Mass Shooting at Texas Mall, 8+ Dead, Suspect Dead

BeenTheShit

1 hour ago, shinyshimmery said:

Amen to this!!!! guns are the clear issue. less guns = less shootings... it should be a no brainer. Also... just saw a comment on twitter stating why in the world are our leaders some 70 or 80 year olds?!! it's so true... they have no sense of the current world we are living in.

Nobody above 60 years old should be RUNNING countries

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• BeenTheShit

• shinyshimmery

• suburbannature

There seem to have been so many mass shootings this year already yet nothing ever changes.

R.I.P. to all the victims.

From Press Conference:

• 8 deaths: 6 people were already dead when medical arrived on the scene, 2 others died in transport
  • 7 other people were transported, 3 still remain in critical condition
  • The victim count would've been much higher, but a police officer already at the mall engaged and killed the shooter quickly

Edit: Updated death count due to confusion.  Shooter was originally counted as a death.

Edited by BeenTheShit
edit

In the process of looking for more info on this, I learn of another mass shooting two days ago in and around a south Georgia McDonalds that apparently blew by in the news :doc:

I always hear ‘don’t give up’ on pushing reforms but it’s hard for me having been on campaigns up close.

How sad :cries:

Those videos are haunting. This isn't humanity anymore.

That video :biblio:

4 hours ago, Helios said:

You mean this is Texas. This doesn’t happen in most states.

This happen Twice this year in my home state of Indiana 

At the end of the day, she’s kinda right. Under the SCOTUS we currently have, all forms of gun control in blue states will be ruled as unconstitutional sooner or later.

Mental health approach won’t work either, because our country is allergic to health care improvements. Both parties are publicly against advancing beyond Obamacare, while one side actively wants to roll us back and leave us with nothing at all.

Exactly what Gov. Abbott wanted so congrats to him.

RIP to the victims and condolences to Texans yet again.

I can’t at these stupid people who blame everything like race, religion, mental health, sexuality when the real problem is the weapon itself and how anyone can buy that easily. 

RIP to the victims…

• ATRL Moderator

So scary, I go to this mall quite often when I'm in the area for work.

RIP to the victims

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

At the end of the day, she’s kinda right. Under the SCOTUS we currently have, all forms of gun control in blue states will be ruled as unconstitutional sooner or later.

Mental health approach won’t work either, because our country is allergic to health care improvements. Both parties are publicly against advancing beyond Obamacare, while one side actively wants to roll us back and leave us with nothing at all.

She's right but she's not.

The Republicans only care about the 2A because of money.  The Republicans don't care about the constitution itself as seen by their own attacks against the 1A. Democrats just never play dirty enough or aggressive enough to get anything done, they'll continue to sit on a pedestal and gloat how much better they are morally than Republicans while getting absolutely nothing accomplished. 

So now, gun control will obviously not happen because even our president is afraid to make some executive changes and would rather just tweet that it is past time to do something. 

Uh, oh, starting to think maybe we should do something about this? I'll go pray harder. :dancehall:

A rifle resembling an AR-15—the weapon used in mass shooting after mass shooting—was shown nearby.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/multiple-victims-reported-after-shooting-at-mall-in-allen-texas

Oh look another AR-15, that must be a complete surprise to people.

Same as the last Texas mass shooting, except he had so many guns, they aren't 100% sure.

Police recovered the AR-15-style rifle that they said Oropeza used in the shootings, but authorities were not sure if he was carrying another weapon, the sheriff said. There were other weapons in the suspect’s home, he said.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/texas-mass-shooting-suspect-remains-at-large-could-be-anywhere-sheriff-says

Same as the gun used in the school shooting in Uvalde last year.

The gunman had an AR-15, a rifle design used by U.S. soldiers in every conflict since Vietnam. Its bullets flew toward the officers at three times the speed of sound and could have pierced their body armor like a hole punch through paper. They grazed two officers in the head, and the group retreated.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/03/20/uvalde-shooting-police-ar-15/

Do you think there might be a common theme here?

Hope America figures out if it's trans people, illegal immigrants or something else.

16 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

The way I’m so desensitized to mass shootings I just use them to know what date it is anymore 

Same

This is horrible to say, but politicians who have the power to change gun laws will never do something about it unless something happens to their loved ones.

My god, all I searched for was an update on Twitter using the word "Texas" and saw two frightening things:

1. The first result being the graphic aftermath with no warning...just there in HD video. It's terrifying how not only is this happening so often but the results of this are so accessible to people that the trauma and shock of seeing it will wear off because of how easy it is to find such terror whether it be in person or on the net.

2. Another mass murder in Texas happened today where a truck drove into a group of migrants at a bus stop, killing at least 7 of them. Once again, the aftermath and even a video of the carnage...all there to see so accessibly, all just by searching the name of the state.

Devastated for the victims and outraged at the laws that allow for these atrocities to happen.

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Just horrific.

14 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

12 minutes ago, Hook Up said:

My god, all I searched for was an update on Twitter using the word "Texas" and saw two frightening things:

1. The first result being the graphic aftermath with no warning...just there in HD video. It's terrifying how not only is this happening so often but the results of this are so accessible to people that the trauma and shock of seeing it will wear off because of how easy it is to find such terror whether it be in person or on the net.

2. Another mass murder in Texas happened today where a truck drove into a group of migrants at a bus stop, killing at least 7 of them. Once again, the aftermath and even a video of the carnage...all there to see so accessibly, all just by searching the name of the state.

Devastated for the victims and outraged at the laws that allow for these atrocities to happen.

The extremely graphic video of the migrants getting hit by a car and the aftermath :mazen: :doc: 

19 hours ago, Reginald said:

And that's the fact. Every single time I return home safely from an outing, I'm grateful.

Mass murder is in the back of my mind as a fear whenever I leave home, even to go grocery shopping or visit an ATM.

This is America.

I am very sorry. This is no way to live and there seriously need to be BIG changes to society if we are coming to a point of being desensitized to violent incidents like this. :biblionny:

Ah Twitter discourse. Currently revolving around the notion that Latinos can't be Neo-Nazis. :grump:

It's tended to be the fallout after the shootings recently that's broken me as opposed to the shootings themselves.

But here's one report regardless of any of the spin...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.