• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaye

• Chamoy

• Bimbo

• Hephaestus

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I noticed P+ tends to go for fan favorites when it comes to crowning the winner on AS. Idk if this will extend to international shows as we don’t know yet but going off of the pattern for AS, I would say Matraka would have a very good chance of winning over Cristian. I guess we will have to see how the next few episodes go but I feel like Matraka is getting the right momentum now. 

Plus everyone is falling in love with her because of her cultural references more than anything and they're seeing it as a great representation of Mexican culture so bias aside she may be a good first winner for the franchise. She's catching the eye of the fandom, representing Mexican culture in her drag, has a great fashion sense which is causing the RuGirls of other franchises to take note, and is just killing challenges so she has more potential to elevate the DRMX brand than someone seasoned like Regina & Christian tbh. She's almost like another Valentina in a way if you really think about it. :gaycat5:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jaye said:

Plus everyone is falling in love with her because of her cultural references more than anything and they're seeing it as a great representation of Mexican culture so bias aside she may be a good first winner for the franchise. She's catching the eye of the fandom, representing Mexican culture in her drag, has a great fashion sense which is causing the RuGirls of other franchises to take note, and is just killing challenges so she has more potential to elevate the DRMX brand than someone seasoned like Regina & Christian tbh. She's almost like another Valentina in a way if you really think about it. :gaycat5:

And she has proven with her girl group challenge and this last lipsync that she is also a PERFORMER.

Let's see how well she does at comedy.

I fell in love with Matraka since episode 2 so I’m glad she’s dominating now. I NEVER saw what the judges see in Cristian though :swan:

• Like 2

On 8/10/2023 at 5:24 PM, Hector said:

That twist just to save Cristian from the bottom 2 :deadbanana4:

That said, Matraka had the best look and killed it in the lipsync. Another deserved win. Gala slayed on both fronts too.

Right! This was totally a cristian vs Regina bottom 2 and they didn’t want to send either of them home. Maybe they weren’t expecting Lady Karo to serve 

• Like 1

Matraka is such a f*cking star!!!

Much like Keiona in DRF S2, I feel like she would absolutely slay on an All-Stars (or potentially an AW) season so well!!!

• Like 2

i still feel like Christian will win just cause they seem to love her the most, kinda like a bimini Lawrence situation. Christian slayed the first half (ish) and Matraka slayed the second half (ish)

Cristian winning would be so underwhelming. The most talked about moments from this season have been about Matraka. Her girl group verse, her runways and now her lip sync win against Gala all did numbers on Twitter. The only other big moment has been Gala's reveal. 

The people's queen. :clap3:

• Like 2

The way they made that twist just to save Regina and Cristian cause they wanted them to be in the top 4 :rip: shameless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just finished episode 4 and I’ not really feeling half of the girls or the challenges. Does the season get better? :chick3:

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

I just finished episode 4 and I’ not really feeling half of the girls or the challenges. Does the season get better? :chick3:

I honestly think yes. I wasn’t really interested until like ep 5. And from there it’s been up imo 

8 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

I honestly think yes. I wasn’t really interested until like ep 5. And from there it’s been up imo 

I’ll take your word for it! The cast just feels so unbalanced I feel like. Only 3-5 queens really pop while the rest feel like fillers. And the only drama so far has been that one girl being called Christian’s lap dog

On 8/12/2023 at 9:37 PM, Chamoy said:

Also, someone's doing a Hot 100 to track the IG follower growth of 500+ drag queens.

Matraka's the first Mexican queen to reach Top 10 for 2 weeks straight.

Link to the account: https://www.instagram.com/dragxdata/

Nicki Doll’a picture being Bebe just SENT me :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Imo, no. I think your assessment is right that the cast feels very filler-heavy, and I don't think the challenges really improve. I feel like we've all known the top 3 since the first few eps, which makes it kind of boring to watch, but I'm hopeful that they'll pull an America/UK and have an amazing second season :coffee2:

First they robbed Regina from a few wins and now they wanna save her?? Make it make sense :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

Ugh this season has been so good. I’m so glad we are getting a season 2 :clap3:

• Like 1

Finally caught up with the season and it's mid so far. The judging really makes no sense.

Lady Kero is one of the worst queens to make Top 5. What does she do successfully? Quickly.

They could've totally justified putting her in the bottom 2 this week. Her makeup and wig were hideous.

The only good thing to come out of the last episode was the Pit Crew in that wrestling costume :jonny2:

And Matraka's lipsync of course.

Lowkey hoping Cristian wins so we can get more Matraka excellence on GAS/VTW :duca:

• Thumbs Down 1

Caught up on the last two episodes and as someone who stans Matraka (and Gala), those were pleasant wins for me :clap3: 

Now, to be fair, that win two weeks ago was a bit of a mess... Clearly should've gone to Regina, but oh well.

The design challenge though was really strong and the Top2 + the lipsync winner were correct!

A little sad about Margaret, I really liked her and would've preferred to see more of her compared to Lady Kero, but I do think it was deserved!

Lady Kero finally out! Can’t believe there’s still 3 episodes left :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Lady Kero finally out! Can’t believe there’s still 3 episodes left :deadbanana2:

Final 3 (Unless its non-elim and they do some LSFTC final 4), Reunion, and finale? 

I think there was rumors its supposed to be a live finale too RPDR US style. 

• Haha 1

Matraka's runway saved this episode from being completely skippable. No one was funny in that stand up. Regina and Matraka had the best ideas, imo, but their delivery wasn't the best. Cristian winning with those tired sexual jokes and once again bringing up his wife... meh. If I wasn't already an OCH before, then I would be after hearing Oscar's speech about how it's him and Cristian versus the world or whatever. 

Aguante Matraka! :jonny:

• Thanks 1

This was actually the first week I agreed with Cristian winning. An honest & funny stand-up (the punchline with pansexual going to pan was funny 😁) and the runway was good too. No one else had a stand up as funny. 

The lipsync was pretty even but glad Gala got to make it to the final 4.

The editing and the way producers try to justify certain placements has been so weird this season. Not even US Drag Race is this obvious. 

That being said, I do like this season overall but production needs to step it up. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.