Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

29 minutes ago, karma police said:

@khalyanis Martin Österdahl rigging the game for his fave, confirmed!

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

Need this to happen for real tomorrow :jonnycat: Let's manifest little nuts

• Haha 1

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

another hard truth: being "non-political" is political. it's not when you're blind, it's when you're willfully blind 

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

That's your own opinion. Some people only want to vote based on songs and performance 

a rather simple spin on "non-political"

That's why the voting results are not echoing some "wishes" here

14 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

And the fact majority of the contestant's careers will not get any benefit from Eurovision due to it being completely overshadowed, I really worry for Olly especially. :frown:

I think its absolutely ridiculous for certain groups and ATRL users to only bully Olly out of all acts

2 minutes ago, gimmelaugh said:

little nuts

not "little nuts"

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

:ahh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aadrl1 said:

That's your own opinion. Some people only want to vote based on songs and performance 

That's just a way of assuaging their own guilt. Israel's presence simply cannot be separated from the evil they have been committing for more than half a year now.

If you are eagerly voting for "Hurricane" and encouraging people close to you to do the same, you are personally vocalizing your support for what they are doing outside of the contest. It's not that hard. Real world events influenced the 2022 contest as well, with an invader (justly) banned from the event and the victim winning as a show of moral and POLITICAL support.

• Like 7

First and foremost that there is this UGLY ass man who has one of those faces that's irritating to look at that's been part of the Israeli delegation for a few years and I saw him again during the semi final. If we're gonna be subject to Israel during the show tomorrow PLEASE for the love of god somebody put a bag over his head

12 hours ago, Fevesy said:

i have no words :skull: 

Is this real? :deadbanana4: Who let these people in, it looks like a SNL skit :ahh:

9 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

I wish Loreen tried to be bigger after 2012, I understand she isn't that type to be mega big but if she released consistent music and promoted a bit more, she could've stayed relevant at least in Scandinavia :rip: She has so much potential but I feel like she's ******* it up for the 2nd time, only releasing 2 songs after her 2nd win and having no album in sight is insane.

Biggest waste of a musical career I have ever seen alongside Azealia

7 hours ago, Pendulum said:

:hoetenks:

You can't make this **** up :ahh: This is an absolute mess and the reputation of the contest is falling apart right in front of my eyes but I cannot lie, deep down I am living for the drama and entertainment

Sorry for not keeping up but what's the update with Joost?

3 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Didn't perform at the Jury show however the juries will grade his Semi Final 2 performance. Swedish reporters found him at the hotel but he ignored all their questions (and then smiled and waved as the elevator closed)

The ROTW vote is delayed, the timer starts in 15 minutes or so but it might get extended since there is still no decision on Netherlands participation.

The EBU is still investigating, but no concrete story as to what exactly happened, just that it doesn't involve the Israeli delegation.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

That's just a way of assuaging their own guilt. Israel's presence simply cannot be separated from the evil they have been committing for more than half a year now.

If you are eagerly voting for "Hurricane" and encouraging people close to you to do the same, you are personally vocalizing your support for what they are doing outside of the contest. It's not that hard. Real world events influenced the 2022 contest as well, with an invader (justly) banned from the event and the victim winning as a show of moral and POLITICAL support.

Is that guilt on a spectrum? Maybe everyone still watching the show and everyone in this post were assigned guilt from you?

If people already are seperating music from politics during Eurovision, I am pretty sure there is nothing to assuage there

Edited by aadrl1

Posted (edited)

Can we finally get a Joost update? I need to go to sleep so I can get even more comfortable with the outcome of today :rip:

Edited by Gwendolyn

Kylie sis you need to tell UK and Australia to vote for Nutsa tomorrow!!

• Like 1

France sabotaging his performance so jury ranks Croatia higher, his mind!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, aadrl1 said:

Is that guilt on a spectrum? Maybe everyone still watching the show and everyone in this post were assigned guilt from you?

