Drag Race México | Season 2 | Good Afternoon Mexico

ReH2o

2 hours ago, NumbSoul said:

I mean, I enjoyed the episode, I'm entertained, I like the production of the show itself, the girls are a cool bunch, but I'm still not fully feeling this...

I need to rant a bit about the judging:

Hide contents

Val and Lolita, as much as I love them, just feel very forced as hosts. Their critiques also kinda don't make sense. 

They said Lady Kero had the most iconic moment of the season and then made her safe? What? :skull: 

I mean, I personally feel they overpraised her, so I'm not mad, but it just made zero sense. 

It also feels like they have in mind who should be doing well and who shouldn't with the way they keep praising and putting in the bottom the same girls over and over. I guess that's the case for all DR seasons, but to me it never felt so obvious and in-your-face.

The stuff they said about Cristian (as much as I lived for her in the challenge) felt unprofessional - how do you already know she's such a 'professional' and will overshadow anyone? Shouldn't you be judging based on the competition? Feels like they already have their minds made up about certain people, but it's just week 3...

Everything regarding the judges/judging feels way too obvious and over-produced, but idk, maybe it's just me...

I feel like the way they're editing the critiques is what throws it off. Like how it was only Valentina critiquing outfits except like once or how everyone got like one line of critiques and then it moved on suddenly. I feel like we're not getting the full context which is what is making it so odd. 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaye

• Chamoy

• Bimbo

• Hephaestus

Top Posters In This Topic

Cristian overpraised again. Did great in the challenge but I hated her runway. Did not deserve to almost win. 

Well deserved win for Regina :clap3: And Serena did turn it out in the lipsync. Danna Paola was a fun judge.

Edited by Hector

Matraka should be getting a lot more recognition by the judges. Pixie as well

Regina's sketch was the most underproduced to me like did they have any cuts? It was weird

Lipsync

Capitulo 1 :noparty:

Capitulo 2 :ohwow:

Capitulo 3 :ryan2:

Another entertaining EP :clap3:but Vermelha's mouth moment was a lot :deadbanana:

Judging felt correct besides Matraka being safe again, guess Val took that crocodile comment too personally

Regina, Gala & Lady Kero were my personal top 3 runways; Lolita said the lipsyncs get better after this EP

Karime's guest judge next EP :duca: 

Come through putivuelta vocalist

MATRAKATRAKA.thumb.gif.fc3b7a94040f62049

2 hours ago, ZORBIT said:

Another entertaining EP :clap3:but Vermelha's mouth moment was a lot :deadbanana:

Judging felt correct besides Matraka being safe again, guess Val took that crocodile comment too personally

Regina, Gala & Lady Kero were my personal top 3 runways; Lolita said the lipsyncs get better after this EP

Karime's guest judge next EP :duca: 

Come through putivuelta vocalist

MATRAKATRAKA.thumb.gif.fc3b7a94040f62049

When I saw the challenge and then Karime being a guest judge next week I was quaking. I'm so ready lmao. 

Gala out of drag is making me feel a certain type of way :WAP:

Love Danna Paola! But I’m not feeling this season. Christian deserves the crown tho

The judges really don't like Vermelha omg :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, Sheegs said:

The judges really don't like Vermelha omg :deadbanana:

She's bad tbh. 

On 7/7/2023 at 1:20 AM, Iceland said:

Love Danna Paola! But I’m not feeling this season. Christian deserves the crown tho

It's ok for me but all the lipsyncs so far have been utter trash. :rip:

Edited by Disconnect

The embarrassing lip syncs, I can’t.
And poor Danna being a good sport about it. 

They need to eliminate both queens from now on if they don’t know the words/serve low energy.

I'm liking the season so far, in general.

But it's a stark contrast against España.

España is giving their version their own spin and that's very cool. This version feels like it's trying to be a carbon copy of the original. Gurl, tenemos mucha tela de donde cortar, usenla!

Matraka is my pick for winner but I fear she's getting lost in the background in the editing.

Rooting for Matraka but honestly I feel like once Serena Morena is gone we'll be done with the messy lip syncs tbh. 

honestly this season is really really disappointing

i’ve been looking forward to this franchise for years and it’s getting ate up by FR2 which wasn’t even on my radar bc i didn’t like the first season very much 

oh well, hopefully they fix things for S2, assuming it gets one 

Edited by Vagabond

On 7/7/2023 at 11:42 AM, Venom said:

They need to eliminate both queens from now on if they don’t know the words/serve low energy.

