China debuts official brownface TikTok video

truthteller

"The video - by a popular influencer - had been shared by an official account under the Ministry of Public Security (MPS) to promote road safety.

It follows other racism controversies in China, where brownface and similar concepts are unfamiliar to many.

Brownface - like blackface - involves people painting their faces darker, and is condemned in much of the world as a racist caricature.

The video was created by Hao Ge Ge, an influencer with a big following on Douyin, the country's domestic version of TikTok. It has been liked more than 1.2 million times on the short video platform.

It features men in brownface wearing turbans, as well as several women in what appear to be south or central Asian costumes."

Edited by truthteller

Wow, that user went out of their way to be racist, and it was reposted by a government official. There should be an apology issued, but I doubt there will be considering the CCP doubles down against any criticism + they hate India. Very inch resting!

Why do they need to be in blackface to promote road safety? :coffee:

This isn't a surprise

European countries are even more notorious doing blackface/brownface & yellow face 

43 minutes ago, Delirious said:

This isn't a surprise

European countries are even more notorious doing blackface/brownface & yellow face 

Yes, in Spain it's perfectly normal. Only young folks who keep up with American culture find it offensive.

2 hours ago, Bonicap said:

Yes, in Spain it's perfectly normal. Only young folks who keep up with American culture find it offensive.

You exposing yourself as racist?

27 minutes ago, Timber said:

You exposing yourself as racist?

What? Do you know how to read?

3 hours ago, Bonicap said:

What? Do you know how to read?

My bad, I took the sentence by face value and didn't think that because you're on atrl you consider yourself as part of the young folk. Idk, some people here are questionable. 

1 minute ago, Timber said:

My bad, I took the sentence by face value and didn't think that because you're on atrl you consider yourself as part of the young folk. Idk, some people here are questionable. 

Don't worry, english is not my first language so maybe the wording sounds weird if you are native.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.