Drag Race México | Season 2 | Good Afternoon Mexico

ReH2o

I have grown to love Lady Kero, she's so likeable but I think she's out next week.

This is the first lipsync where the lips actually synced to the song lmao 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaye

• Chamoy

• Bimbo

• Hephaestus

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Hmm the judging this episode was hella weird tbh

Lowkey this. Like they wanted to knock everybody off a high horse since we're getting towards the final.

31 minutes ago, Velvet said:

I find that all international seasons have such weird judging :rip:

I think its because they make all the hosts try to be some version of RuPaul and copy his -isms and it can come off very forced at times. Like Valentina is usually an unhinged hysterical mess and I feel like we've only seen glimpses of that at times. Can't speak for Lolita because idk her season.

You know I'm a huge Matraka stan, but HOW THE HELL did she win this challenge? :skull:

Regina clearly ate everyone up, she should've won. The narrative they pushed to justify Cristian being in the bottom was extremely weird, she did fine.

Lip sync was great, I didn't expect Lady Kero to serve like she did. Sad for Margaret, but it was clear the judges didn't see it for her since day 1. She had a good amount of time to showcase her drag though and her exit was really touching, so I feel like she left on a really good note.

Edited by Hephaestus

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

You know I'm a huge Matraka stan, but HOW THE HELL did she win this challenge? :skull:

Regina clearly ate everyone up, she should've won. The narrative they pushed to justify Cristian being in the bottom was extremely weird, she did fine.

Lip sync was great, I didn't expect Lady Kero to serve like she did. Sad for Margaret, but it was clear the judges didn't see it for her since day 1. She had a good amount of time to showcase her drag though and her exit was really touching, so I feel like she left on a really good note.

All of this. It made no sense, I appreciate the girls clocking the T in the confessionals too. I get it was her time to go because there hadn't been a lot of variety, but I hope we get to see more of her in the future. 

Also I'm still tired of the judging always bringing up Drag Race US girls as references. Its tired. 

3 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

i think its bc this week the runway was part of the main challenge. and while regina and cristian did good in the acting, matraka DEVOURED everyone in the runway. 

regina and cristian’s runways were very boring compared to matraka’s, which really felt like telenovela haute couture.

I genuinely feel that the producers wanted the viewers to question/react to the judges decisions, they even threw in all the confessionals going against the judges decisions. :bibliahh:

The judges dragging the girls left/right this episode. :deadbanana4:

Putting Christian near the bottom to destroy her psyche. :bibliahh:

But the bottom two was clear and a given, Matraka could have been there too.

• Haha 1

Regina was robbed, I thought she would win this episode so easily  :rip: 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ozlovezashlee said:

I genuinely feel that the producers wanted the viewers to question/react to the judges decisions, they even threw in all the confessionals going against the judges decisions. :bibliahh:

The judges dragging the girls left/right this episode. :deadbanana4:

Putting Christian near the bottom to destroy her psyche. :bibliahh:

But the bottom two was clear and a given, Matraka could have been there too.

They probably wanted to drive fan engagement and conversation right before the finale

• Like 2

if the estelares (gala, regina, and cristian) make it to the top 4 w matraka, they should be very scared. do they not know what happens to friendship trios/duos like rolaskatox?? 

RANT ALERT. I’m having a very hard time watching DR Mexico. It’s just not clicking with me how I expected as a Latino. From the judging, to the quality of the queens… it’s so hard to watch and terribly boring. It’s obvious Cristian will be crowned. Only remotely likeable queen I’m getting out of this is Matraka. 

really hope they fix **** for S2. 

Wtf was this episode. How are you gonna have the ball mixed with an acting challenge 

• Like 2

The acting challenge wasn't necessary. A music video in the style of old school telenovela opening credits would've been cuter. Glad they're done trying to gaslight the audience into thinking that Cristian is serving on the runway. Matraka's first look instantly washed all of the other Melanie Martinez cosplays in that category. Her final look was the best look of the entire ball. Didn't really care for any of the looks in the second category. In conclusion, another deserving win for Matraka. I don't know who needs to hear this, but Gala, Regina and Cristian will never be Rolaskatox, and Jinkx will never be Matraka. Hope that helps. 

MATRAKATRAKA.thumb.gif.fc3b7a94040f62049

• Like 4

Been getting caught up on this season and it’s cute. It’s just one of those where I don’t particularly care for the contestants that are doing the best so it’s whatever. I’m on episode 5 and my faves are Matraka, Gala, and Margaret even tho I can tell she’s leaving in the next epi or so

• ATRL Moderator

This season is officially NOT giving. 

The villain skit was so unfunny and that ball theme was hella confusing. A super narrative ball just doesn't work that well, especially when each look is separated by several other queens.

And then the judging :deadbanana2: The way they robbed Regina HARD for the Rusical and now robbed her again and just picked a name out of a hat to determine the winner instead :deadbanana:

Edited by feelslikeadream
  • Like 1

That twist just to save Cristian from the bottom 2 :deadbanana4:

That said, Matraka had the best look and killed it in the lipsync. Another deserved win. Gala slayed on both fronts too.

• ATRL Moderator

That lip sync was one for the books! 

• Like 1

I noticed P+ tends to go for fan favorites when it comes to crowning the winner on AS. Idk if this will extend to international shows as we don’t know yet but going off of the pattern for AS, I would say Matraka would have a very good chance of winning over Cristian. I guess we will have to see how the next few episodes go but I feel like Matraka is getting the right momentum now. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.