Drag Race México | Season 2 | Good Afternoon Mexico

ReH2o

Cristain ate dat up!!!!!

ugh this iconic song for da lip sync!!!!!

if there was ever. moment to take everything off it would be for this song. 

Edited by dabunique
  • Like 1

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaye

• Chamoy

• Bimbo

• Hephaestus

Top Posters In This Topic

its between Cristian & Matraka, and honestly id be happy with any of dem, as long as Regina doesn't win I'm good

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dabunique said:

Cristain ate dat up!!!!!

ugh this iconic song for da lip sync!!!!!

if there was ever. moment to take everything off it would be for this song. 

This was also used as a lip sync song on La Mas Dragona. Valentina's daughter, Regina Bronx, turned it out like the rent was due. One of the few decent lip syncs that have come out of that show. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Regina on a future season of DRMX. 

On 8/17/2023 at 12:06 PM, Jaye said:

Final 3 (Unless its non-elim and they do some LSFTC final 4), Reunion, and finale? 

I think there was rumors its supposed to be a live finale too RPDR US style. 

I just don't see it lmao they can barely edit this thing right, imagine the mess of a live finale 💀

Even though Gala has been one of my picks for the finale since MTQ came out, I do believe that Lady Kero are her up in this lipsync. But I'm fine with Gala staying.

FRAUDa Garo being given a free pass to the top 4 because they decided Garo, CIStian and Regina would be the top 3 early on is so nasty. Matraka better come through and snatch the win, but it's feeling a bit unlikely with this blatant favoritism :biblio:

Lady Kero deserved better, and I still stand by Argennis also beating Gala in their lipsync too.

Gala's looks are lowkey constantly busted too. Decent ideas, but awful craftsmanship.

• Thanks 1

Still Team MADREtraka ftw, but her Telenovela win should've been Regina's :emofish:

Been warming up to Regina in general tbh.

1 hour ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Still Team MADREtraka ftw, but her Telenovela win should've been Regina's :emofish:

Been warming up to Regina in general tbh.

Its her looks that have doomed her. 

• Like 1

Regina has been robbed a couple times but I do agree that her looks are never as good as others

Either Kero or Gala could have went home to that song but of course they went home Kero who they never saw it for (although idk why queens on any season that doing a character that goes over well in a bar full of drunk people is a smart thing to do for some sober mean judges :toofunny3:)

Gala looks like a queen that should slay a competition but she's just... not that girl. She should've gotten the boot here cause Kero ate her up in the lipsync AND the runway. Actually the best Kero's looked imo.

Anyway, for season 2 I trust the editing will be better since they won't have the do-over that happened this time, but production REALLY needs to kill it with the casting cause these girls are cute but they're not exciting. No one serves pure CVNT and we know there are mexican queens that do.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Anyway, for season 2 I trust the editing will be better since they won't have the do-over that happened this time

What do you mean with this?

Cristian isn't exciting to me at ALL but I've accepted he will win :michael:

I do think he fits the winner archetype the best but the obnoxious production push since episode 1 turned off a lot of people, me included.

There's a lot that should be fixed for season 2 and I hope they streamline it and don't interfere as much because I'm sure Mexico can deliver a lot better

23 hours ago, LOTF said:

What do you mean with this?

The original producer delivered a show that didn't meet the Drag Race standards and they got some DRES people to rework what was already shot into a more Drag Race-style edit. That's why his name doesn't appear in the credits at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bimbo said:

The original producer delivered a show that didn't meet the Drag Race standards and they got some DRES people to rework what was already shot into a more Drag Race-style edit. That's why his name doesn't appear in the credits at all.

OMG

I wasn't aware of this tea, thanks.

15 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Oh I didn't know this part. I thought it was the DRES people from the jump. No wonder it's all a bit choppy 

That was a pretty bleh episode.

The runway was cute, but the challenge was pretty mediocre.

That being said, I do think the right decisions were made.

Cristian and Regina were the strongest in the challenge, but Cristian also ate the runway, so the win was deserved.

From the judges critiques it sounded like Matraka was gonna be btm2, but despite being a Gala stan, I do think they picked the right btm2.

I can see why some ppl thought Kero won the lipsync and maybe I'm biased, but I prefered Gala. Kero's felt very standard, "I'm doing a ballad so let me act dramatic", so for me it fell flat. Gala was more interesting, brought a bit of a variety to the song, and she's just a stronger contender/has more to offer, so I'm happy she stayed.

Yeah, I guess it depends on how these last two weeks shake out, but it's between Cristian and Matraka. 

I stan Matraka, she has the popular vote AND a great track record, so I'm rooting for her, but I also wouldn't be devastated if Cristian won - she does deserve it.

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 8/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, Chamoy said:

Cristian winning with those tired sexual jokes and once again bringing up his wife... meh. If I wasn't already an OCH before, then I would be after hearing Oscar's speech about how it's him and Cristian versus the world or whatever. 

Oscar talking about how brave Cristian is.... for having a child in a heterosexual relationship? :gaycat7:

I’m sorry but at this point Mexico is just another international Drag Race franchise ruined by awful judging (aka production interference). Placements were all over the place all season long and so were wins/eliminations.

I don’t know what they’re seeing in Gala, but she definitely didn’t deserve to stay over Kero.

Kinda gagged that they switched producers though, I guess that justifies some of the messiness.

• Thanks 1

The way both Regina & Lolita were thirsting over Jorge and his cakes, wow :ahh:

Chile's excuse for not shaving the beard was... interesting but I do agree that it was very smart for Christian to plan that storyline because I'm sure she would have been bottom 2 without the storyline.

Chile really did look like Conchita Wurst on the runway :ahh: 

I liked Matraka & Maraca's ponchos, surprised the judges didn't as much. 

Gala's Venezuela looked exactly like her in drag,  she was smart.

And Matraka & Regina both bodied that lipsync, glad they both make it to the finale :clap3:

I knew Cristian was going to win the moment they mentioned him making the dress. :toofunny3: That and the fact that they turned his partner's refusal to shave into yet another pseudo-inspirational "all drag is valid" moment. Not gonna say Gala was robbed because girl f*ck her, but her makeover was the one that gave me the full Latina Miss fantasy. Matraka should've leaned more into the national costume idea. I still have a little bit of hope that all of the social media backlash will make them reconsider their pre-determined winner. Winner: Matraka, Runner-up: Cristian, 3rd place: Regina, 4th place: Gala 

• Like 1

Gala should’ve won that makeover. So tired of the Cristian favoritism. Just crown the ***** and let’s move on already.

Gala was robbed... 

There really was no reason to give Cristian the win imo, but oh well.

I do think the btm2 was correct though and Regina kinda did win the lipsync, but I'm glad they kept Matraka. Like Cristian said, I cannot imagine the finale without her.

I think at this point I'll be fine with Cristian winning. It seems obvious and they're really pushing for it.

Hopefully that means Matraka can go on some sort of AS season and slay there :heart2: 

• Like 2

Wins should've been:

Hometown Look: Cristian

Design: Argennis

Advert: Regina

Rusical: Regina

Girl Band: Matraka

Snatch Game: Cristian

Telenovela: Gala

Levi's Runway: Matraka

Roast: Cristian

Makeover: Gala

Cristian: 3 wins

Regina, Matraka & Gala: 2 wins

Argennis: 1 win

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.