Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Can someone explain why the choreo in this gif is different form the performance (at least the one I saw on Twitter)?

giphy.gif

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Can someone explain why the choreo in this gif is different form the performance (at least the one I saw on Twitter)?

giphy.gif

https://streamable.com/fpbhrg

This is her audition/internal selection performance that she should have kept!

Edited by Fevesy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

https://streamable.com/fpbhrg

This is her audition/internal selection performance that she should have kept!

Omg this is definitely much better, why would she change it? Maybe because because the choreography has a similar vibe to Cyprus? also is that her husband watching it? :rip:

WHEN DO THEY OPEN THE ROTW VOTE FFS

1 minute ago, gimmelaugh said:

Omg this is definitely much better, why would she change it? Maybe because because the choreography has a similar vibe to Cyprus? also is that her husband watching it? :rip:

Her husband did her staging as well as Cyprus so that's my suspicion as to why she changed it.. and yeah, her husband was the one in charge of the internal Austrian selection and showed it to OGAE Austria members as part of the voting process and one of them leaked it (and is probably the source of the demo leaking too)

Now you might think it's suspicious that her husband was in charge of the internal selection, but it was the same last year and she lost to Teya & Selena - also someone who saw all the potential songs said that We Will Rave was the best one by far and most of the songs were garbage :rip: According to her, she choreographed this whole audition but after she got selected she got some other choreographer from the UK to do it so she could focus on everything else that goes with this process.

It's honestly upsetting watching that video and seeing what we got in the end. It just needed to be tidied up in areas and a better dance break and it was solid for Eurovision. I was sooo excited for months to see it on the stage :cries:

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

Her husband did her staging as well as Cyprus so that's my suspicion as to why she changed it.. and yeah, her husband was the one in charge of the internal Austrian selection and showed it to OGAE Austria members as part of the voting process and one of them leaked it (and is probably the source of the demo leaking too)

Now you might think it's suspicious that her husband was in charge of the internal selection, but it was the same last year and she lost to Teya & Selena - also someone who saw all the potential songs said that We Will Rave was the best one by far and most of the songs were garbage :rip: According to her, she choreographed this whole audition but after she got selected she got some other choreographer from the UK to do it so she could focus on everything else that goes with this process.

It's honestly upsetting watching that video and seeing what we got in the end. It just needed to be tidied up in areas and a better dance break and it was solid for Eurovision. I was sooo excited for months to see it on the stage :cries:

It's so interesting how much goes on behind the scenes that casual viewers know nothing about. I didn't really know the story behind Kaleen's participation, just saw that gif a couple of times, so thanks for telling me about it all!! I feel for you, it's a shame someone else ended up choreographing the Eurovision performance too since she herself is a choreographer. They could've at least worked around her original ideas instead of scrapping them altogether :emofish:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, igninton said:

Honestly, the jury should account for more than 50% of the vote. It is quite literally the only way to prevent wins like Israel 2024 (?) and Ukraine 2022 from happening. :zzz:

But the girls were complaining last year when the jury tanked Cha x 3 :gaycat7:

59 minutes ago, Blackthorn said:

WHEN DO THEY OPEN THE ROTW VOTE FFS

Says delayed until they finish with the Joost investigation. Since we are paying the local equivalent of 0.99 Euros for each vote, they don't want to have a situation where they'd have to refund the voting fee.

• Like 1

The heck

3 hours ago, abelfenty said:

:deadbanana4:

wtf is this fake voting thing? Been watching ESC since I was an infant and ths is the first time I heard of it  :deadbanana4:

Remember when Italy couldn't make Cornelia's spinning circle work but Nemo's hydraulic disc works flawlessly now. 

