Is Ajay's power bigger than you thought?

thatsmydemi

She is without a doubt one of the most recognizable people in the reaction category of YouTube, so of course she does have some power here insofar as getting attention. However, had this been anyone BUT Beyoncé or one of the few big artists of her kind, the video would not have gone so far so quickly. The fact that neither the Harry Styles nor the Sabrina Carpenter videos made any traction whatsoever despite both being big artists (Harry especially) would imply that her power as a reaction video YouTuber depends also on the content she is talking about, as well as the polarizing views expressed within it. Obviously, we know, negative opinions travel farther than positive ones.

As a Beyoncé fan, I'm always going to defend her work, but there feels like more of a need to do so when those deriding it aren't actually bringing valid points to the mix. If someone can lay out clearly why they feel a certain way and are not having to misinterpret things to come to that conclusion, logically, what can you say to it? If someone is going to say they don't like an album because it's "hip-hop" despite it not being such a thing outside of a few songs and stylings, then that's weird and deserves people to correct it.

We can get on a soapbox and proclaim that OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS all we want, but that doesn't stop bad, misinformed and/or ignorant opinions from needing correction.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBeyoncé

• charot

• Kassi

• TaggedGalaxy

6 minutes ago, charot said:

Nah you don't have to be an expert to like/dislike music. Also it's Bey we're talking about here, even her fart would get high ratings from critics. It's like a crime to criticize her. 

12 minutes ago, Kassi said:

it's about dragging Beyoncé because they've been given a tiny opening after Renaissance came out of 2022 as the most acclaimed album of the year. 

Exactly. lolol.gif

25 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

The album is back to "growing" on the GP and has actually increased worldwide in sales and streams. :rip:

Ren beating them "growing" allegations yet again I fear, the timing is just perfect too, just before the tour kicks off :jonnycat:

OT: OBHs making countless spin-off threads of this Youtuber's reaction to Renaissance is a kiii. It's the exact same users spamming the OG thread, too :lmao:

I notice that some in here calling out the stans but are mute on the unhinged OBHs using this social media personality as some type of dig at the Hive and Beyonce, that's the real issue and what's very apparent at this point. It's not even the Hive making 50-11 threads crying about this woman's reaction, so idk why some are deflecting when it's clear these spin-offs on her about Renaissance specifically have become circle jerks for OBHs, not necessarily about Ajay herself or "her power" :rip: 

14 minutes ago, Kassi said:

The reality is, it's the haters keeping the hate train going. Hive will be over Ajay in a week once the tour starts. lolol.gif

All these threads about Ajay are quite literally to irritate the Hive. lolol.gif None of this is about Ajay's "impact" specifically, it's about dragging Beyoncé because they've been given a tiny opening after Renaissance came out of 2022 as the most acclaimed album of the year. 

:cm:

10 minutes ago, charot said:

Nah you don't have to be an expert to like/dislike music. Also it's Bey we're talking about here, even her fart would get high ratings from critics. It's like a crime to criticize her. 

Where did I say you had to be an expert to like/dislike music? I don't think I even used the word "expert" or even a synonym for it. You've decided to miss the point I guess, so I'll reiterate: what she's doing is reacting to music on camera. That is not the same as critics who generally take the time to present an essay of sorts for their opinion. We can perhaps allow that in doing so, she's not going to have the throughout and balanced reasoning for every opinion, but still, that does not mean she's doing basically the same work of a critic.

Also if what you're saying about Beyoncé is true then both Everything is Love and The Gift would be rated as highly as Lemonade and RENAISSANCE. And while you could find many in the Hive who love both, I think most will tell you they are not at the same level of her most acclaimed albums.

Edited by swissman

2 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Someone is really bothered about a supposedly irrelevant girl:eli:

11 minutes ago, charot said:

40 comments on 1 topic :gaycat7:

the "nobody" got them pressed :ahh: 

No i always knew she had the stan world on a chokehold 

What does counting up someone's posts in a thread prove? This is a forum. Discussion, back-and-forth, quoting, all that are part of it. To then say someone is bothered because you keep engaging with them and they keep replying? Are you bothered, too?

Yes. I loved Renaissance until I watched her reaction video. Now I hate it. 

14 minutes ago, swissman said:

She is without a doubt one of the most recognizable people in the reaction category of YouTube, so of course she does have some power here insofar as getting attention. However, had this been anyone BUT Beyoncé or one of the few big artists of her kind, the video would not have gone so far so quickly. The fact that neither the Harry Styles nor the Sabrina Carpenter videos made any traction whatsoever despite both being big artists (Harry especially) would imply that her power as a reaction video YouTuber depends also on the content she is talking about, as well as the polarizing views expressed within it. Obviously, we know, negative opinions travel farther than positive ones.

As a Beyoncé fan, I'm always going to defend her work, but there feels like more of a need to do so when those deriding it aren't actually bringing valid points to the mix. If someone can lay out clearly why they feel a certain way and are not having to misinterpret things to come to that conclusion, logically, what can you say to it? If someone is going to say they don't like an album because it's "hip-hop" despite it not being such a thing outside of a few songs and stylings, then that's weird and deserves people to correct it.

