BREAKING: 7 dead after car runs into pedestrians in Brownsville, Texas

ttsmu

The GOP is a failed experiment. Time to abort. :giraffe:

The pedestrians were migrants and the investigation is looking into whether it was deliberate

7 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

What’s going in Texas :psyduck:

It's Texas. Let's not act new. :coffee2: 

EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. POINT OF IMPACT (Surveillance video). TRIGGER WARNING.

Spoiler

There's a border crisis happening in Texas right now. Civilians are furious the government is basically helping illegal immigrants stay in the US without consequences. I don't condone this at all, we are all human at the end of the day. People are losing their minds, and politics keep dividing us. 

It's really sad what our world is coming to. I'm so scared for the state of humanity, and wish we could go back to simpler times. We are experiencing travesty after travesty... it's too much to handle. 

9 minutes ago, Espresso said:

It's Texas. Let's not act new. :coffee2: 

It didn't used to be this bad :sosad:I grew up here... 30 years, and things had never been this bad. What the heck is happening to people?!?!... I kinda understand WHY the govt wanted to regulate the internet... the raw news, uncensored images, violence and brutality... it's provoking people with mental health issues. 

You can go on twitter, tik tok, facebook... it's all littered with raw uncensored footage. Not everyone has the mental capacity to process those things. It's ruining the new generations. 

Car attacks out of their flop era 

12 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

There's a border crisis happening in Texas right now. Civilians are furious the government is basically helping illegal immigrants stay in the US without consequences. I don't condone this at all, we are all human at the end of the day. People are losing their minds, and politics keep dividing us. 

It's really sad what our world is coming to. I'm so scared for the state of humanity, and wish we could go back to simpler times. We are experiencing travesty after travesty... it's too much to handle. 

The closest we came to something resembling a substantial immigration bill was during Trump's term when he just wanted to sign something to look good. 

But....white nationalist Stephen Miller stopped it. Mostly because he's against birth-right citizenship and wanted to drastically lower and/or eliminate migration quotas, among several other factors. 

7 people dead and a further 6 injured waiting for a bus. This is not okay. 

16 minutes ago, Espresso said:

EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. POINT OF IMPACT (Surveillance video). TRIGGER WARNING.

Hide contents

Omg

poor people. 

15 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

There's a border crisis happening in Texas right now. Civilians are furious the government is basically helping illegal immigrants stay in the US without consequences.

???????

Border crossings were down during the pandemic and the US government has not, at all, allowed people "to stay without legal consequence", with Biden continuing much of Trump's harshest policies like Stay in Mexico, Title 42 that basically made asylum illegal, keeping undocumented children in disgusting "processing centers", and added restrictions on what refugees, from countries not impacted by Title 42, could or could not do to be allowed at ports of entry.

Edited by Communion

17 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

There's a border crisis happening in Texas right now. Civilians are furious the government is basically helping illegal immigrants stay in the US without consequences. I don't condone this at all

By including this as your opening statement, it certainly sounds like you do. It’s the same justification for vigilantes that liberals and conservatives alike have been using to dismiss the murder of a black man on a NYC subway.

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

???????

Yup, look up what's happening in El Paso, TX. Thousands of Hondurans and Venezuelans are out on the streets asking for help. There's also some videos of an immigrant giving an interview stating he received a new phone from the govt.... along with his covid and other shots. Title 42 which prevented immigration into the US due to covid is about to expire as well, and there are tons more people trying to cross the border. 

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

By including this as your opening statement, it certainly sounds like you do. It’s the same justification for vigilantes that liberals and conservatives alike have been using to dismiss the murder of a black man on a NYC subway.

I was explaining "why" it most likely happened. Brownsville is a border city. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

Yup, look up what's happening in El Paso, TX. Thousands of Hondurans and Venezuelans are out on the streets asking for help. There's also some videos of an immigrant giving an interview stating he received a new phone from the govt.... along with his covid and other shots. Title 42 which prevented immigration into the US due to covid is about to expire as well, and there are tons more people trying to cross the border. 

Have you ever asked yourself why people are fleeing their countries, leaving behind their families and risking their lives, to go to the US?

3 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

Title 42 which prevented immigration into the US due to covid

No, Title 42, which *illegally* suspended the act of asylum - a legally entitled right of all - is expiring on the basis of being found illegal and having no legal standing by multiple courts.

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Have you ever asked yourself why people are fleeing their countries, leaving behind their families and risking their lives, to go to the US?

Yes? why the question?

29 minutes ago, BletaRexher said:

Car attacks out of their flop era 

Your reaction after reading that 7 people have been killed is... this? 

Concerns of migrant murders given the documented rise in white domestic terrorism and white nationalism are relevant. 

I guess my biggest concern is any contagion effect from this incident, which is now looking deliberate. 

Especially in places like parts of El Paso right now:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.