2022 MESS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

wtf is this fake voting thing? Been watching ESC since I was an infant and ths is the first time I heard of it  :deadbanana4:

they have to check the antibooing tech with different volumes and frequencies

• Like 1

The fact that they might disqualify Joost but didn't disqualify the countries in 2022 who were CAUGHT CHEATING is a ******* joke

Just show the semi final performance and ban him from attending if need be, but there's no need to disqualify the entire country

• Haha 1

Will they ban Israeli's delegation for harrassing other delegations and artists? They literally film themselves provocating others :toofunny3:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Happy Eurovision Day everybody!!! 

I hope you will enjoy the show tonight 

I have to say this has been the best contest in YEARS , i was checking now the order and apart from 5-6 fillers , the rest are all great entries 

At this point is very clear Croatia is going to be the winner (having in my mind Switzerland and Israel as surprise winners ) 

I would have loved if there was a huge battle between 5-6 counties for the win since if you ask me Personally its really a close battle theoretically between Croatia , Switzerland, Ukraine, Italy & Greece JUST to be more entertained tonight but especially the last 2 failed to impress 

I kind of rooting for Israel only for the drama it will cause and what can bring the next day to this competition but since i most probably lost my money i dont really care who's gonna win :ace:

• Like 2

Damn You Angelina 

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

My ranking ( not prediction obvi )

1.Italy

2.Croatia

3.Greece

4.Switzerland

5.Spain

6.Ireland

7.Ukraine

8.Sweden

9.France

10.Netherlands

11.Israel

12.Austria

13.Armenia

14.Cyprus

15.UK

16.Lithuania

17.Georgia

18.Finland

19.Luxemburg

20.Estonia

21.Norway

22.Portugal

23.Slovenia

24.Germany

25.Latvia

26.Serbia

This whole Joost thing… literally **** Israel

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Cain said:

This whole Joost thing… literally **** Israel

He beat up a woman BTS, Israel got nothing to do with this :rip:

Spoiler

DQ them too while we're at it :clap3:

2 minutes ago, nasa said:

He beat up a woman BTS, Israel got nothing to do with this :rip:

Hide contents

DQ them too while we're at it :clap3:

What?? Is that confirmed :rip:

8 minutes ago, Cain said:

What?? Is that confirmed :rip:

Not confirmed, but several reliable insiders reported that it got nothing to do with Israel, and Swedish media reported that he had a physical confrontation with a Swedish photographer.

39 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Happy Eurovision Day everybody!!! 

I hope you will enjoy the show tonight 

I have to say this has been the best contest in YEARS , i was checking now the order and apart from 5-6 fillers , the rest are all great entries 

At this point is very clear Croatia is going to be the winner (having in my mind Switzerland and Israel as surprise winners ) 

I would have loved if there was a huge battle between 5-6 counties for the win since if you ask me Personally its really a close battle theoretically between Croatia , Switzerland, Ukraine, Italy & Greece JUST to be more entertained tonight but especially the last 2 failed to impress 

I kind of rooting for Israel only for the drama it will cause and what can bring the next day to this competition but since i most probably lost my money i dont really care who's gonna win :ace:

Rooting for Israel. I stopped reading there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If the Italian drama wouldn't have happened I feel like we would be talking about 5 or 6 countries battling. 

Now, obviously... All the efforts are gonna be, either go with the only one with options of winning over israel, so all the votes for Croatia. 

Or the other way around, go and vote Israel just for the heck of it. 

So... It's Croatia or death at this point 

8 hours ago, abelfenty said:

The thing is, Hurricane is not even a good song. It's generic crap full of cliches. The contemporary dancing is stupid. Eden's voice is fine but it's not particularly memorable or distinctive. 

You're literally describing the majority of Eurovision entries that ever participated. Is this your first one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

Just caught up because I was at work when it aired live for both semis and honestly my favorites were Switzerland, Armenia, Croatia, Ukraine, Denmark, Portugal, and Greece based on the SFs. 

I think the EBU's consequences of their own actions might or might not show tomorrow. We will see. I predict a country who never won it before will win it. I would be here for it. Remember, the odds the last time in Stockholm gave a Russia victory, but Ukraine took it.

Edited by Mellark

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.