Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

Why are you excluding Bulgaria? :bunny:

In my head canon, the Balkans only consist of the former Yugoslavia. But Bulgaria is welcome to come back if they get rid of whoever is running the BNT twitter account, that man does the most

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

Just now, ZIVERT said:

In my head canon, the Balkans only consist of the former Yugoslavia. 

This is ignorant :bunny:

1 minute ago, Pendulum said:

This is ignorant :bunny:

Aw

spacer.png

Justice for Czechia, Serbia and sLOVEnia

We should get some word today on the timeframe for site selection. SVT usually gets right to planning the next year's event right away. We should have the location around the first week of July. SVT has always seemed to want to use Tele2 Arena, but it has never been available for the six weeks needed to build the stage and hold rehearsals.

Posted it in the 2023 thread but Abba says they are not planning to make an appearance that the 2024 contest.

https://www.svt.se/kultur/abba-slar-hal-pa-drommen-om-aterforening-i-eurovision-klar-dementi

I imagine there still would be some reference, or they send in the holograms.

Or they scrap it entirely and let Loreen play a medley of her Melodifestivalen HITS instead!

Doesn't that article just say that there are no plans and it's just speculation from fans? I feel like at least Benny & Bjorn would be involved in it somehow

• ATRL Moderator

Faroe Islands applies to EBU membership with the goal to compete in Eurovision

https://eurovoix.com/2023/05/17/faroe-islands-european-broadcasting-union-membership/

Bulgaria switched and now says it is too early to say for sure if they'll compete or not next year

http://www.escunited.com/no-decision-yet-on-bulgarias-participation-in-2024/

North Macedonia is also competing in junior Eurovision which makes it seem like they'll try for the adult version too.

Since 2023 was unpinned and we are heading to 2024, this would become the main thread.

Anyway, stream:

An Eurovision WINNER (x2)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Is Australia's participation a wrap?

2 hours ago, Mellark said:

Is Australia's participation a wrap?

Hopefully!

We need 40+ countries participating again
kqyzXrW.gif

And we need other countries to do well because this Italy-Ukraine-Sweden winning streak has been kind of reductive 

kqyzXrW.gif

1 hour ago, Gwendolyn said:

Absolutely no shade whatsoever to Sophie but this really is not the direction we should be going in dddd

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

We need it, we know Sophie can sing live at least!

Imagine a bop like this for next year :jonnycat:

Justice for Tsleylena!

It‘s your turn Anna-Sophie!

So I just read that, ahead of Benidorm Fest 2024, the Spanish broadcaster has replaced their HoD and replaced her with a former HoD from 2017. The decision doesn’t seem to be very popular amongst fans from the responses I’ve seen on Twitter.

I hope that’s not a reactionary decision based off their poor televote result this year. I mean, I thought the song was garbage but I applaud them for taking a creative risk and they crushed it the year before so would be a shame to see them potentially go backwards.

On 5/21/2023 at 5:05 PM, khalyan said:

We need it, we know Sophie can sing live at least!

Imagine a bop like this for next year :jonnycat:

They say this every damn year :rip:

14 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

So I just read that, ahead of Benidorm Fest 2024, the Spanish broadcaster has replaced their HoD and replaced her with a former HoD from 2017. The decision doesn’t seem to be very popular amongst fans from the responses I’ve seen on Twitter.

I hope that’s not a reactionary decision based off their poor televote result this year. I mean, I thought the song was garbage but I applaud them for taking a creative risk and they crushed it the year before so would be a shame to see them potentially go backwards.

Send Chanel every year i say and problem solved for them. Reina was robbed of her victory last year anyway.

She IS THE moment!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611750bee7a5568678eb7

Edited by BOOM!

12 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Send Chanel every year i say and problem solved for them. Reina was robbed of her victory last year anyway.

She IS THE moment!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611750bee7a5568678eb7

She hasn't released a single good song after the Eurovision.

6 minutes ago, WalkAway said:

She hasn't released a single good song after the Eurovision.

🍵

No J.Lo songwriters - no hit-sounding smasha I fear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.