We can get on a soapbox and proclaim that OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS all we want, but that doesn't stop bad, misinformed and/or ignorant opinions from needing correction.

So you're saying ajay's opinion is incorrect?

12 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Someone is really bothered about a supposedly irrelevant girl:eli:

She is irrelevant to me.. first time hearing about her bc the YouTuber spoke on who again? :gaycat2:

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

16 minutes ago, est. in 90s said:

Ren beating them "growing" allegations yet again I fear, the timing is just perfect too, just before the tour kicks off :jonnycat:

OT: OBHs making countless spin-off threads of this Youtuber's reaction to Renaissance is a kiii. It's the exact same users spamming the OG thread, too :lmao:

I notice that some in here calling out the stans but are mute on the unhinged OBHs using this social media personality as some type of dig at the Hive and Beyonce, that's the real issue and what's very apparent at this point. It's not even the Hive making 50-11 threads crying about this woman's reaction, so idk why some are deflecting when it's clear these spin-offs on her about Renaissance specifically have become circle jerks for OBHs, not necessarily about Ajay herself or "her power" :rip: 

All this. They really need to see the lady :rip: 

22 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

So you're saying ajay's opinion is incorrect?

It is factually incorrect to say that RENAISSANCE is a hip-hop album, which is what she claimed in her reasoning. My point was that while she is entitled to her opinions, the hive and anyone else is entitled to having one about her's as well, especially when the opinion in question hasn't even bothered to get certain facts correct to begin with. Would you not call into question the opinion of someone who clearly has misunderstood the genre of your fave's music?

Assessing an album as a genre it is not won't change your emotional reaction to the album itself, but it does show an inability to understand it for what it is. If you were to eat a savoury tart and then say "I don't like it because I don't want apple pie", then your point-of-view would be called into question, because you're not eating apple pie, you're eating a savoury tart.

Edited by swissman

Y'all seem away too pressed about an opinion coming from someone who's apparently "not correct" about certain aspects of the album. If she's that musically illiterate then why are y'all so bothered?

3 hours ago, FSXP said:

Eh, not really. Nobody cares about the other 3 albums she already reacted to. People care cause it’s Beyoncé and Renaissance is successful and universally acclaimed. Beyoncé simply has as much haters as she has lovers. She’s a fun reactor but she does not impact sales, acclaim or anything in that regard.

She only reacted to Harry's House and Sabrina Carpenter's albums so far, and people did care, obviously she was positive about Harry and Sabrina so it won't attract more attention than a scathing review of Beyoncé, but people did care.

2 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

did you just compare Renaissance to Britney Jean

bey-1e97ded37f6554d5e.gif

No but you just unsuccessfully pivoted against the point of stans wanting to enjoy an album and coming to an example of album they feel is underwhelming.

It's ok...I get coping and defense mechanisms are going to be used but the list. of the examples prove my point. No need to deflect

bey-5.gif

Edited by slw84

Aguilerators, Little Monsters, Selenators and Beyoncé Hive now all hate Ajay collectively :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

To you clearly the way you are perched in her threads

bey-1e97ded37f6554d5e.gif

Top poster at that...

Ajay is powerful

Beyonce is powerful

Black powerful women...this is great material (much better than Renaissance) 

bey-8.gif

I like her and I’m glad shes back.

The meltdowns are so childish. She can like what she wants. Harassing her isn’t gonna make her like the album.

49 minutes ago, swissman said:

The fact that neither the Harry Styles nor the Sabrina Carpenter videos made any traction whatsoever despite both being big artists (Harry especially) would imply that her power as a reaction video YouTuber depends also on the content she is talking about, as well as the polarizing views expressed within it. Obviously, we know, negative opinions travel farther than positive ones.

Captura

Obviously the Beyoncé review will get more views because as you said, she was "controversial" in her take (and we can tell because she got a lot of views in 1 day), but generally YouTube videos of this kind get the bulk of their views on the first 24 hours, so the difference will most likely not be massive.

"Any traction whatsoever" is incorrect. The Beyoncé reaction has gotten more traction because she liked Harry's album, but you're factually wrong that her other reactions didn't get any traction. I can't speak for Sabrina's because I didn't pay attention. And tbh I only watched her Beyoncé reaction because people were being so dramatic about it.

It's a combination of things. If she was any random reactor nobody would care. I'm sure if I go on YouTube I can find plenty of people who dragged Renaissance but didn't get any attention because nobody cares about their opinion. AJay has built a small fanbase of her own and people like her and like to hear her opinions. Her not liking Renaissance isn't reason to belittle that. She's clearly charismatic enough to carry a monetizable YouTube channel with a bland background and one camera fixed on her face. I think that's pretty impressive.

I really don't get why people get so worked up over her videos :michael: But it is funny seeing the meltdowns.

no only because people are only paying attention to the Beyonce review.... no one else

She hyped this album on her original comeback video, so you know the hype was gonna be real

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.