I'm down for this tbh.

Edited by Disconnect

3 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

honestly this season is really really disappointing

i’ve been looking forward to this franchise for years and it’s getting ate up by FR2 which wasn’t even on my radar bc i didn’t like the first season very much 

oh well, hopefully they fix things for S2, assuming it gets one 

I've seen worse regular US seasons than this one in particular but oh gawd, the lipsyncs are truly dreadful lmao, I think I could perform better lol although I've never worn heals for so long tbh hahaha.

I also think Valentina's broken Spanish is a little troubling but honestly props to her for trying.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Disconnect said:

I've seen worse regular US seasons than this one in particular but oh gawd, the lipsyncs are truly dreadful lmao, I think I could perform better lol although I've never worn heals for so long tbh hahaha.

I also think Valentina's broken Spanish is a little troubling but honestly props to her for trying.

oh yeah, don't get me wrong, this is still miles better than S13, for example, but I just feel like the hype was so high and it's somewhat disappointing in all aspects - the lipsyncs of course, but runways have been somewhat underwhelming, the cast doesn't seem to gel great together, I'm missing clear storylines to guide us through... idk it all feels a bit shoddily put together, which is a shame, because all the pieces feel like they should be there 

Not FADlentiNO stanning CIStian's pink and out of place make up as UNIQUE and REFRESHING after kicking out Miss Vallarta and trashing her pink and colorful make up for being "cartoonish", lying ass PUTA, the fraudulence, I can't...

:bibliahh:

This might be even worse than Canada's S1 judging, disgusting, Mexico deserved better.

Edited by GotMyBlueprint

5 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Not FADlentiNO stanning CIStian's pink and out of place make up as UNIQUE and REFRESHING after kicking out Miss Vallarta and trashing her pink and colorful make up for being "cartoonish", lying ass PUTA, the fraudulence, I can't...

Yeah, this was... Something :skull:

The Cristian payola is too much. We get it, she's a seasoned and well-rounded queen, but we don't need to see her in the top every week, especially when other queens are actually doing a great job.

To be honest, almost if not all non-Ru seasons have the wackiest critiques and placements because you can tell the hosts have no saying in what production thinks the competition should play out, it's so sad. Like, how can you say someone has the best look of the night and give the win to someone else? Make it make sense.

The lip syncs are dreadful, but hopefully they'll get better after the remaining duds are out. Patiently waiting for Gala and Matraka to lip sync at some point since they teased that they're both good at it in episode 1.

• Like 2

Matraka & Cristian tho my final 2 so far...Lowkey we know there's Regina Payola, but we will see...

What Cristian served WAS refreshing since Vallarta's skills only let her serve 4 different shades of what is supposed to be the same color, patchy appliances, bulky bodysuits and visible skin tone necklines in her entire stay :skull:

On 7/6/2023 at 3:08 AM, Blade Runner said:

Why can't mexicans dance? :mazen: Qué vergüenza para nosotros los latinos. 

11 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

The lip syncs are dreadful, but hopefully they'll get better after the remaining duds are out. Patiently waiting for Gala and Matraka to lip sync at some point since they teased that they're both good at it in episode 1.

I knew the lip syncs weren't going to be lip syncing as soon as I saw the cast. They made the same mistake as La Mas Draga of casting mostly "relatable" queens that appeal to Mexican Stan Twitter. I only see it for Gala, Matraka, Cristian, Regina and maybe Argennis in terms of lip sync potential. The local dancing divas from my state of Nuevo Leon would wipe the floor with most of these queens. Still think it's weird that they didn't cast any NL queens.

• Like 1

I’m waiting for AS8 to finish before hopping over to this but it seems like the reception is.. bad? Really disappointing cause I thought a DRM would be a slay but alas. 

Maybe it’ll improve as the season continues?

19 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I’m waiting for AS8 to finish before hopping over to this but it seems like the reception is.. bad? Really disappointing cause I thought a DRM would be a slay but alas. 

Maybe it’ll improve as the season continues?

It's not that bad but La Mas Draga stans are basically doing smear campaigns after every episode :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.