How long will this winning streak for Taylor last?

smartalek22

Even as a non-fan I cannot deny the impact she has in the music industry, but will there ever come a time where she has to face any challenge in her career?

I’m tired of her entirely calculated approach to music, there’s never anything unique or interesting personally. She’s a GP darling and her music definitely has its place, but will she ever a see a day where she actually fails commercially. It seems that every extremely successful artist has at least one album like that in their discography except her. And I’m not counting Evermore era as a flop either, because Taylor has never truly flopped.

Till the world ends.mp3

Edited by HappierJealousy

her fanbase alone makes her immune to flopping

It will last a long time. Probably until she decides to retire. She was very smart at nurturing and building up a very loyal fan base and as long as she’s not too controversial or gets political she will be ok churning all these love songs that appeal to teenagers 

As long as she wants it to, at this point

it'll take something huge. The only way i can see her losing her streak is if she completely and utterly fumbles her directorial debut. If that project goes horribly wrong she will be mocked and ridiculed relentlessly by the media. It's literally the only thing that can make her "lose". There's a lot of pressure on her for that project for sure and tbh it takes a lot of courage to direct a movie. I'm really excited for it and i'm sure it will be good. I'm just worried the public, media and critics are going to expect a masterpiece when in reality this will be her directorial debut and ppl should give her some grace and room to grow if it does end up being mediocre....

Only if she f*cks it up real hard. 

Soon after she re-releases all of her old albums decline will begin.

She's getting there :giraffe:

Edited by Japan

It’s really hard at this point. Her next brand new album may even beat all Midnights records as it will be her first album after breakup. She still has 1989 TV, reputation TV, 20th anniversary in 2026, and superbowl. She is really smart to build such a big and loyal fandom compared to most of the artists, especially, the Western ones who always too lazy to care about their fans.

I think TS11 will be another #moment like 'Midnights' was, but after that it's probably a slow, gradual decline.

It is hard to see her bomb outright with any album at this very moment.

53 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

it'll take something huge. The only way i can see her losing her streak is if she completely and utterly fumbles her directorial debut. If that project goes horribly wrong she will be mocked and ridiculed relentlessly by the media. It's literally the only thing that can make her "lose". There's a lot of pressure on her for that project for sure and tbh it takes a lot of courage to direct a movie. I'm really excited for it and i'm sure it will be good. I'm just worried the public, media and critics are going to expect a masterpiece when in reality this will be her directorial debut and ppl should give her some grace and room to grow if it does end up being mediocre....

Oh please. Even if that film debut flopped critically and commercially, that won't affect her music career even a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Feanor said:

I think TS11 will be another #moment like 'Midnights' was, but after that it's probably a slow, gradual decline.

It is hard to see her bomb outright with any album at this very moment.

You all already forgetting about TS13? That will be huge. 

She’s been pretty much running the game for 17 years now, with no sign of letting up. Better get used to it. :heart2:

Yall not gonna believe this but this is just the beginning lol

Shes gonna get even bigger from here on 

Matty Healy will bring her down by turning her into Sky Ferreira 

she was very close to it with Preach Now and puta-Loser but she always managed to come back stronger (than a 90s trend). maybe if she fcks up her face somehow. the same way katy was dropped over a haircut:rip:

2 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

It will last a long time. Probably until she decides to retire. She was very smart at nurturing and building up a very loyal fan base and as long as she’s not too controversial or gets political she will be ok churning all these love songs that appeal to teenagers 

Correction. As long as she's not too controversial or gets political in opinions her fanbase generally disagrees upon.

1 hour ago, Steve Johnson said:

Oh please. Even if that film debut flopped critically and commercially, that won't affect her music career even a bit. 

This. Her fans have already found humor and laugh at her film projects because some of them are def questionable. Swiftok during Amsterdam really tore her a new one :deadbanana4:

if she can turn around an era like lover, she’ll never truly flop, just “underperform” for her standards

i think her reputation will kinda be a cyclical thing, where she edges on overexposure/ gp doesn’t like her for a bit, but the fans are too loyal for her to flop 

however long it takes for her to stick by matty healy whenever he gets up to his next problematic activity 

forever i fear, i think her fans are set for life and as they get older, their offspring will become taylor fans and the legacy will continue to live for generations to come

Edited by shyboi

Lover and reputation felt like 2 solid declines in a row, she isn't immune.