Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

7 hours ago, Hurem said:

Yeah, the producers have never had more say in running order. They're not even trying to hide that they're doing this because they want favorites to get favorable RO's, which is problematic on so many levels. I fully believe they should go back to random draw, it's the only fair thing. I'm tired of them treating ESC like a reality show, miss me with that "we gotta have the dramatic curve!!1" bullshit :zzz: 

Exactly. I thought it was only gonna be a handful of countries getting the producers' choice, not 13 :deadbanana2:

I blame eurovision odds

Betting is OK and it happens during many competitions like sports etc, but it should NOT affect the actual show and running orders :rip:

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

6 hours ago, Hurem said:

Welcome to ATRL's Eurovision 2024 Prediction Game!

Think you can predict the winners and losers of this year's Eurovision Song Contest? Set your personal taste aside and put your analyst hat on! Not only do you get bragging rights, but you might also walk away with a gift card* if your predictions are spot on!
*(more info soon :fan:)

wUeNcyH.gif

Submitted :clap:

Mark my words: Switzerland will be this year's biggest BOMB.

The song is annoying, the pink outfit looks atrocious and the staging ain't memorable at all.

Won't be surprised if they don't qualify.

6jqr4Zd.gif 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Yeah, sure...

It's because of the holocaust memorial day and not because she was ordered to not leave her hotel room...

20 hours ago, POPTART said:

Oh boy do I have a tea on certain country and the betting odds :alexz2:

I don't need to ask for a DM to know that it's Switzerland manipulating the odds, same strategy as Malta 2021. Also the convenient coming out in November when the Swiss representative is known in internal circles gave it away. Nemo is the product of a marketing board meeting and nothing more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Mark my words: Switzerland will be this year's biggest BOMB.

The song is annoying, the pink outfit looks atrocious and the staging ain't memorable at all.

Won't be surprised if they don't qualify.

6jqr4Zd.gif 

The GP will find it unrelatable and unlikable even. I'm calling a two-digit televote score. It's Je me casse 2.0 with the PR'd hype and obnoxious performer (and in this case the song isn't even that good) :sorry: 

• Like 3

Dont know if it was posted,  here's all the 30 sec rehearsal clips 

3 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Dont know if it was posted,  here's all the 30 sec rehearsal clips 

• Like 1

GMzHDtmWwAAnsT4?format=jpg&name=900x900

this being the turquoise carpet.... :redface: 

2 hours ago, BOOM! said:

Yeah, sure...

It's because of the holocaust memorial day and not because she was ordered to not leave her hotel room...

why the picture of Noa Killer :rip:

5 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

you deleted my @ :redface:

I just copy pasted it from the last time I used it, sorry king :redface:

You can still submit your predictions though! 

• Thanks 1

I am SO ready for these two icons to slay:

SF1 suddenly became so much more interesting.:flame:

Posted (edited)

UK girlies, there's a documentary on Olly's prep and the staging on iPlayer - I think the London PreParty saga is mentioned also

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001z1lv/eurovision-song-contest-2024-olly-alexanders-road-to-eurovision-24

I'm watching it right now, I can also see other artists being interviewed? so I'll do a recap here

Edited by Fevesy

11 hours ago, Hurem said:

atrlpredictions-lesssharp.jpg

Welcome to ATRL's Eurovision 2024 Prediction Game!

Think you can predict the winners and losers of this year's Eurovision Song Contest? Set your personal taste aside and put your analyst hat on! Not only do you get bragging rights, but you might also walk away with a gift card* if your predictions are spot on!
*(more info soon :fan:)

wUeNcyH.gif

How It works:
Semi-Finals: You'll be predicting the 10 qualifiers, the top 3, the last place, and the borderline non-qualifier. You can earn up to 60 points for each semi.
Final: Predict the overall top 5, the top 3 with the juries, the top 3 with the public, and the last place. You can earn up to 160 points in this round. Accurate predictions here will earn you big points and could be the key to winning the game.

In total, you can score up to 280 points across all sections.

You are allowed to edit your response up until the form closes, which will be one minute before the first semi-final starts. Results will be revealed several days after the grand final. For transparency reasons, full submissions will be posted.

Get your crystal balls™ out and let's see who is the most realistic ATRLer!

Submit your predictions here!

crystalball.png

submitted :suburban:

This turquoise carpet setup is not it... very few opportunities for messy or campy moments like previous years

moo.png

So basically:

The staging is to show gay culture, and that since Olly is in a privledged position to be able to show it and others can't, so he wants to do so.. the team mention that they want it to be outrageous.

The actual staging itself was initially overweight and they had to cut back a bit to make it suitable but they don't show what they actually did to achieve that

The consensus is that the routine is extremely difficult to sing and do all that at the same time and Olly has doubts he can actually pull it off

He turned off his social media after the song came out

Most of the preparties were just on "autopilot" and "celeb" mode and before that he mentions the Queers For Palestine letter, so probably the stress/pressure of that.

It then has a section about Israel and the calls for him and others to boycott

On him and other contestants being complicit with genocide: "..quite extreme, it's very extreme. I understand where that sentiment comes from but I think it's not correct. It's an incredible complicated political situation. One that I'm not qualifed to speak on. The backdrop to this is, like actual immense suffering. It's like a humanitarian crisis, a war, you know? And it just so happens that there's a song contest going on at the same time, that I'm a part of. People are, like, in despair and want to do something." and at this part he starts to cry "And I really respect people who.. you know, people should do what's right for them if they want to boycott Eurovision, if they don't feel comfortable watching, that's their choice and I respect that, you know? Eurovision is, you know it's meant to be an apolitical contest, but it's.. that's like a fantasy"

They only have Bambie and Baby Lasagna just comment on how they are excited to show their art on stage and how Eurovision accepts every kind of music, nothing too interesting.

They show footage of the London PreParty and the protesters outside but actually barely any footage of Olly there

-

I think Olly could have said more but keep in mind this is the BBC so if he did say anything, they probably edited it out :toofunny2:

• Like 1

Why is the turquoise carped such a non-event and a flop this year?? What is this pls... :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Why is the turquoise carped such a non-event and a flop this year?? What is this pls... :deadbanana4:

I'm gonna guess they didn't want to do an actual event with press and an audience for security reasons, but it still could've been better than this

Already turned this Turquioise Carpet stream off after 5 minutes :deadbanana:

Posted (edited)

Turquoise Carpet backstage is such a mess. The set up is so basic, the lighting equipment in the shot, the basic questions, lack of chemistry between the hosts and artists... yikes. I know I said it before, but I really did not count on Sweden to underdeliver on this level :doc: 

Edit: I am SCREAMING at these interviews lasting 35 seconds :deadbanana4:

Edited by Hurem

"Hello how are y'all doing"
- Answer

"Ok i only have time for 1 more question"

lmfao

• Haha 1

I think it's okay. I like the drag queens. The questions have always been basic, which is why I find it sad that the fan media are not allowed to show their interviews. I always found the fan interviews more interesting. The EBU should tone down their restrictions. It kind of kills the hype.

Turquoise Carpet is giving

20 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

The staging is to show gay culture, and that since Olly is in a privledged position to be able to show it and others can't, so he wants to do so.. the team mention that they want it to be outrageous.

we love that for him & for us :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.