Drag Race México | Season 2 | Good Afternoon Mexico

ReH2o

13 minutes ago, Melquiades said:

I disagree. Get rid of Lolita she's cringe and her outfits are :rip: It should have been Ricky Lips and Valentina, Lolita has nothing to do there I am sorry. 

I'm sorry but if there's anyone actually qualified to host Drag Race Mexico between Lolita and Valentina, it'd be the former. Valentina might have Mexican roots, but Lolita was literally born and raised in Mexico.

I also don't understand where the criticism about Lolita's looks come from, I genuinely thought she looked better than Valentina half of the times. I know for a fact she's worked with the same designer as Nicky Doll (among the others), so it's not like she has saved money on looks.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaye

• Chamoy

• Bimbo

• Hephaestus

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I'm sorry but if there's anyone actually qualified to host Drag Race Mexico between Lolita and Valentina, it'd be the former. Valentina might have Mexican roots, but Lolita was literally born and raised in Mexico.

I also don't understand where the criticism about Lolita's looks come from, I genuinely thought she looked better than Valentina half of the times. I know for a fact she's worked with the same designer as Nicky Doll (among the others), so it's not like she has saved money on looks.

Okay now I know you are not being serious :rip: Not you comparing the 12 quinceañera dresses Lolita wore with the absolute excellence of Valentina's well defined aesthetic. 

And people used that xenophobic argument before against Valentina but it does not make much sense anymore considering the hosting performance of both. Ricky should have be the one next to Val as it was originally planned. 

• Thumbs Down 1

51 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I also don't understand where the criticism about Lolita's looks come from, I genuinely thought she looked better than Valentina half of the times.

Now come on now ksdfhjhg

7 minutes ago, Melquiades said:

Okay now I know you are not being serious :rip: Not you comparing the 12 quinceañera dresses Lolita wore with the absolute excellence of Valentina's well defined aesthetic. 

And people used that xenophobic argument before against Valentina but it does not make much sense anymore considering the hosting performance of both. Ricky should have be the one next to Val as it was originally planned. 

Just now, Bimbo said:

Now come on now ksdfhjhg

I said what I said, I actually enjoyed Lolita's looks (and hosting style too). It's true that Valentina's aesthetic is more refined, but saying that Lolita wore 12 quinceañera dresses is :skull:

Also xenophobic where? I said that Lolita is more qualified to judge Mexican drag than Valentina, not that Valentina shouldn't judge at all, there's a difference. That being said, I agree that production should choose someone who's a true drag icon in their country instead of queens who've been on the show, but that's a different argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• ATRL Moderator

The problem w Lolita’s looks is all on her makeup artist not the actual garments.  

Congrats to the winner!

She might not have been my fave, but I do think in the end, she deserved it!

Ready to see Matraka (and Gala Varo) on AS :heart2: 

Honestly, the finale was fine. 

The number seemed cute, but the editing was crazy, so it was hard to really tell what happened.

Matraka / Gala / Vermelha / Pixie had the best looks for sure :smitten: Serena and Argennis on the other hand... :biblio:

The final lipsync was a bit crazy. Wtf was Matraka doing? She got totally lost. The other three all did cute. Cristian pulled out the most stops I guess.

Well, let's see how S2 goes, but this was a perfectly cute season with a couple truly show-stopping queens!

1 hour ago, NumbSoul said:

Also, is the reunion worth watching?

There's so much Drag Race out now that I've become overwhelmed and skipped it for now :rip: 

Definitely not. It’s basically a recap of the season + Miss Congeniality.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

They better keep Lolita for S2 or get rid of the entire judging panel and start over because there's no way in hell Valentina can carry this whole show by herself. Oscar is fine but I wouldn't mind him getting replaced with someone else, his judging has been a little inconsistent this season.

Lolita needs to be replaced. All she does is serve contestant-level looks, cry, and compare everyone to Drag Race US queens. Valentina needs to really focus on perfecting her Spanish because if we can get to a place where she can articulate herself as well as she does in English her personality will finally shine through and she won't sound so forced. Once she does that she'll be fine solo, but until then we need someone to balance her out. 

8 hours ago, Bimbo said:

He ABSOLUTELY must go, literally a void of charisma and his critiques are tidbits of NOTHING :mazen:

Anyway, congrats to a very deserving winner :clap3: only her and Regina served in the lipsync if we're being honest. Gala was a bit off and Matraka fell flat once again.

Oscar is dry as hell. Give us Rebelgay Christian as a judge, Wendy, Karime, or honestly anybody.

8 hours ago, Melquiades said:

I disagree. Get rid of Lolita she's cringe and her outfits are :rip: It should have been Ricky Lips and Valentina, Lolita has nothing to do there I am sorry. 

And Oscar is a void of charisma, yes.

All of this. At the very least give Lolita a budget for a better glam squad because my god they're horrible. If you have 2 hosts you cannot have Valentina outshining her by THAT much in the looks department.

I will say say, based on what the contestants said on and off the show, Val & Lolita were really helpful and good coaches so in that regard they did a good job, but they just need to polish their act. 

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

That's not a valid reason. Especially when you consider Valentina has actually spent more time actually working in Mexico the past couple of years and as far as the Mexican entertainment industry, Valentina has done a lot more so let's be for real. 

& Secondly, no shade at all but in the words of Trinity, "get you a taste" because this is categorically false. 

1 hour ago, NumbSoul said:

Congrats to the winner!

She might not have been my fave, but I do think in the end, she deserved it!

Ready to see Matraka (and Gala Varo) on AS :heart2: 

Honestly, the finale was fine. 

The number seemed cute, but the editing was crazy, so it was hard to really tell what happened.

