Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

Literally the waste of the potential this era had .... 

• Like 2

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

Not ready for this era to be over. I want another single!

• Like 4

This era was so poorly managed, but I am glad we got a hit single and a Grammy from it x

• Thanks 3

Yeah I hope they scrap the repack and just drop a brand new album going a bit further into the direction of PP and Tension, it's clear that was the sound the masses people responded to

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The overall awareness around the album release and the push was almost non-existent. It really had nothing to do with the material as overall its strong.

I really need her next album to get the full promotional blitz and month long cross-continent shabang. Not just rely on podcast interviews.

• Like 3

Have any Kylie fans noticed that it seems Selena's singing style was heavily influenced by Kylie

It's heavily apparent in this songs prechorus and chorus

Edited by Saintlor
  • Confused 2

On 2/21/2024 at 5:18 AM, Saintlor said:

Have any Kylie fans noticed that it seems Selena's singing style was heavily influenced by Kylie

It's heavily apparent in this songs prechorus and chorus

maybe but godlie doesn't gasp for air during singing[I don't know how else to call it], it's effortless breathing and we don't hear that during singing/performing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The gays are stanning this masterpiece, a shame they are not pushing it the next single. 

Edited by Junlin
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Junlin said:

The gays are stanning this masterpiece, a shame they are not pushing it the next single. 

She keeps trying to make mid **** like Hold On To Now happen:gaycat7:

• Thumbs Down 2

9 minutes ago, Shoful said:

TWDFL is not mid at all  :tsk: or maybe I misunderstand you sis lol

But yeah, she needs to stop trying to make IBIY rehash every single era, it was good with ATL but that was enough, ITB and HOTN are beautiful tracks but not single material at this point, I wish she would have given TWDFL a chance of being a single instead of HOTN.

Edited by Romova99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Yes they wasted the playlist exposure on HOTN on album release week still bothering me, should’ve spent it on Tension or TWDFL. :snowball: And it ended up not having a music video either like Real Groovel :bibliahh:

Edited by Junlin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

HOTN and TWDFL are both the worst songs on the album... what she needs to do is release Running 

• Thumbs Down 8

The fact they're just gonna let "To Be In Love" ROT???? :weeps: 

• Like 1

This is getting quite popular on X so I wish it was the next single, but we'll probably get a new song from the reissue as the next single.

Edited by Elvenpath
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Burqa said:

HOTN and TWDFL are both the worst songs on the album... what she needs to do is release Running 

girl

spacer.png

• Haha 3

I’m loving all this TWDFL love. That song is the type of pure pop EUPHORIA that only Kylie ******* Minogue can deliver :jonny5:

• Like 3

On 2/14/2024 at 9:28 AM, Maroonx said:

This era was so poorly managed, but I am glad we got a hit single and a Grammy from it x

It’s so weird to me how the DISCO era was so much better and it happened during the pandemic :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

It’s so weird to me how the DISCO era was so much better and it happened during the pandemic :rip: 

I think it has to do [a wee bit] w the fact that the whole album and then SOMEEEEE leaked off and it angered her[she must know insiders can leak ish]

• Like 1

They truly wasted the potential of the album :skull:

She could've achieved at least a pair of cute hits other than Padam

• Like 1

Heavenly Body on streaming when?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Is anyone able to clarify if the Tension reissue is still going to happen, or has it been scrapped in favour of a new album?

I keep seeing conflicting info online. 

On 3/4/2024 at 8:28 PM, BraveNewSeth said:

I’m loving all this TWDFL love. That song is the type of pure pop EUPHORIA that only Kylie ******* Minogue can deliver :jonny5:

The way the extended version makes this song more tolerable by miles as the original is far too shrill. :dancehall:

Greenlight, One More Time and You Still Get Me High owning TWDFL in both formats though. :clap3:

1 hour ago, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

The way the extended version makes this song more tolerable by miles as the original is far too shrill. :dancehall:

Greenlight, One More Time and You Still Get Me High owning TWDFL in both formats though. :clap3:

Lol. See, I’m the complete opposite. The extended version of TWDFL completely ruins the song, the original keeps building up until it just explodes at the end. I feel like the extended loses it’s momentum. 

• Thanks 1

I hope the reissue is scrapped and she's full on new album mode. She keeps saying she's in the studio and working with new people, I think she knows it's time to strike. Besides a new album will move more copies than a reissue anyways

• Like 3

I loved this album so much but honestly I'd prefer a brand new album/era. All the focus would be on the new songs and the gems left in this album would keep collecting dust. It is still crazy we did not get a video for HOTN...

At least we got Drum and Heavenly Body but I listened to Running yesterday for the first time and omg what a banger :jonny5: I wanted to add it to my library but part of me wants to wait for an official release :clown:

• Like 3