Do you hate that Fearless TV wasn't given the same love as Red & SN TVs?

IBeMe

Obviously she didnt know these re recordings would be such cultural events and in some ways Fearless TVs initial success did pave the way for Red TV and now Speak Now TV but are you kinda hating the fact that Fearless TV got no music video and not much initial hype? 

Mr. Perfectly Fine and That's The Way I Loved You should have both gotten videos tbh

Fearless_(Taylor's_Version)_(2021_album_

Edited by IBeMe

I think even if she had pushed Fearless TV really hard it wouldn’t have made too much of a wave, there’s no narrative for a teenage hopeless romantic album from a country breakout star when… she’s no longer a breakout star or a teenage hopeless romantic nor is country music on the global mainstream right now. I think she was smart to market it more as a nostalgic introduction to this era of rerecordings, something for long time fans to feel attached to and proud of, as that created an intimate loyalty for the rest of the TVs that will pay off tenfold. 

No because those albums are superior and they were always gonna cause more headlines and such because of the narratives of those albums and since they're fan favorites.

Not really, but that's because I don't like Fearless. Speak Now and Red are so much better actually.

She could never have known that the TVs would be such a big deal. Fearless was a good, safe choice as first TV because of its classic singles and the wide-audience nostalgia. It isn’t a fan favourite so it makes sense that it wouldn’t be as big a deal for Swifties/charts. The only thing I regret about fearless TV is the cover. The gold overkill ruins it. 

This would have been much better IMO 

spacer.png

No.  Fearless always has been a trailblazing album and stands out as one of her best all by itself.  It was the one she needed to have first. 

16 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

She could never have known that the TVs would be such a big deal. Fearless was a good, safe choice as first TV because of its classic singles and the wide-audience nostalgia. It isn’t a fan favourite so it makes sense that it wouldn’t be as big a deal for Swifties/charts. The only thing I regret about fearless TV is the cover. The gold overkill ruins it. 

spacer.png

This, I wish it didn't have the gold/sepia filter on it, it washes the cover out

No, but I hate that she’s dating that mattt guy :chick3:

I think it’s because she didn’t expect it to smash. Probably she felt that no one was going to use it so did not put much effort. Then when she realized that people loved them she and of course her company, are pushing and aiming harder

Tbh if IBYTAM got a video even MPF should have

49 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I think even if she had pushed Fearless TV really hard it wouldn’t have made too much of a wave, there’s no narrative for a teenage hopeless romantic album from a country breakout star when… she’s no longer a breakout star or a teenage hopeless romantic nor is country music on the global mainstream right now. I think she was smart to market it more as a nostalgic introduction to this era of rerecordings, something for long time fans to feel attached to and proud of, as that created an intimate loyalty for the rest of the TVs that will pay off tenfold. 

Also commercially there's no benefit. There isn't any standout tracks on the album from the GP or even the Swiftie's minds that would garner a single-worthy push like All Too Well, Enchanted, Don't Blame Me, New Romantics, Should've Said No, etc. YBWM, Fifteen, Fearless, White Horse and Love Story were all the clear standouts of that album and all smashed appropriately. 

Hey Stephen maybe? 

Given this logic, I fear she'll probably give the 1989 TV era little to no promo, she got the coins that she deserved from that era, maybe a New Romantics lead single?

Edited by MingYouToo

37 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

. The only thing I regret about fearless TV is the cover. The gold overkill ruins it. 

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

This, I wish it didn't have the gold/sepia filter on it, it washes the cover out

But sepia psychologically invokes feelings of nostalgia :rip: It was a pretty genius marketing move.

not really. it was the perfect way to start / introduce the re-recordings era.

59 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

But sepia psychologically invokes feelings of nostalgia :rip: It was a pretty genius marketing move.

It looks like piss.

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

It looks like piss.

How do you know what piss tastes like sis :biblio:

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I said LOOKS not TASTES, are you incapable of reading?

Edited by mystery

No but then I have hobbies. Perhaps you could try reading a book, learning a trade, or touching grass.

29 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

27 minutes ago, mystery said:

this exchange :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Folklore89sm said:

spacer.png

af8e2967f8cf3f23f450b4530539d5deaaabdd39.jpg

Fearless is her top 2 selling albums, gave her her first two big hits, most awarded country album, and got AOTY. She probably thought it already got the attention it deserved the first time where these two didn’t 

Edited by Redstreak

47 minutes ago, mystery said:

Look babe don’t get mad at me just because you’re into water sports. No judgment! :giraffe: 

Fearless is the most awarded Country album in history. Certified Diamond. Everlasting classics in Love Story, You Belong With Me, and The Best Day.

Ms. Wigless is Perfectly Fine. :clap3:

The only thing I would’ve liked was a Love Story TV music video. I think it would’ve been nice when she kicked off the re recordings.

Well, 'Fearless (TV)' was the first re-recording, so no one knew how it'd do or how much demand there'd be for a re-recording of an album from over a decade ago. She probably didn't expect much, which is why its release was kinda muted with barely any promo or visuals.

If she had known that the TVs would cause this much hype, then I'm sure she'd have approached it differently and given it a bigger push.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.