Eurovision Song Contest 2024 | Switzerland wins!

Queen Conchita

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Komet said:

Once again, DQing somebody before the finale and putting in a press release in no uncertain terms that mean that his behavior breached contest rules, means that 2) this is something more serious than israhelli delegation acting untouchable, especially if police is involved and 2) there's enough proof of it happening for EBU to act.

Using whataboutism to excuse harassments is NOT a good look; you can protest israel without trivializing an attack on somebody

this is only partially true; we really don't know what went down. The EBU statement is also vague and gives us no clarity, the only thing they oddly specify is that it was a female member of the production crew (very odd). The only thing we know is that this member filed a complaint to the malmo police and "while the legal process takes its course, it would not be appropriate for him to continue in the Contest." (EBU statement) We have absolutely no clarity what went down and the talks between AVROTROS/dutch delegation and the ebu (Martin Ö.) have been going on since yesterday – if this was a clear cut case and incident of immense gravity i'm sure this all would have went down easier. Now because everything is being kept incredibly vague since yesterday people on social media started spreading rumours that nobody can prove or disprove because of the lack of information we're being given. At the same time AVROTROS have said that they find "the disqualification disproportionate and [are] shocked by the decision." (dutch statement)

I honestly hope there's going to be some sort of official clarity on this and that if the dutch delegation stands by their words of this being disproportionate, they let hell lose on the EBU and/or some other delegations join and support them when they "come back to this later" (dutch statement). Maybe some teams should also go up to the police and file complaints about the KAN journalists at this point, so this "later" doesn't end up being after the contest because while i think they should also work this through afterwards, there should also be some immediate response on this part...  

Edited by DUA LIPA
  • Like 2

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pendulum

• Funhouse

• Fevesy

• illia

1 minute ago, Skestina said:

Absolutely disgusting.

They just love to see other people getting erased

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pendulum said:

WHERE ARE THE CONSEQUENCES FOR THE ISRAHELLIS THAT THINK THEY'RE SO SPECIAL, THEY DEHUMANISE BAMBIE THUG BY SAYING THEY DON'T DESERVE TO BREATHE AROUND THE ISRAELI DELEGATION? WHERE?

bambi should seriously consider pressing charges

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

When does the ROTW vote end?  I might have to know this

natalia-barbu.gif

2 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

The EBU still hasn't decided if the Dutch audience can vote tonight

giphy.gif

Dddd AVROTROS better ask for their money back :bibliahh: What a joke

• Like 1

IsraHELL

giphy.gif 

• Thanks 1

I will be voting 20 times for Croatia. Israel must lose tonight

natalia-barbu.gif

EUROVISION YOU CAN HIDE

YOU'RE SUPPORTING GENOCIDE

cJY8g_.gifcJY8g_.gif

10 minutes ago, EnterTheAttic said:

She did? Who else besides Bambie?

"Demons and nudists"

That's ambiguous but can be the case of both Slovenia and Ireland

Plus Natalia Bardu also came for the runner up on social after her national final

There's a goddamn pop up video with the updated recap blocking anyone from voting. On the app, on mobile, on PC. You have to watch the whole video so the pop up goes away and then you're able to vote. :biblio: Anyone else have that problem? 

I'm not surprised at the mess. It's like they forgot voting was supposed to start and then they drop this bomb less an hour before the lines open. So inconsiderate of the rest of the contestants and voting fans. 

i hope the dutch delegation and AVTROTROS have some good contacts to other delegations and broadcasters so they can raise some hell for the EBU during these next few hours. If they actually mean that this feels disproportionate than there's enough reason to make these next few hours a mess for the organisers and yes some teams should definitely heavily complain about the KAN-shenanigans that are/have been happening in malmo and through their broadcasts and coverage of this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aadrl1 said:

"Demons and nudists"

That's ambiguous but can be the case of both Slovenia and Ireland

Plus Natalia Bardu also came for the runner up on social after her national final

:hoetenks: it would be iconic if she herself called them that but in her defence she only reposted a IG story that called Eurovision the contest of demons and nudists
natalia-barbu.gif

11 minutes ago, velocity said:

they probably thought she had a way bigger chance because she had a hit on tiktok unfortunately

Yeah, can't blame them for thinking that, Dzanum smashed on spotify but not in voting countries lol

And they are probably not aware of how liked Konstrakta is among Eurovision crowds, and she still has hype and goodwill from 2022, I really think she would've won this year. Especially once world heard the concept behind the 'same' performance. 

• Like 1

The official Eurovision account is being bombarded by pro-joost comments :laugh:

Just now, DUA LIPA said:

i hope the dutch delegation and AVTROTROS have some good contacts to other delegations and broadcasters so they can raise some hell for the EBU during these next few hours. If they actually mean that this feels disproportionate than there's enough reason to make these next few hours a mess for the organisers and yes some teams should definitely heavily complain about the KAN-shenanigans that are/have been happening in malmo and through their broadcasts and coverage of this.

Our new head of delegation was Eurovision's head of contest from 2020 to 2023... he worked closely with every single delegation for years

giphy.gif

guys, ignore the zionists in here 

• Like 2

So they disqualified Joost but the Israeli delegation that's been harassing other contestants non stop is left unscathed. EBU is garbage and is destroying Eurovision.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

Spending all that money settling the lawsuit with SVT employee first

:gaycat7:

Edited by aadrl1

4 hours ago, zzmyth said:

If the Italian drama wouldn't have happened I feel like we would be talking about 5 or 6 countries battling. 

Now, obviously... All the efforts are gonna be, either go with the only one with options of winning over israel, so all the votes for Croatia. 

Or the other way around, go and vote Israel just for the heck of it. 

So... It's Croatia or death at this point 

At this point I don't see Netherlands coming back next year, even if Croatia or someone else wins but especially not if Israel wins.

And I think a couple of other countries will also withdraw from next year unless that clown Martin resigns from EBU

ezgif-2-feed8478a4.thumb.gif.7a9410b4a52

I knew this week would be a mess but I wasn't expecting it to get THIS messy :suburban:

God, I love the mess Eurovision brings every year. 

I'm so excited for tonight. 

ekNrZb9.gif

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mike_int said:

You guys are watching too much american tv shows.

Personally, if someone told me I shouldn't breathe near them or are calling on their entire nation to harass/insult me, I would start raising hell too.

Edited by Gwendolyn
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Gossip_Boy said:

So they disqualified Joost but the Israeli delegation that's been harassing other contestants non stop is left unscathed. EBU is garbage and is destroying Eurovision.

Exactly!

giphy.gif 

Regardless of what happened I do feel really bad for Joost.. isn't this song about honoring his late parents and the trauma of them dying or something? Can't be easy for him now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.