• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

33 minutes ago, JBB said:

Bet you can't wait-ait-ait 

Hands all on me-me-me

Hot like chi-lli-lli 

Thx for ignoring me…

I'm very much getting X 2.0 vibes from this era, which would be a f*cking dream but I don't want to somehow jinx it lol :jonny4:

2 hours ago, JoeAg said:

I'm very much getting X 2.0 vibes from this era, which would be a f*cking dream but I don't want to somehow jinx it lol :jonny4:

My favorite album. I need it!

3 hours ago, Right Now said:

My favorite album. I need it!

same! :heart: first album that got me into her about 6 months ago, and i've been hooked on her incredible discography ever since

the drum snippets sound so good, why would she not finish and release it :deadbanana4: i totally agree about 10 out of 10, it's an okay song but very forgettable 

9 hours ago, JoeAg said:

i hope not, her worst album by far

Just now, DonnaSpring said:

i hope not, her worst album by far

oh really? what's your fav

2 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

oh really? what's your fav

Impossible Princess , Light Years and Rhthym Of Love 

I also LOVE disco: Guest List edition , only one skip for me (Say somthing)

Also really been getting into Lets Get to it recently 

Edited by DonnaSpring

1 minute ago, DonnaSpring said:

Impossible Princess , Light Years and Rhthym Of Love 

I also LOVE disco: Guest List edition , only one skip for me (Say somthing)

Also really been getting into Lets Get to it recently 

yo I gave Let's Get to It my first listen the other day! Right Here, Right Now is pop perfection, almost on Step Back in Time's level for me :heart2:

so Impossible Princess was the first Kylie album I listened to, and then came X (this happened in January for me) and Impossible Princess unfortunately did not click (other than the stunning Cowboy Style and Through the Years) but I'm gonna give it a relisten this coming week for sure

X is just... magnificent for me. it has every pop style from the 2000s I adore, and so many of the songs sound like pop classics! I DEFINITELY agree with the common critique that it's all over the place, but to me it plays like a greatest hits collection. it's gotta be my fav as someone who recently issued a stan card. BUT! Rhythm of Love, KM94, Body Language and Fever are also fantastic. and I can feel Body Language rising with every listen

I'm gonna give Impossible Princess another listen this week and report back either in here or the Kylie base

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeAg said:

I'm gonna give Impossible Princess another listen this week and report back either in here or the Kylie base

Impossible Princess took MANY tries for me but when it hits, it HITS. Taste @ recognizing Cowboy Style though :clap3:

• Like 1

impossible princess has some of my fav kylie songs

Too Far

Did It Again

Breathe

Limbo

Dreams

and so many more. a masterpiece.

the thing about IP for me is that it's so far removed from what you expect from Kylie it's difficult to get into it until you're very familiar with her catalogue and see it for what it is an open book about her life at the time. The anxiety on Say Hey and Too Far alone :jonny3:but it really is an outlier of an album for her.

That said, lemme post an album ranking to pretend like we're on topic

1. Light Years
  2. Golden
  3. Impossible Princess
  4. X
  5. Aphrodite
  6. Kylie
  7. Disco
  8. Rhythm Of Love
  9. Fever
  10. Body Language
  11. Kiss Me Once
  12. Kylie Minogue
  13. Let's Get To It
  14. Enjoy Yourself

On 6/11/2023 at 8:31 AM, JoeAg said:

This is like X 2.0 had Like a Drug been the lead instead of 2 Hearts.

• Like 1

Impossible princess is a masterpiece but it's definitely not an immediate listen of you got into Kylie during her 00's run, like most of us. 

I'd say her run of IP, Light Years and Fever is probably her best album wise, where almost each song adds something to the whole. From body language on there's always been standouts and terrific pop, but also filler. I'd say starting with Golden she really cared about the album package as a whole again.

Edited by Haze

the fact IP is her best album is because it's a grower, you're exploring. even after a decade i still find sth new in the songs, you can hear she poured her soul into it. i listen to dreams almost daily still :skull: cowboy style, did it again, bliss, breathe, this girl, i don't need anyone... it's a kylie record upside down, sth unexpected for her and that's why it's so beloved.

I’ve been listening to Impossible Princess for years. I’ve always liked it, but it wasn’t until recently when it really clicked for me. It really is an amazing album, but for me I need to be in a certain mood to listen to most of it. Songs like Tears, Cowboy Style and Did It Again I can listen to whenever, but I need to be in a contemplative mood to want to listen to something like Love Takes Over Me or Too Far. 

I love X because it’s such a perfect time capsule of its era. It perfectly captures that transitional period from when pop was changing into more of an electro sound while still retaining some pure pop qualities. It reminds me a lot of Sophie’s Trip The Light Fantastic. 

IMO her self titled album is quite underrated. I’d say I even prefer it too Impossible Princess. 

When the tour will be Tension+BL+Fever+X+Aphrodite only then what? :jonny: :jonny: :jonny: 

also she needs to make title track the second single for August :jonny: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the70s said:

IMO her self titled album is quite underrated. I’d say I even prefer it too Impossible Princess. 

Here is the tea, but both are back to back masterpieces and her best albums

• Like 1

I think I'd rank Kylie's album in this order. Tension could genuinely end up being part of my Top 3 based on its snippets :flame:

1. Aphrodite
  2. Fever
  3. Kylie
  4. Light Years
  5. Kiss Me Once
  6. X
  7. Body Language
  8. Enjoy Yourself
  9. Disco
  10. Rhythm Of Love
  11. Impossible Princess
  12. Golden
  13. Let's Get To It
  14. Kylie Minogue

Her album would be push forward. September is far away with all the hype she has now.

1 minute ago, Power love said:

Her album would be push forward. September is far away with all the hype she has now.

A july release would be perfect tbh.