Silo | AppleTV+ | Season 2 begins filming

mystery

030623_First_Look_New_Series_Silo_Big_Im

SILO - 05.05.2023.

In a ruined and toxic future, a community exists in a giant underground silo that plunges hundreds of stories deep; there, people live in a society full of regulations they believe are meant to protect them.

Rotten Tomatoes - 100% (12 reviews)
Metacritic - 79 (8 reviews)

VANITY FAIR -
"a feat of production design and is ably anchored by Ferguson, who between this and Dune may be the steely new reigning queen of sci-fi"
EMPIRE - "
there is a thrilling riddle to unfurl here, rich with real-world implications and analogies"

Season I

1. Freedom Day - 05.05.2023.
2. Holston's Pick - 05.05.2023.
3. Machines - 12.05.2023.
4. Truth - 19.05.2023.
5. The Janitor's Boy - 26.05.2023.
6. The Relic - 02.06.2023.
7. The Flame Keepers - 09.06.2023.
8. Hanna - 16.06.2023.
9. The Getaway - 23.06.2023.
10. Outside - 30.06.2023.

Edited by mystery

Just finished reading Wool about a month ago. Can’t wait to watch.  

I’m very intrigued by this

With adaptions tho it’s always such a struggle to know which to indulge in first 

The book is amazing, the whole trilogy is, cannot wait to finally see it as a show! Really excited for this.

That's one hell of a cast. Definitely going to watch this!

MadonnasBoyfriend

Remind me when it's done to watch in one sitting

73 metascore

decent

books start out well, get more boring

• 2 weeks later...

apple tv need to do a better job of promoting their shows bc nobody is talking about this but its really good, even as someone who doesn't usually love sci-fi I'm enjoying it a lot. I don't feel confused by the lore and the world building is really well done.

I'm really hooked on this! I have read the book(s) so I don't know the storyline whatsoever, but I'm finding it really gripping.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm liking-enjoying it so far, great cast, however this is the kind of show that can easily derail, it's not gonna be easy maintain the right path.

First 2 episodes: LOVED IT
The rest so far: just liking it

Once they stop focusing on the "outside" it gets a little too linear.

Really enjoying this so far but I fear an annoying cliffhanger is coming :gaycat6:

VARIETY: ‘Silo’ Renewed for Season 2 at Apple

“Silo” has been renewed for Season 2 at Apple, Variety has learned. 

The series, based on Hugh Howey’s “Wool” novel trilogy, originally debuted on the streamer on May 5, with the eighth episode set to debut on June 16. 

“It has been enormously fulfilling to see the engrossing, atmospheric and beautifully crafted sci-fi epic ‘Silo’ quickly become Apple’s number one drama series,” said Matt Cherniss, head of programming for Apple TV+. “As audiences around the world have become gripped by the mysteries and conspiracies buried within this fascinating subterranean world, viewership only continues to climb, and we are so excited for more secrets of the silo to be revealed in season two.”

As expected but understandable, a filler episode but I know the finale will be explosive and have bombshells.

The pacing for the season has been pretty good in terms of exposition and plot. I do wish they spent more time with the Beckers. The first 2 eps packed the most punch for me.

Can’t wait for ep10! 
loving this show

These last episodes have been so good, can't wait for the finale!

Its so good. Has anyone read the books to know if its following it exactly? I want to read the series. lol

On 5/5/2023 at 12:40 AM, fridayteenage said:

books start out well, get more boring

I’ve actually heard this from a few people

The show is sorta clunky with its exposition and plotting but it’s p compelling. Not sure I’ll watch another season of it but it’s solid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.