Drag Race México | Season 2 | Good Afternoon Mexico

ReH2o

24 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

It’s not normal. It’s actually classist.

Its not that serious. I grew up spending every summer visiting family in Mexico in a small little pueblo and even there everyone would just say random phrases or words in english. It most definitely is normal. The world speaks multiple languages, its life. :rip:

• Like 2

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaye

• Chamoy

• Bimbo

• Hephaestus

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Its not that serious. I grew up spending every summer visiting family in Mexico in a small little pueblo and even there everyone would just say random phrases or words in english. It most definitely is normal. The world speaks multiple languages, its life. :rip:

It’s not but ok. :celestial5:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

It’s not but ok. :celestial5:

Thinking its classist speaks to a person's own mentality and that should just sit and think about that instead. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

11 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Thinking its classist speaks to a person's own mentality and that should just sit and think about that instead. 

How about you rewatch the video and sit and think about how you are helping classism spread. 

• Thumbs Down 2

On 7/23/2023 at 1:01 PM, Sergi91 said:

How about you rewatch the video and sit and think about how you are helping classism spread. 

Spreading the delusion that Spanglish speakers see themselves as superior to those who don't is giving victim complex. There are bigger problems in Mexico to worry about than who can and can't speak a lick of english. Do better.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Wasn't Valentina born and raised in USA?

I think that's the reason she struggles with speaking Spanish more fluently. 

Also, speaking Spanglish isn't  necessarily classist but it *can*  definitely be rooted in it, even if not totally conscious. 

I live in a Mexican city close to the USA border so I have seen people from all backgrounds use Spanglish but I guess the farther you go from the border, the easier it is to associate Spanglish with classism.

5 minutes ago, LOTF said:

Wasn't Valentina born and raised in USA?

I think that's the reason she struggles with speaking Spanish more fluently. 

Also, speaking Spanglish isn't  necessarily classist but it *can*  definitely be rooted in it, even if not totally conscious. 

I live in a Mexican city close to the USA border so I have seen people from all backgrounds use Spanglish but I guess the farther you go from the border, the easier it is to associate Spanglish with classism.

Yeah, she's been working on it for the past few years as most of her work has been in Mexico and essentially building her brand there more than in the US given all the projects she's done lately so she hasn't really had a choice. If she was as fluent in Spanish as her English then we would probably see her a lot more unhinged like how she was acting with Bianca on the pit stop. 

My family is from Jalisco and I've seen people all across the state do the same. 

• Like 1

Complaining about an american girl speaking english in a show that everyone knows comes from the US, with its literal name in english, where words like “sashay, shante, werkroom” are used :bibliahh: turn that brain ON.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

the girls did pretty well in this episode. I did not like that it was a double win. I'm happy both of my faves got a win tho. I live for Regina Voce she just reminds me so much of my local girls. Excited for snatch game!!!

45 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Complaining about an american girl speaking english in a show that everyone knows comes from the US, with its literal name in english, where words like “sashay, shante, werkroom” are used :bibliahh: turn that brain ON.

LIKE HELLO!!!! :deadbanana2: Whew this is why the girls need to stay in school and get that EDUCATION!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Cristian payola continues. The Snatch Game was great,  but his runway was not. Matraka's runway was amazing and should have won.

Shame Argennis got eliminated with one of the best runways but Gala had more to offer.

48 minutes ago, Hector said:

The Cristian payola continues. The Snatch Game was great,  but his runway was not. Matraka's runway was amazing and should have won.

Shame Argennis got eliminated with one of the best runways but Gala had more to offer.

It's the same thing and could've gone either way. Matraka had a great runway, but the snatch game wasn't as good. I agree with the win he literally had full control of the snatch game which was ultimately the main challenge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Matraka should have three wins by now. Not everybody can go from giving the best girl group verse one week (which should have been a solo win hihi) to giving the best look of the season the next week. I feel like I've seen this exact Veronica Castro impersonation a billion times. Gloria, Veronica and Paulina are probably the three most impersonated celebs in the Mexican drag world. Maybe that's why I was like, nothing new, nothing changed. 

The Anetra-fication of Gala is starting, I fear...

• Haha 1

I actually agree with the win for the first time. I don't know many of the references but it's clear Cristian dominated

Gala served nothing but C U N T this episode

Another great episode :clap3:

Didn't mind the Cristian payola tonight cause she really turned it out in the snatch game. The crown Is her and Matraka's to lose.

