Updated: Trump found guilty in civil court of sexual abuse against E. Jean Carroll

Bears01

8 hours ago, Espresso said:

It's a civil trial. Have you bothered following this case or even cared to look it up before commenting?

There's no need to be condescending, watch your attitude. I was not aware what a civil trial is. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Bears01

• FameFatale

• FightForTanas

3 hours ago, Espresso said:

In a GOP primary? Sure. That doesn't matter anyways. That's literally 25% of the voting population and probably around 10% of the entire country, at the most. 

Anywhere else? Absolutely not. People keep saying this, yet there's never anything to back it up. Can't keep clinging to an election from 7 years ago when we've had multiple elections since then that tell a different story. 

11 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

In a GOP primary? Sure. That doesn't matter anyways. That's literally 25% of the voting population and probably around 10% of the entire country, at the most. 

Anywhere else? Absolutely not. People keep saying this, yet there's never anything to back it up. Can't keep clinging to an election from 7 years ago when we've had multiple elections since then that tell a different story. 

Biden is insanely beatable. Like, literally one of the most beatable incumbents ever…..but trump is so toxic to suburban voters, and suburban voters will decide the election unless minority turnout plummets to the pits of hell. 

4 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Biden is insanely beatable. Like, literally one of the most beatable incumbents ever…..but trump is so toxic to suburban voters, and suburban voters will decide the election unless minority turnout plummets to the pits of hell. 

Biden was only elected to get rid of Trump and would easily be beaten if the GOP ran a traditional candidate, no doubt about it. However, neither DeSantis nor Trump are going to flip WI, MI, and PA. The Supreme Court made sure that wouldn't happen. Again, what happened 7 years ago is not relevant today. 

1 minute ago, Mike91 said:

Biden was only elected to get rid of Trump and would easily be beaten if the GOP ran a traditional candidate, no doubt about it. However, neither DeSantis nor Trump are going to flip WI, MI, and PA. The Supreme Court made sure that wouldn't happen. Again, what happened 7 years ago is not relevant today. 

Yeah, that ABC/Washington post poll from Sunday had everyone in a tiffy, but state polling shows such a different story. Like NV for example, it’s historically hard to poll, but there’s 1 source out there that does it and usually nails it, and it has Biden beating Trump by 8. Granted it’s still too early to say, and I doubt this is the final result, but still If Biden beats trump by 8 in NV, he’s not losing Arizona, let alone MI and PA and probably not WI: 

12 hours ago, Espresso said:

You think I don't know this? The bar's non-existent at this point. Thousands of men AREN'T in prison for sexual abuse as well. 

Thousands of men arent running for president of the United states. :skull: I understand that his cult following might not care but there is no way that this doesnt hurt him with independents, especially women. 

4 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

Thousands of men arent running for president of the United states. :skull: I understand that his cult following might not care but there is no way that this doesnt hurt him with independents, especially women. 

It's a jump ball anyway since independents also hate Joe Biden and view both parties as the same corrupt duopoly. Fact is, the jury will be downplayed as "a bunch of New York liberals going after Trump in a witch hunt," which is the same playbook they'll use for the Fani Willis case in Atlanta.

This will ultimately amount to no changes in voting patterns whatsoever. People already have their minds made up. And currently Trump is polling ahead of Joe Biden by 7 points according to The Washington Post, which is NOT a conservative-biased pollster :skull: 

Edited by ClashAndBurn

8 hours ago, Mike91 said:

Can't keep clinging to an election from 7 years ago when we've had multiple elections since

Including one that Trump almost won? :deadbanana4:

I think this is the issue where partisans and non-partisans keep butting heads on, where partisans keep taking a declaration of how weak Democrats are as some kind of endorsement of Trump and the GOP as strong, but such is just partisans having a reactionary and emotional response to what are just factual observations.

Because part of that weakness being observed in Dems is constant failure to pass legislation that improves lives - when Dems tell people that they'd like to do x, y and z *but their hands are tied* - and so non-partisans understand this to be corruption in the way partisans largely can't because they think most Dems are good people.

I don't think many think Trump's constant corruption being exposed helps him, but I also think a race to the bottom helps no one, and to where the DNC's end goal of hoping Trump becomes so **** that it erases Biden **** vs just doing things to improve voters' lives. 

Partisans think criticisms of Dems are endorsements for Trump to win but we're literally angry Biden is quietly losing.

9 hours ago, Sombre said:

There's no need to be condescending, watch your attitude. I was not aware what a civil trial is. 

There's been posts reported in the past by mods on not knowing the background of a celebrity and asking who they are on the first page as opposed to taking the time to look up the information which I initially equated it to but I apologize. 

17 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

It's a jump ball anyway since independents also hate Joe Biden and view both parties as the same corrupt duopoly. Fact is, the jury will be downplayed as "a bunch of New York Im liberals going after Trump in a witch hunt," which is the same playbook they'll use for the Fani Willis case in Atlanta.

This will ultimately amount to no changes in voting patterns whatsoever. People already have their minds made up. And currently Trump is polling ahead of Joe Biden by 7 points according to The Washington Post, which is NOT a conservative-biased pollster :skull: 

You have no idea how people are going to vote. :skull:  I can guarantee they are going to hammer him with this if he wins the nomination. Its just another thing that will make suburban and educated women stay away from him in the general election. :clap3: 

24 minutes ago, Espresso said:

@Bears01 Time to update the OP and thread title :skull: 

Thank you dear 

• 3 weeks later...

@Bears01 :clap3: 

E. Jean Carroll will now be able to include the comments Trump made last month at a CNN town hall—which echoed comments a federal jury found to be defamatory just a day earlier.

The Daily Beast

Trump goes back for the SECOND defamation trial by E. Jean Carroll in January 2024 :deadbanana4:

The legal woes of Donald Trump continue to grow: a federal judge has set a date for a second defamation trial brought by E Jean Carroll, who last month won a $5 million jury verdict against the former president for sexual abuse and defamation.

With the $10 million defamation trial set to begin on 15 January 2024, there’s a chance that Trump may have to defend himself in three trials early next year as he seeks the 2024 Republican presidential nomination. The Guardian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.