Drag Race México | Season 2 | Good Afternoon Mexico

ReH2o

• ATRL Moderator

As much as I wanna complain abt Christian payola she easily was top1 last week.  So her and Regina switching wins is something that I can accept.  

Rusical was horrible though, but at least we got our first good lip sync!  

• Like 1

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaye

• Chamoy

• Bimbo

• Hephaestus

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
On 7/10/2023 at 10:11 PM, Relampago. said:

I’m waiting for AS8 to finish before hopping over to this but it seems like the reception is.. bad? Really disappointing cause I thought a DRM would be a slay but alas. 

Maybe it’ll improve as the season continues?

It’s… underwhelming.  I can’t really pinpoint it.  There’s nothing that’s atrocious but there’s not many factors that WOW me.  It’s watchable for sure. 

the judging is a little sus but there’s been worse across intl franchises.  

Not Regina getting the Jan treatment :skull:

Just crown Cristian and wrap this thing up, it's clear they only have eyes for her :toofunny3:

• Like 1

Watching now, stanning Matraka

seeing “Cristian payola” everywhere in this thread tho is telling me this season is about to be a boot huh :toofunny2: I swear if she wins this first episode for that ugly ass reveal….

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Rigalo said:

seeing “Cristian payola” everywhere in this thread tho is telling me this season is about to be a boot huh :toofunny2: I swear if she wins this first episode for that ugly ass reveal….

:skull: ok the reveal itself was very well done you have to admit.  The looks themselves were just fine though in my personal opinion.  

6 hours ago, Rigalo said:

I don't think the season is a boot I just feel like we're off to a slow start and it seems like every episode its getting better. 

i see no lies, drmx has failed, they needed to do what drag race Spain did!

2 hours ago, Iceland said:

it was the same production team :rip:

I can not stand Lolita as a judge, I hate the way she talks and I don't understand her grand dame persona. It's crazy that she seemed more natural and lovable talking in French.

EP4 Finally a good episode :clap3:

True DRSpain S1 was superior :coffee2:

I don’t understand what they see in Christian :huh:

• Like 1

Valentina looked ******* PERFECT in and out of drag omg :jonny4:

Nice episode, top notch guest judge :heart:

This was indeed a better episode than the previous ones, I actually enjoyed it :heart2: 

I actually thought the judging was perfect too!

Gala and Matraka were both amazing in the challenge and on the runway, so I'm glad they finally both got a win; my two faves :heart2: 

Margaret ate the challenge too, but yeah, her outfit was a nice concept with pretty horrible execution.

The safes were deserved and I do think Kero not lipsyncing made sense.

It was Serena's time for sure. She wasn't terrible in the challenge, but that runway sealed her deal. As much as I don't care for Argennis (or Kero) they have slightly more to show. But I do hope they are the next two to leave :rip: 

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah this was an improvement.  Glad queens other than Regina and cristian got their time to shine.  I kinda feel bad for Serena because the challenge really could have been judged by groups with hers being the obv better one but I’d rather have Matraka and Gala get their flowers.  

good challenge.  Even the queens who flopped didn’t do horrible.  The song was a bop too.  

• ATRL Moderator

I also think Serena won the lip sync.  Argennis was doing way too much and was being a manic mess BUT I think the right queen stayed.  Plus Serena lost her LS against miss Vallarta so it evens out 

• Thumbs Down 1

Fantastic episode and killer looks. Val is starting to feel her main host fantasy and Lolita wasn't obnoxious.

Can I just say I was so elated to see Amor Prohibido by Selena as the lipsync? Legendary song :jonny5: The lipsync was also cute.

Serena was such a sweet soul,  albeit a bit of a filler queen. Her ending message was so inspirational.

Gala & Matraka turned it out this week,  albeit I was shook Lolita gave the decision to give Matraka the win as they didn't like her runway :rip:

And I was surprised that Regina & Christian weren't in the top. Smart in a way to not have every episode be so predictable as they'll be in the finale by this point already.

Edited by Hector

On 7/19/2023 at 10:08 AM, Iceland said:

Yes! I am not hating it per se but it could be so much better

Not Valentina telling the girls that were on top last week that being safe isn’t in fashion anymore :rip:

• Haha 1

Just finished watching the first episode. Omg Valentina is the worst host. All face but no talent. :deadbanana4: Y porque esta hablando en inglés en un programa Mexicano? :biblio: Ubícate! 
The ending made no sense. Both did horrible and both get to stay? :skull: 

The Morelia girl is hot out of drag :gaycat2:

I'm sorry but Gala did not belong in the top, let alone win, with her full untucked crotch out like that. Plus she failed a couple moves here and there and I didn't enjoy her verse in general that much. This should've been a solo Matraka win (hated that she was announced as a winner second) or a Meximamis group win because everyone slayed it.

I guess it was Serena's time to go, but this was probably the only time she didn't really belong in the bottom 2. Valentina was finally feeling her fantasy, enjoyed her a lot this episode.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

Just finished watching the first episode. Omg Valentina is the worst host. All face but no talent. :deadbanana4: Y porque esta hablando en inglés en un programa Mexicano? :biblio: Ubícate! 

She gets better at hosting by episode 5, she is starting to feel more at ease.

5 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

I'm sorry but Gala did not belong in the top, let alone win, with her full untucked crotch out like that. Plus she failed a couple moves here and there and I didn't enjoy her verse in general that much. This should've been a solo Matraka win (hated that she was announced as a winner second) or a Meximamis group win because everyone slayed it.

I agree. The way they announced Matraka's win left a sour taste in my mouth. Also, Gala is doing well but feels like the judges are pushing for her

11 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

She gets better as the episodes go on. Also I feel like spanglish is normal in everyday out with your friends mexican culture lol.

29 minutes ago, Jaye said:

She gets better as the episodes go on. Also I feel like spanglish is normal in everyday out with your friends mexican culture lol.

It’s not normal. It’s actually classist.

Edited by Sergi91
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.