Initiative to legalize weed in Ohio on the verge of being on the ballot in November

Bears01

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com/2023/05/02/ballot-to-legalize-recreational-marijuana-could-be-on-novembers-ballot/

With Minnesota poised to be the 23rd state to legalize recreational marijuana very soon, the options of state legislatures being able to do so is shrinking (Hawaii, New Hampshire, and maybe Pennsylvania are pretty much the only states left that can do is at anytime in the near future). 

Therefore, in several states, it’s up to voters and organizers to make this a possibility, and Ohio is looking to be the state to do so, following in the path of states like Montana, Missouri, Nevada, Maine, Alaska, Arizona, Maryland etc. 

We need access to better healthcare, not legalization of a drug that people use to self medicate their undiagnosed illnesses.

1 minute ago, TiaTamera said:

We need access to better healthcare and legalization of a drug that people can use to medicate

Corrected it for you!

1 hour ago, TiaTamera said:

We need access to better healthcare, not legalization of a drug that people use to self medicate their undiagnosed illnesses.

A stupid plant like weed has ruined countless lives by being illegal and having countless minorities and working class people locked away and jailed. The more states that legalize, the better 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Corrected it for you!

:cm:

Florida mama please omg :jonny6: I didnt realize time is running out 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

Corrected it for you!

This is for recreational use. It’s been legalized for medicinal use in many places for a while now.

33 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

A stupid plant like weed has ruined countless lives by being illegal and having countless minorities and working class people locked away and jailed. The more states that legalize, the better 

:cm:

Legalizing it without proper regulation and access to proper healthcare is not for the better. This is the United States. Nothing ever is done for the greater good of the people. In a country where people have barriers to efficient healthcare, the recreational legalization of a drug that people can use to self medicate should 100% be questioned.

and yes it should be decriminalized (I don’t need to be educated on how it effected the poor/minorities, I’m Black & from NY so I know all too well about how policies like stop & frisk negatively effected Black people and Latinos of all ethnic backgrounds).

3 minutes ago, TiaTamera said:

This is for recreational use. It’s been legalized for medicinal use in many places for a while now.

A quick search into how medical marijuana has been effectively and ineffectively rolled out in the US shows that even the legalization of medical marijuana and the decriminalization of weed in general won't stop the impacts of the system of mass incarceration surrounding the drug, which then lead to people still being locked up or criminalized in other ways for even still having something 'decriminalized' or which they are supposed to be allowed as medicine.

If you want to end the system of mass incarceration built into the criminalizing of marijuana, you have to legalize it.

1 hour ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Florida mama please omg :jonny6: I didnt realize time is running out 

https://news.ballotpedia.org/2023/05/02/florida-marijuana-legalization-initiative-has-94-of-signatures-needed-to-appear-on-2024-ballot/

Y’all are just about there. 

37 minutes ago, TiaTamera said:

Legalizing it without proper regulation and access to proper healthcare is not for the better. This is the United States. Nothing ever is done for the greater good of the people. In a country where people have barriers to efficient healthcare, the recreational legalization of a drug that people can use to self medicate should 100% be questioned.

and yes it should be decriminalized (I don’t need to be educated on how it effected the poor/minorities, I’m Black & from NY so I know all too well about how policies like stop & frisk negatively effected Black people and Latinos of all ethnic backgrounds).

Sis, you don’t gotta tell me the struggles of Americans getting quality healthcare. I’m type 1 diabetic, I’ve had that struggle my whole life. Regardless, weed being legalized=a step for a better and more equitable country 

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

A quick search into how medical marijuana has been effectively and ineffectively rolled out in the US shows that even the legalization of medical marijuana and the decriminalization of weed in general won't stop the impacts of the system of mass incarceration surrounding the drug, which then lead to people still being locked up or criminalized in other ways for even still having something 'decriminalized' or which they are supposed to be allowed as medicine.

If you want to end the system of mass incarceration built into the criminalizing of marijuana, you have to legalize it.

I don’t have to do a “quick research” when I was in several meetings with the chairwoman in NY who is working on the bill for legalization/consumption/trade/sell of marijuana. I’ve been doing the research. Thank you.

you can go to www.cannabis.ny.gov if you would like more “quick research”.

and I’m not against decriminalizing it or the legalization of the use & consumption. My issue is there is no access to proper healthcare in sight. This will just create a temporary bandaid to help people with the undiagnosed (and sometimes self diagnosed) health issues to self medicate without proper treatment and care.

Marijuana is a psychedelic drug that has and will trigger psychosis and schizophrenia (in people who are predisposition to have it). Everyone propagates marijuana as this miracle drug that makes you feel good and compares it to alcohol to justify the use of it as if marijuana effects everyone the same. For some it helps with anxiety, with others it triggers it. People are operating heavy machinery and driving while and after they get high in the name of “it’s safer than alcohol”. But what about a long drive, after the high is gone and you grow tired and sleep behind the wheel? Marijuana KNOCKS people out into a deep sleep for hours. Teens are smoking it because it’s “better/safer than cigarettes” yet research shows that frequent marijuana use is not good for undeveloped brains.

Since high school (which was about 15 years ago for me) I’ve watched people hyped up marijuana only to be depressed zombies in adulthood still cheering it on stating “no one has died” and it’s “better/safer than alcohol”. I know more and more people each day who are starting to be honest with themselves about how the drug effects them and are starting to quit. On the other hand, people are starting to consume shrooms because marijuana doesn’t give them a “high enough high”.

Psychedelic drugs creates escapism. People should first figure out what they are trying to escape from before consuming a drug to fix a problem they don’t know (or “think”) they have.

4 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

https://news.ballotpedia.org/2023/05/02/florida-marijuana-legalization-initiative-has-94-of-signatures-needed-to-appear-on-2024-ballot/

Y’all are just about there. 

Sis, you don’t gotta tell me the struggles of Americans getting quality healthcare. I’m type 1 diabetic, I’ve had that struggle my whole life. Regardless, weed being legalized=a step for a better and more equitable country 

That’s cute that you believe this. Good luck :gaycat4:

2 minutes ago, TiaTamera said:

My issue is there is no access to proper healthcare in sight.

And the overlap of people who don't want to legalize weed is a perfect circle with those against M4A. 

10 minutes ago, TiaTamera said:

That’s cute that you believe this. Good luck :gaycat4:

It’s cute that I don’t believe people should be getting locked up for something that’s legal in Canada and 22 states? You do you fam 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.