Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

1 hour ago, Love Again said:

True, but it was the first UK entry to get nil points and it was even more embarrassing because Terry Wogan said that the UK’s result was a result of the UK supporting the US’ intervention in Iraq. When literally hundreds of UK eurofans said that the song and the duo performing it were bad and mediocre :deadbanana2:

That man was an absolute idiot. He quite literally destroyed the reputation of the contest in the country :rip: I get so turned off watching old editions bc of his cringe, and borderline racist commentary 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

35 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

That man was an absolute idiot. He quite literally destroyed the reputation of the contest in the country :rip: I get so turned off watching old editions bc of his cringe, and borderline racist commentary 

His racism was showing HARD. Western countries were fuming around 2007-2008 :deadbanana2: 2007 had a top 15 of which 13 entries came from East Europe and they couldnt stand it. They attributed it to external factors like ‘OUTHHH NEIGHBOR VOTING!!!’ which yes, is partially true, but also, the Western countries simply werent trying hard enough. Most of their entries were hard garbage

The best UK entry of all time me thinks :clap3:

I'm actually traumatized by Love Shine a Light since we used to have to sing it at assembly in school all the time :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fevesy said:

The best UK entry of all time me thinks :clap3:

I'm actually traumatized by Love Shine a Light since we used to have to sing it at assembly in school all the time :deadbanana4:

You're clearly forgetting about this MASTERPIECE :WAP:

• ATRL Moderator

The UK is never topping Gina G 

4 hours ago, abelfenty said:

Tea!

But it's not like Graham has been any better tho. 

Noa Kirel is such a MPG :heart: No crumbs

20 hours ago, Fevesy said:

The fact she was actually close to being the contestant, only 15 points behind Javine. No wonder the reputation of the contest went to **** here. If I was a serious artist I'd not want to be seen competing against the likes of THAT. :deadbanana2:Katie winning the online vote, 1% less votes from SMS than Javine and Scotland giving her 12 points. It was BAD. :ahh:

the absolute NERVE of the BBC to put this forward as a contender and then the British public spend 20 years moaning about how “it’s all political”

no, we’ve just sent utter crap for the past 20 years :rip:

I understand people’s hesitance to return to a national final format based on how cheap & lazy the previous attempts were, but if we did it properly it would be a success. Quality control the entrants, have a split jury/public vote, stage it in an arena. Engage the core Eurovision fanatics, appeal to international viewers. Use it as an opportunity to build a profile for the contestants pre-grand final. It’s so easy and so many other countries are already doing it, but alas the BBC will never put that much money in to it. A shame.

The European Broadcasting Union has introduced a series of changes to the rules, including around pre-recorded vocals. [...] It specifies that the performances on stage must be carried out live. In addition, no processor will be allowed for pitch corrections or full-screen insertion of video clips as part of stage performances.

https://eurovoix.com/2023/05/30/junior-eurovision-2023-all-vocals-must-be-performed-live/

ohhh i hope this means they'll implement this for eurovision 2024 as well :WAP: 

1 hour ago, DUA LIPA said:

The European Broadcasting Union has introduced a series of changes to the rules, including around pre-recorded vocals. [...] It specifies that the performances on stage must be carried out live. In addition, no processor will be allowed for pitch corrections or full-screen insertion of video clips as part of stage performances.

Cha Cha Cha's impact :clap3:

Idk, I liked the pre-recorded backing vocals. Songs with vocoder effects, or other vocal effects (such as in In Corpore Sano) sound flat when all the vocals are live.

Eleni is such a mess for having Het Grote Songfestivalfeest as her Dutch tour gig instead of booking Paradiso :bibliahh: shes only gonna be able to perform one maybe two songs.. I don’t wanna see those other flops I wanna see HER

• ATRL Moderator

I never watched 2012 until this morning.  I had always assumed that Loreen just dominated the contest quality wise but I was surprised to find so many other songs I liked! Russia, Iceland, Norway, Cyprus, and Azerbaijan were all really good too.  One of my faves I’ve rewatched so far :clap3: 

5 hours ago, Love Again said:

Eleni is such a mess for having Het Grote Songfestivalfeest as her Dutch tour gig instead of booking Paradiso :bibliahh: shes only gonna be able to perform one maybe two songs.. I don’t wanna see those other flops I wanna see HER

She should do what Go_A did last year and book a solo show the day before/after Het Grote Songfestivalfeest 

3 hours ago, khalyan said:

I never watched 2012 until this morning.  I had always assumed that Loreen just dominated the contest quality wise but I was surprised to find so many other songs I liked! Russia, Iceland, Norway, Cyprus, and Azerbaijan were all really good too.  One of my faves I’ve rewatched so far :clap3: 

Cyprus was a fave for many people but that live performance was not satisfactory for most. I still would put it in my Top 10 I think, but I definitely understand why it kinda flopped.

My 2012 Top 10 would probably be something like:

Sweden

Italy

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Azerbaijan

Spain

Finland (did not qualify)

Cyprus

Germany

Croatia (did not qualify)

Albania

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Cyprus was a fave for many people but that live performance was not satisfactory for most. I still would put it in my Top 10 I think, but I definitely understand why it kinda flopped.

My 2012 Top 10 would probably be something like:

Sweden

Italy

Bosnia & Herzegovina

Azerbaijan

Spain

Finland (did not qualify)

Cyprus

Germany

Croatia (did not qualify)

Albania

Italy’s Amy Winehouse cosplay was so funny to me, I enjoyed it otherwise at least!

32 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Italy’s Amy Winehouse cosplay was so funny to me, I enjoyed it otherwise at least!

yes, very that. but it's a cute song and I remember looking into the singer's other songs at the time and enjoying some of them. I remember this one in particular, very much an Amy tribute as well:

The band Joker Out performance popped up on my ticktok, I just wanna say damn what a hot band, especially the lead singer.lol He's so hot and pretty at the same time.:jonny5:Their song Carpe Diem is so catchy also.

5 hours ago, khalyan said:

Sabina Babayeva ended Mariah vocally btw

1 hour ago, Love Again said:

Sabina Babayeva ended Mariah vocally btw

This unintentional gay icon

YlK9r1G.thumb.gif.613b9663f3e5814ad92cc8

Bosnia & Herzegovina 2012 must be one of my all-time favourite songs. There was so much emotion in Maya's voice and performance! What a stunningly beautiful ballad. B&H needs to make a comeback. They served pretty much nothing but quality for years. :smitten:

Noa is releasing the other song they came up with for Eurovision in July, it's a Jordi produced song. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, elvenOCEAN said:

Bosnia & Herzegovina 2012 must be one of my all-time favourite songs. There was so much emotion in Maya's voice and performance! What a stunningly beautiful ballad. B&H needs to make a comeback. They served pretty much nothing but quality for years. :smitten:

I would LOVE for them to come back and give us a GOOD Balkan ballad moment

2023 was kind of the best Eurovision ever :jonny6:

Cha Cha Cha is the best Eurovision song I have ever heard, Tattoo is great too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.