STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Xbox's first AAA exclusive game in years is a panned bomb, surprised?

DoctorIce

Currently rotting with a 59 on Meteoritic (an exceptionally awful score for a video game) and a 2.8 user score.

The graphics, the frame rate, the gameplay... :redface:

Some ATRL users told me that Xbox has superior graphics to other consoles - what good is that when their quality control is so poor? 

Is anyone surprised?

ivymantics-ivysmantics.gif

Edited by DoctorIce

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaimon

• DoctorIce

• JayG

• Starshine

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I been seeing a lot of horrible YouTube reviews of it popping up in my feed. :rip: Haven’t touched my X-Box in almost 2 years. It’s collecting so much dust

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

When it comes to Xbox exclusives I'd be surprised if the game was good

Hephaestus

I still regret the hour I spent playing it on Game Pass.  Definitely do not recommend it. Not shocked it

is as panned as it is. 

No, this is why they’re trying to buy their way into a monopoly of the video game industry since they can’t come up with anything good from within their own studios. And then they ruin all the game studios they buy like just pack it up and focus on gamepass for PC :ahh:

Edited by bijonse

the way even phil admitted that they lost and are not focusing on having good exclusives (with a faulty argument of them being useless because apparently people won't buy a console for exclusives). i give it one more generation until the console will become xtinct. deservedly.

an absolutely horrific thing to admit as a CEO & hear as an xtinct stan. 

basically saying 'we have nothing to offer you anymore, you might aswell buy that PS5 if you havent already'

8 minutes ago, Liafen said:

basically saying 'we have nothing to offer you anymore, you might aswell buy that PS5 if you havent already'

Jesus, if this isn't a swan song then I don't know what is :deadbanana2:This is why they're just snatching up studios - because they're clearly incompetent of creating masterful AAA games like Sony and Nintendo. I expect him to resign if Starfield is a flop.

Not surprising but sad. 

they really need to get it together. if they left the console business then Sony would have a true monopoly with the freedom to do whatever they want... :dancehall:

That’s what happens when you try to buy your way into an industry but lack the creativity and vision to back it up. 

Sony & Nintendo have always been the MPG’s so hardly surprised 🤷🏽‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Painful to watch

• ATRL Administrator

This is the issue with the AAA development cycle. When Redfall started development the whole live-service aspect of games was still fresh and popular. Years later, it's gone out of style. Anthem BOMBING should have been the wake up call, but other devs kept shoehorning the concept into games where it didn't need to be -- Marvel's Avengers, Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League, Redfall, etc. Chasing trends is a costly, outdated process with 5+ year development cycles lol.

I bought my Xbox Series X earlier this year BECAUSE Starfield is being released (I've been away at a rehab facility since September and couldn't bring my PS5) and it was worth it for me. I love the Ultimate Game Pass but the lack of good exclusives means they're going to do worse.

Don't even get me started on games that aren't optimized for the console. I tried the new Star Wars Jedi game and the frame rate was dropping during the credits introducing the name of the studio. Like wtf? :ahh:

36 minutes ago, Liafen said:

The Starfield part. WHY would he say that? :deadbanana4: This multi trillion $ company truly doesn’t know how to market.

12 minutes ago, JayG said:

Sony & Nintendo have always been the MPG’s so hardly surprised 🤷🏽‍♂️

japanese mindset will always be superior to american/european mindset sadly when it comes to consoles.

41 minutes ago, Liafen said:

jesus christ. that was dark as hell

the borderlands at home:

4 minutes ago, helpthomas said:

jesus christ. that was dark as hell

I mean… we all knew this YEARS ago, Sony BEEN that *****, TLOU alone

46 minutes ago, Liafen said:

japan really run video games huh

48 minutes ago, Liafen said:

:biblionny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.