Aug 19 – London, UK @ Field Day Festival

Aug 20 – Biddinghuizen, NL @ Lowlands Festival

Aug 24 - Tokyo, JP @ Kanda Square Hall

Aug 27 - Melbourne, AU @ Now Or Never Festival

Aug 31 - Auckland, NZ @ Powerstation Aotearoa 

TICKETS

https://www.kelela.co

Edited by campelo

Negatron here: I’ve seen her live twice and she’s really good at clinging on to her mic for dear life. Won’t bother seeing her live, really hope she brushes up on her performing skills cuz from what I’ve seen she has a hard time on stage. 

colorado when?? 🥺

2 hours ago, Shinseito said:

Negatron here: I’ve seen her live twice and she’s really good at clinging on to her mic for dear life. Won’t bother seeing her live, really hope she brushes up on her performing skills cuz from what I’ve seen she has a hard time on stage. 

Her voice and vocal style I like when she's prepared and rested, but her set-up of just the production and her mic with no other instrumentation or dancers is a deliberate decision she needs to match vocally and currently isn't consistently. I'd have to agree.

Touring clearly takes a toll as she's admitted in the past so she probably needs to adjust her expectations.

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Her voice and vocal style I like when she's prepared and rested, but her set-up of just the production and her mic with no other instrumentation or dancers is a deliberate decision she needs to match vocally and currently isn't consistently. I'd have to agree.

Touring clearly takes a toll as she's admitted in the past so she probably needs to adjust her expectations.

The setlist was also not quite exciting, she performing only 14 songs makes a bit disappointing :dancehall2: 

Not all this negativity about her performance skills  :rip:

Glad I'm seeing her at a festival and can wash away any dissapointment with more exciting acts

Can’t wait to see her at Primavera Sound Barcelona. :duca: 

I saw her last set didn’t include her best song, LMK, she better add it for the festivals cause if she doesn’t I’ll riot.

Oh so she just NOT going to come to Philly? 

BALD C*NT! 

NextPossibleFrog-size_restricted.gif

excited for this but the setlist is a MESS, i hope she changes it for the second leg bc how is she only doing waitin and bluff from TMA :rip: not even LMK

I saw Kelela in Chicago and it was an absolute dream come true.

She owned the stage, the energy of the crowd was electric, and the set list was made for diehard fans. 

It was one the best shows I’ve ever been to. 

She was absolute fire in Toronto! 

The stripped-back production worked in large part because the crowd was OOC hyped for her. The vocals were on point, as well.

I think crowd-energy plays the biggest hand in this type of a show for sure.

Saw her in London too and she was amazing. Mic was ON! and she served amazing vocals and stage presence. 

I wasn't sure what to expect beforehand, especially with the low tempo songs on Raven, but a lot of those songs were remixed with more upbeat breakdowns. 

I don't get the criticism of her "not performing" when she has never been a performer type of act. Just serve vocals and stage presence, on top of a very dedicated audience = quality show.

Really considering seeing her again in Manchester too :WAP:

On 5/8/2023 at 2:10 PM, K$Ellie said:

excited for this but the setlist is a MESS, i hope she changes it for the second leg bc how is she only doing waitin and bluff from TMA :rip: not even LMK

or Frontline :rip: 

• 5 weeks later...

New dates added

Aug 24 - Tokyo, JP @ Kanda Square Hall

Aug 27 - Melbourne, AU @ Now Or Never Festival

Aug 31 - Auckland, NZ @ Powerstation Aotearoa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.