If people already are seperating music from politics during Eurovision, I am pretty sure there is nothing to assuage there

You can't separate politics from something that's inherently political :rip:

21 minutes ago, aadrl1 said:

If "some people" want to be blind to the politics behind the song and the performance, it doesn't erase the fact that majority of the people are being political about it. By choosing to ignore the politics of majority, you are making a political decision

You don't seem to understand what "political" is. As a matter of fact, you probably don't even understand that your posts right now are, in fact, very political

My point is simple: by acting in a "non-political" and/or "anti-political" way, you are making political statements. That's why I said "willfully blind". You have made your political choice about an inherently political thing, and it's to not act, to not see. 

9 minutes ago, gimmelaugh said:

Kylie sis you need to tell UK and Australia to vote for Nutsa tomorrow!!

She is going to get high score from Rest of the World. American Idol reddit and discord already setting up her voting instructions

ROTW timer ended but you still can't vote :ahh:

• Haha 1

ROTW voting was supposed to open 2 minutes ago. The timer is now stuck at 00:00:00 and voting is still not open apparently

Posted (edited)

Croatia not winning... Netherlands third despite not being there... France fifth despite being a ballad with questionable vocals... 

GNQZkjZWcAABX22?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

giphy.gif

Edited by Funhouse

They can cancel the ROTW vote anyway cause that's an extra 12 points for Israhell :suburban:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, aadrl1 said:

She is going to get high score from Rest of the World. American Idol reddit and discord already setting up her voting instructions

Amazing :jonny5: I really hope she can finish in top 10. If she can get at least 8 it would be the best place Georgia ever got :emofish:

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You can't separate politics from something that's inherently political :rip:

If "some people" want to be blind to the politics behind the song and the performance, it doesn't erase the fact that majority of the people are being political about it. By choosing to ignore the politics of majority, you are making a political decision

You don't seem to understand what "political" is. As a matter of fact, you probably don't even understand that your posts right now are, in fact, very political

My point is simple: by acting in a "non-political" and/or "anti-political" way, you are making political statements. That's why I said "willfully blind". You have made your political choice about an inherently political thing, and it's to not act, to not see. 

I obviously can't take what majority opinion you claimed as the objective reflection of the reality.

The public vote tomorrow will even hold more wieght than your assumption here.

You can push your definition of politics here; right wingers claims "everything is Political Correct" as well.

Your debate about what is considered political is what's in your mind.

It is not the internal monologue in many people's mind when they (do) vote (solely) based on their preference of songs and performance

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gimmelaugh said:

Amazing :jonny5: I really hope she can finish in top 10. If she can get at least 8 it would be the best place Georgia ever got :emofish:

If she doesn't dodge those high notes from the studio version or over-sing

We know she likes to belt and scream during American Idol

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

France fifth despite being a ballad with questionable vocals... 

Eh fifth with a ballad is quite an achievement, and I heard that there was like 3 squeaks? Great news for him if they didn't take these into account tbh

Edited by Blackthorn
It's not like he would have beaten those 4 massively hyped acts anyway

I didn't realise it was Eurovision week and I booked a trip and missed the live Semis. :cries:  Only just caught up.

I assume we're all stanning Ireland this year? I will reject any opinions to the contrary thank you. (Though maybe I'm bias because my trip this week was to Ireland)

Nothing else is really doing it for me this year at all. I wouldn't be too mad if Switzerland wins I suppose, then there's one or two others like Croatia and Luxembourg in tier 3 as a "Eh, fine I suppose" level. Ireland is the only one I'll be playing past tomorrow at this point though.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Funhouse said:

if this incident has to do with him being a menace I have been telling you so since he was announced as the Dutch representative...

moo.png

I feel like I keep seeing people say he's a menace, how come? (talking about before this year's Eurovision of course) 

Also why does it seem like he's disliked before page 400? (Haven't read through those pages yet)

Edited by IAmJustAKnee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.