Matraka / Gala / Vermelha / Pixie had the best looks for sure :smitten: Serena and Argennis on the other hand... :biblio:

The final lipsync was a bit crazy. Wtf was Matraka doing? She got totally lost. The other three all did cute. Cristian pulled out the most stops I guess.

Well, let's see how S2 goes, but this was a perfectly cute season with a couple truly show-stopping queens!

My sentiments exactly. Christian deserved it at the end of the day, he's a powerhouse. Plus this just means Matraka on a Global All Stars or RPDR MX All Stars after season 3 airs.  :foxaylove2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If they keep with the two hosts thing regardless if Lolita or Valentina get fired, I hope they make their runway outfits compliment each other. There needs to be something tying them together rather than two random ass outfits side by side 

Meh winner for a meh season... I truly hope she develops an identity of her own outside of the show and proves she's a worthy winner. The fact that she had the same idea for her final look (generic wedding dress) as one of the other finalists pretty much says it all. The final lip sync song had a lot of potential, but there was so much going on for me to really appreciate it. This is where a F2 would've made more sense. 

Valentina interrupting the sobfest to sing :sadviolin: Queen of the Universe (Ballad Version) :sadviolin: is exactly why we need her permanently sat on the panel. I don't care how bad her Spanish is. Oscar definitely needs to go. The taste level is beneath the cement with him. I would just tell Lolita to tone it down a notch and maybe drop the Johnny Carmona-isms. A live finale would probably be asking for too much, huh.

28 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Lolita needs to be replaced. All she does is serve contestant-level looks, cry, and compare everyone to Drag Race US queens. Valentina needs to really focus on perfecting her Spanish because if we can get to a place where she can articulate herself as well as she does in English her personality will finally shine through and she won't sound so forced. Once she does that she'll be fine solo, but until then we need someone to balance her out. 

37 minutes ago, Jaye said:

That's not a valid reason. Especially when you consider Valentina has actually spent more time actually working in Mexico the past couple of years and as far as the Mexican entertainment industry, Valentina has done a lot more so let's be for real. 

& Secondly, no shade at all but in the words of Trinity, "get you a taste" because this is categorically false. 

Whew y'all really can't stand me enjoying Miss Banana it seems :deadbanana2:

The criticism I'm seeing for Lolita feels a bit unfair when, in my opinion, she did completely fine, more than fine actually for a first season. The outfits were actually nice, y'all would've gagged if she wore those as a contestant (and people already did when she competed in France S1 with a much smaller budget). She cried often, sure, but are we really blaming a host for actually caring about the contestants now? And c'mon now, she didn't compare queens more times than Valentina singing "queen of the universe" every time she spoke to Regina. The nitpicking is a bit much. Also, are we really gonna look over the fact that Lolita basically carried the first half of the season hosting-wise while Valentina was serving robot? No shade to the good sis because I actually enjoyed her too when she let loose.mp3, but let's call a spade a spade.

I'm sorry but I can't really take seriously people claiming that Valentina is more qualified to host the show than someone who was born and raised in Mexico. As if two years of working there are gonna fill the huge culture void of not actually living there basically her entire life (and barely spoke the language until a few years ago).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Is it worth watching this season? I have not followed this season at all, though I know the winner… I’m kind of fatigued from Drag Race so don’t want to watch really unless it’s crazy good.

also, can someone sum up why people dislike Lolita as a judge?

1 hour ago, Chamoy said:

Meh winner for a meh season... I truly hope she develops an identity of her own outside of the show and proves she's a worthy winner. The fact that she had the same idea for her final look (generic wedding dress) as one of the other finalists pretty much says it all. The final lip sync song had a lot of potential, but there was so much going on for me to really appreciate it. This is where a F2 would've made more sense. 

Valentina interrupting the sobfest to sing :sadviolin: Queen of the Universe (Ballad Version) :sadviolin: is exactly why we need her permanently sat on the panel. I don't care how bad her Spanish is. Oscar definitely needs to go. The taste level is beneath the cement with him. I would just tell Lolita to tone it down a notch and maybe drop the Johnny Carmona-isms. A live finale would probably be asking for too much, huh.

all I read was "looks looks looks" :isudumblmao:
This is not Instagram sweaty. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Melquiades said:

all I read was "looks looks looks" :isudumblmao:
This is not Instagram sweaty. 

Me mantendré firme en mis convicciones, reforzaré mis posiciones

ADrzVzq.gif

• Haha 2

Why are some of you complaining about Lolita's outfit as if RuPauls serves excellence and good taste all the time :skull:

Anyway, congrats to Cristian

I was hoping for Matraka tho

The way Cristian ate them up during the lip sync :clap3: 

Cristian & Valentina, the winners of the season :clap3: 

Cristian ended dem all in dat final lip sync

it was between her and Regina da other two couldn’t interpret da song like it deserved 

ugh el me mintió is dat b!tch 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Is it worth watching this season?

Just wait for 'All of Matraka's Runway Looks' to drop on Youtube and watch that

• Haha 2

I actually really enjoyed Lolita. She felt connected to the contestants and I loved how she cried all the time. 

Valentina’s in the looks alone>>>>>>>

but I’m glad Val was paired accordingly. They both complimented one another. I would like to see them host one more time. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ozlovezashlee said:

I actually really enjoyed Lolita. She felt connected to the contestants and I loved how she cried all the time. 

Valentina’s in the looks alone>>>>>>>

but I’m glad Val was paired accordingly. They both complimented one another. I would like to see them host one more time. 

Yup, maybe a second season would be better for both in the departments they're lacking.

Congrats to the winner! It was well deserved

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.