Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

and let me make something clear: the very core idea of Eurovision Song Contest is political, and that idea is in the contrast with what EBU did with allowing Israel to participate this year when they clearly rightfully had banned Russia previously

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Martin Österdahl booed for the second time tonight 

olivia-wilde-olivia.gif

:deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aadrl1 said:

They maybe that's a dicision for the admins

It can be a term in the forum rule book that this or that person cannot like a song as a non-political eurovision fan 

But you and I are just members

it's not about liking the song, because...

24 minutes ago, fab said:

just finished watching the semifinal performances, Ireland and Israel were my favourites, France and Ukraine were also cute 

no one said that this user supports the genocide. they just said that they liked the entry. it is completely different to come here and start an argument just because you know that the majority of the people condemn the crimes against humanity 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, aadrl1 said:

You come from a boycotter's view of point, that's just not everyone 

It's just no use... I'm not trying to boycot anything, let alone the ESC. I've decided to not show support to Israel.

If you want to ignore what supporting Israel means (right now, in this contest), it's your decision. But that makes you self-centered. There's some **** happening outside your phone.

But you're entitled to that, just don't blame everyone else when you get strong reactions to your tone deaf pov.

Edited by LewisK
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

let me put this like this: 

prevailing opinion here is that Latvia's song is not good, but if someone had said that they made their family vote for them, no one would call them out for supporting genocide. maybe someone would've made a joke about their bad taste in music and poor choices with their money, but majority of the people wouldn't pay any attention to that opinion. 

or, since the prevailing opinion is that Croatia's entry should win, you can go to as many pages back as you want and you won't see anyone claiming that those who hate the Croatian song are genocide supporters. 

however, 99% of the people here think that genocide is bad and that supporting/voting for the country that is committing a genocide as we speak, and if you come in bragging how you support it while it's clear that you're trying to provoke a strong reaction from those who don't support those actions, then it's a completely different thing 

Lol I barely even tried, getting yall keyboard warriors riled up is so easy and funny.

Just try to enjoy the show, find some light in those dark days. After it's over tomorrow night yall be sad that it passed and you wasted it by fighting some unnecessary battles in the wrong surroundings. Who participates in the contest is obviously way out of the public's reach to control. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LewisK said:

It's just no use... I'm not trying to boycot anything, let alone the ESC. I've decided to not show support to Israel.

If you want to ignore what supporting Israel means (right now, in this contest), it's your decision. But that makes you self-centered. There's some **** happening outside your phone.

But you're entitled to that, just don't blame everyone else when you get strong reactions to your tone deaf pov.

You try to clarify the meaning of boycot

then why can't we clarify the meaning of non-political fans?

Seperation of Eurovision Music from Politics

Edited by aadrl1

I can't wait for this edition to be over. This feels like I'm watching the news which has been depressing currently, instead of an entertainment show :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Gwendolyn said:

I can't wait for this edition to be over. This feels like I'm watching the news which has been depressing currently, instead of an entertainment show :rip:

I don't think Tel Aviv 2025 is going to be much better.  

Dream results :jonnycat:

5 minutes ago, LewisK said:

If any Entitlement, the only thing Non-political eurovision fans will be entitled to is Not having Political Opinions during the show

and by "everyone else", you are referring only to the complement, which are the political fans

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

personally I am not going to watch the show. I will drop some votes for Croatia and Netherlands and that's it.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@khalyanis Martin Österdahl rigging the game for his fave, confirmed!

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

Edited by karma police
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, aadrl1 said:

You try to clarify the meaning of boycot

then why can't we clarify the meaning of non-political fans?

Seperation of Eurovision Music from Politics

Israel is not separated from politics this year. The reality you're speaking of doesn't exist.

I'm a non-political fan following your definition, but this year making Israel win has other connotations. It's not my decision, it's not yours, it's just the way it is. Therefore, thinking you can harmlessly support Israel this year is not whithin reality.

You still haven't answered: would've you supported Russia if they had participated in 2022?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LewisK said:

Israel is not separated from politics this year. The reality you're speaking of doesn't exist.

I'm a non-political fan following your definition, but this year making Israel win has other connotations. It's not my decision, it's not yours, it's just the way it is. Therefore, thinking you can harmlessly support Israel this year is not whithin reality.

You still haven't answered: would've you supported Russia if they had participated in 2022?

But what do you mean by support?

What song do they have? what is their staging like? What to judge?

Isreal is #8 on my list, I won't even count that as support. 

The other user was called a genocide suppoter by user @Mezik for liking a song,

the only support from me here is my disagreement to that claim

25 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I feel bad for the contestants. This should be the happiest time of their lives or at least right now. Instead it's not… Only image if EBU would've acted right. 

• Like 3

Just now, SevenFootSounds said:

I feel bad for the contestants. This should be the happiest time of their lives or at least right now. Instead it's not… Only image if EBU would've acted right. 

And the fact majority of the contestant's careers will not get any benefit from Eurovision due to it being completely overshadowed, I really worry for Olly especially. :frown:

I really want this year's Eurovision to end. Truly the worst year in history. It ruined the good reputation the contest was slowly getting back.

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

And the fact majority of the contestant's careers will not get any benefit from Eurovision due to it being completely overshadowed, I really worry for Olly especially. :frown:

very few benefit from Eurovision. but anyways olly has already hits

3 minutes ago, aadrl1 said:

But what do you mean by support?

What song do they have? what is their staging like? What to judge?

Isreal is #8 on my list, I won't even count that as support. 

The other user was called a genocide suppoter by user @Mezik for liking a song,

the only support from me here is my disagreement to that claim

You go off on a tangent everytime. Plus, you edited your comment to tag that user when the message was already clear. So I guess you're doing this just for fun. Blame on me for trying to help trolls understand. Have a good day.

• Like 1

I went out to a rave last night (Kaleen's impact :-*) and wake up to all of this drama :rip: let me read through all these pages

2 hours ago, Torturo said:

Itunes Norway and Sweden... in 2024? thats what, 2 copies?

If song was any good it would be top3 on odds before leak suggesting Italy went crazy for this out of this world song

Israel only charts on iTunes but is N/A on YouTube trending  (including Italy where they got 40% televote. Their paid bot machine is trying so hard to scam themselves into victory.

--------

Organic success only, actual songs that the GP likes :clap3:

• Like 3

another hard truth: being "non-political" is political. it's not when you're blind, it's when you're willfully blind 

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

I really want this year's Eurovision to end. Truly the worst year in history. It ruined the good reputation the contest was slowly getting back.

ZrBAIsDFfDziWWDgjB.webp 

I kind of want Israel to win so that it COMPLETELY ruins and jeopardizes the reputation of this political song contest. The more attention Israel gets, the more hate it gets. 

2 minutes ago, LewisK said:

You go off on a tangent everytime. Plus, you edited your comment to tag that user when the message was already clear. So I guess you're doing this just for fun. Blame on me for trying to help trolls understand. Have a good day.

It was only clear or fun by your opinion

That's fine. Your opinion is yours, not mine

Same thing, I am in no place here to tell whether people should boycott something or not, so I didn't

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.