Anyone here wearing glasses?

Bloodflowers.

I am getting my first glasses next week. I wonder if anyone on ATRL also wears them and what is the experience like?

I do. It's nothing out of the ordinary. You just wear them and go on with your day. If you're able to find a good frame that helps shape your face, even better. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

I hope you switch to contacts soon. JK, I'm wearing glasses at home and contacts when I'm out and about. I personally hate glasses, I don't feel comfortable with them and I'm using them for like idek 15 years or more. You'll get used to them eventually or you'll try contacts and fall in love with them just like I did.

Just now, Jimmey said:

I hope you switch to contacts soon. JK, I'm wearing glasses at home and contacts when I'm out and about. I personally hate glasses, I don't feel comfortable with them and I'm using them for like idek 15 years or more. You'll get used to them eventually or you'll try contacts and fall in love with them just like I did.

It's the opposite for me. I couldn't handle contacts and I love the way glasses make me even more handsome 

I do

When I first put them on I was SHOCKED because I could see everything clearly, I felt enlightened even 

and I got used to them very quickly

you will see frame at first while wearing them but then your brain will erase it

I don’t but I’ve accepted that I’ll need to at my next check up - it’s nothing to worry about though, my partner wears them on a daily basis and it’s never really mentioned. If you can spend a bit of money and time on a pair that works with your face and clothing choices. You’ll be wearing them a lot. If you can look for an opticians that provide a buy one get one free/discounted - I cannot stress how having a spare pair to hand at all times has saved the day. 

i am for reading and driving

planning to get laser eye surgery soon tho 

16 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I am getting my first glasses next week. I wonder if anyone on ATRL also wears them and what is the experience like?

The only time in the day i think "oh i wear glasses" It's the 30 seconds before i feel asleep and i have to take them off.

Also i don't know if in your country is different but in mine i would say like 5 adults of 10  wear glasses so really something no one notice like "It's strange" or you're different"  

My eyesight is absolutely awful, 70-year-old level, so I've been wearing glasses constantly since I was like 9. It's kinda weird at first but you get used to it quickly and you barely even notice they're on your face most of the time. I've had instances of trying to get them off before I shower without even realizing that I'd already taken them off a few minutes beforehand until I reach to grasp them and feel nothing on my face ddd.

41 minutes ago, Jimmey said:

I am kinda sorta looking forward to wearing glasses but I understand if you wear them for years, you would want to switch it up and not wear them anymore.

I bought some fancy glasses that are being made right now, but I kinda want to buy another pair that look more regular because I don't think wearing this cool glasses I bought will work when I go to the gym for example lmao but I like my choice and I will buy new clothes for the summer and see what fits best for me

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

You have to explain to people why you wear glasses instead of contacts.

i have never in my life been asked to do this

Only for driving. I can‘t see **** in the dark and even worse when it‘s raining.

I have glasses but prefer to wear contacts. My biggest advise would be to make sure you pick the right frame that you actually like and that feels comfortable because they will be sitting on your face for hours :monkey: I have yet to find a pair that doesn't give me a headache

35 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

Same, wearing glasses is literally the most normal thing ever

I forget I'm wearing them most of the time lol. I like them, they make me look a lil bit prettier, i think...

I have really bad eyesight so I wear them 24/7 otherwise everything is just a blurry blob, so I have no choice :dies:

They're not so bad and you get used to them to the point that they become a part of your face until you gotta sleep, although I'm guilty of falling asleep with them on sometimes so be careful lol

Only thing I'd say to be mindful of from personal experience is make sure you get frames that feel comfortable for long hours because the parts that sit on your ears can cause irritation. I had to switch to a different set of frames once because it started to cause cuts above my ears but once you get the right frames, you're all good and you forget they're even there :whistle2:

Edited by Subzero

Only when I drive.  I dont want to wear then all the time. Like yeah I can barely see the TV or anything far away but I feel my eyes got worst the more I wore them :laugh:

So yep sticking to only when driving 

Wearing glasses makes some people look better, even smarter. You’ll find them annoying for like a week or two, then you’ll get used to them 

3 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

3 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Same, wearing glasses is literally the most normal thing ever

Good for you? I have been asked multiple times. Not sure why because it is a stupid question. 

Nerd 

I've been wearing glasses for nearly 20 years.

i got laser eye surgery and it was life changing tbh!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.