Hope Gala bottoms from here on out:nicole:

Honestly the way things are looking if I had to predict the elimination order I'm pretty sure its about to be:

Lady Kero / Margaret in 5th/6th, Gala, Matraka, Regina, and Christian Top 4 and if they do a top 2 as herstory has proven it'll be experience vs fan fave so Christian & Matraka. 

Or if they want a shock elim I could see Gala / Regina getting 5th and Margaret sneaking her way into the top 4.

What about y'all?

45 minutes ago, Jaye said:

Honestly the way things are looking if I had to predict the elimination order I'm pretty sure its about to be:

Lady Kero / Margaret in 5th/6th, Gala, Matraka, Regina, and Christian Top 4 and if they do a top 2 as herstory has proven it'll be experience vs fan fave so Christian & Matraka. 

Or if they want a shock elim I could see Gala / Regina getting 5th and Margaret sneaking her way into the top 4.

What about y'all?

Cristian Matraka Regina and Gala top 4

Cristian & Regina top 2

:celestial5:

Edited by mokitsu

Snatch Game is always a bit hard to judge, when you don't know the language, but I actually agreed with most of the results.

I was a bit surprised Regina was not in the top and didn't find Matraka that funny in the challenge, but her runway was indeed mind-blowing. So yeah, I might've put Regina in the top over Lady Kero, but other than that, it was pretty fair. Cristian kinda ate this SG up, no one was close imo, and her runway wasn't bad enough to knock her down.

The lipsync was great on both ends, but Gala clearly was better. Better lipsyncing, cuntier, better-fitting and more impressive moves, and that reveal was great.

Argennis was cute, but honestly, I think she went longer than she should've. She was a good lipsyncer, but flopped in the challenges. That one payola'd win was not it either. 

I really hope Lady Kero goes next tbh :doc: It feels like she just does the same bimbo character every week and that's the only thing she can do successfully. Her runways are always just kind of there too. 

I jus killed all six episodes. 

Crown Cristian like now. No one is doin it better. 

dat snatch game gave me so much life. 

cristian ate da house down as La Vero

And da other girls were fire too. 
Argenis might have flopped in da jokes but her voice sounded jus like Gloria

walter Mercado on point as well. 

one of da best snatch games I’ve seen. I loved dat everyone played off everyone. U get in other franchises a few girls interacting but here they all went in

cristian is serving the Vivienne in how they showcasing her and how she accomplished da challenges. 

and she really is positive with da gurls. 

it’s her crown to lose at da moment 

1 hour ago, dabunique said:

I jus killed all six episodes. 

Crown Cristian like now. No one is doin it better. 

dat snatch game gave me so much life. 

cristian ate da house down as La Vero

And da other girls were fire too. 
Argenis might have flopped in da jokes but her voice sounded jus like Gloria

walter Mercado on point as well. 

one of da best snatch games I’ve seen. I loved dat everyone played off everyone. U get in other franchises a few girls interacting but here they all went in

cristian is serving the Vivienne in how they showcasing her and how she accomplished da challenges. 

and she really is positive with da gurls. 

it’s her crown to lose at da moment 

I agree with this. The girls scream payola, but honestly Cristian is really doing the damn thing so I can't even say it isn't warranted. Worthy winner imo. 

19 minutes ago, Jaye said:

I agree with this. The girls scream payola, but honestly Cristian is really doing the damn thing so I can't even say it isn't warranted. Worthy winner imo. 

Dat Veronica Castro is one of da best snatch games of all time across all franchises 

• ATRL Moderator

I felt so bad for Argennis this week. She looked STUNNING on the runway (the producers are shady for sending Regina out after her, in a very worse version of the look :toofunny3:), but she was obviously in over her head and it was her time to go. The way she started crying basically as soon as her critique started :chick3:

I'm ready for a Cristian win, I guess. Hopefully Regina or Matraka snatches instead, but it's feeling inevitable at this point :doc:

• ATRL Moderator

I just don’t like Christian all that much even though obviously 2/3 of the wins have been deserved :katie:

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 5:43 PM, Jaye said:

Yes! The payola comments just crack me up because she is out there killing it

Cristian really is out here slaying the girls.

I feel that Regina is the only one in her league and can battle her for the crown.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.