Coi Leray: "The music industry is oversaturated, everybody is a star"

Alex

But how much of them got tik tok hits such as Not Your Barbie Girl or Into Your Arms?

difficult-to-get-not-everybody-has-that.

There’s actually a lack of stars, but a huge over-saturation of b-listers 

On the one had we have mega stars who are untouchable at this point like Beyoncé, Taylor, Gaga, and Rihanna (who doesn’t even release) and know it so hardly release 

And on the other hand we have the new girls who don’t quite make it all the way, like Bille, Cardi and Olivia

Doja and Dua could make it (the latter less likely), but their next record will really make or break 

9 minutes ago, DiamondHoe said:

There’s actually a lack of stars, but a huge over-saturation of b-listers 

On the one had we have mega stars who are untouchable at this point like Beyoncé, Taylor, Gaga, and Rihanna (who doesn’t even release) and know it so hardly release 

And on the other hand we have the new girls who don’t quite make it all the way, like Bille, Cardi and Olivia

Doja and Dua could make it (the latter less likely), but their next record will really make or break 

So why not for Olivia too?.

its oversaturated with copy-pasted music yeah, not with stars, actually it's the opossite. We have very few active music stars left actually who are doing more than just touring/dropping albums 

2 hours ago, Reginald said:

It's a mid-off: a lot of people who lack star power/talent but have high follower counts on social media. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Stacy Jensen said:

spacer.png

To be fair, Ava Max only has 3 Million followers on Instagram

16 minutes ago, Stacy Jensen said:

spacer.png

:bibliahh: Wow, what a clever and original joke that no one has ever seen before. At least she's talented. If you're offended by OP's post or my comment then that's a you problem, not mine 

Nobody knows who the hell this is and they have the nerve to say that? Sis needs to shut up, she's serving out of touch Jennifer Aniston talk

This is like Bia talking about how charisma is the one quality you need to succeed 

I wouldn't say everyone is a star, but I do feel like the industry is over saturated with very few actually standing out.

What a stupid thing to say.

It's easier than ever to listen to what you want to listen to and that's great. People have very different tastes.

Thankfully the entry barriers are way lower than they used to be

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.