12. 🇩🇰 Fly on the Wings of Love 

13.🇨🇭The Code

14. 🇮🇱 Toy

15. 🇺🇦 Stefania 

16. 🇩🇰 Only Teardrops

17. 🇱🇻 I Wanna

18. 🇳🇱 Arcade 

19. 🇩🇪 Satellite 

20. 🇫🇮 Hard Rock Hallelujah 

21. 🇦🇿 Running Scared 

22. 🇵🇹 Amar pelos dois

23. 🇷🇺 Believe 

24. 🇪🇪 Everybody 

9 minutes ago, Danai G said:

I am sorry guys but am I the only who believes that Loreen was paid DUST by SVT? She is literally the only woman to win twice in Eurovision, she has one of the biggest European hits of all time, Tattoo was a smash too and she brought the seventh win to Sweden. She appeared less times than Charlotte Perrelli, her interval act felt a little bit messy (and low budget, not gonna lie...) and it seems like they completely brushed off her achievements.

Not to mention that Forever did nothing on Spotify, the streaming numbers are a little bit disappointing in my opinion. I really hope that she won't fade into oblivion...

Other than giving her a longer interval performance, I don't see what else SVT could've done. She released a single song in the year after her win, and Tattoo was her biggest hit outside of Europe, yet no album is even on sight. Loreen just keeps screwing up every single career opportunity she gets :deadbanana4:

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Crazy how only one person predicted Latvia would qualify

Yet Norway, which was almost a universal qualifier, barely made it

Grito is growing on me massively since the final :jonny5:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Danai G said:

They also couldn't gather ABBA for their anniversary after rigging Loreen's win. So what do you think they can do? Literally nothing. 

Not sure if AP but allegedly 15 different broadcasters agreed to disqualify Joost. I haven't paid to read the full thing, though.

https://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/schlagerbloggen/2024/05/har-tycks-ebu-fullstandigt-saga-nederlandska-versionen-dessutom-15-olika-tv-bolag-med-i-beslutet-att-diska-joost-klein/

35 minutes ago, Danai G said:

She was supposed to perform with Johnny Logan in semi 1 but she dropped out. There's been mixed information, though, as her manager claimed she never intended to perform outside of the final.

30 minutes ago, Danai G said:

Loreen is the biggest loser of this year's Eurovision. She really gave us the most boring performance ever and I don't think SVT is the one to blame. She has consistently proven that she, besides Euphoria and Tattoo, can't make a smart business decision if it was the last thing she does.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Loreen is the biggest loser of this year's Eurovision. She really gave us the most boring performance ever and I don't think SVT is the one to blame. She has consistently proven that she, besides Euphoria and Tattoo, can't make a smart business decision if it was the last thing she does.

Honestly, the fact that she released only one song after her Eurovision win proves that she's truly not interested to purchase a bigger career. She seems pretty modest with the career she has now. Yes, it's sad that she fumbles all of her chances but we have to accept that that's who she is...

I saw that she changed labels and she's not signed to Universal Music Group anymore. Oh God. 😭

18 minutes ago, Antinemesis said:

Not sure if AP but allegedly 15 different broadcasters agreed to disqualify Joost. I haven't paid to read the full thing, though.

https://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/schlagerbloggen/2024/05/har-tycks-ebu-fullstandigt-saga-nederlandska-versionen-dessutom-15-olika-tv-bolag-med-i-beslutet-att-diska-joost-klein/

She was supposed to perform with Johnny Logan in semi 1 but she dropped out. There's been mixed information, though, as her manager claimed she never intended to perform outside of the final.

That article is behind a paywall :'(

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, *Tim said:

That article is behind a paywall :'(

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll update if I see anything that is available for free or if I end up paying!

edit: the preview says there should be an official statement about it from the EBU!

Edited by Antinemesis

Also, Loreen was supposed to be in Semi 1 performing Euphoria alongside Johnny Logan but she pulled out, her manager denied this claim but it feels like the most Loreen thing to do :rip:

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/07/eurovision-2024-loreen-was-supposed-to-join-johnny-logan-at-eurovision-2024/

8 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Also, Loreen was supposed to be in Semi 1 performing Euphoria alongside Johnny Logan but she pulled out, her manager denied this claim but it feels like the most Loreen thing to do :rip:

https://eurovoix.com/2024/05/07/eurovision-2024-loreen-was-supposed-to-join-johnny-logan-at-eurovision-2024/

maybe she overheard Johnny Logan rehearsing and decided then and there. :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.