• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• BrentB

• HeavyMetalAura

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

the OP and this thread are a whole mess :deadbanana2: the pick me energy is off the charts 

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

All of your posts have been real problematic @BrentB. You need to think before you post. 

Hey Ryan. I don't mean no shade, but can you tell me where exactly I was being problematic in any of my posts? Is it warnable on this forum to disagree with the rollout of Dylan Mulvaney even though you're still here for positive & effective trans representation in general? 

The whole point of starting this thread was because I was disgusted at the amount biological woman who were posting transphobic comments on this one Youtubers video. But now it turned into me being labelled a transphobe & a pick-me. It's like you can never win on this site :rip:

• ATRL Administrator
3 minutes ago, BrentB said:

Hey Ryan. I don't mean no shade, but can you tell me where exactly I was being problematic in any of my posts? Is it warnable on this forum to disagree with the rollout of Dylan Mulvaney even though you're still here for positive & effective trans representation in general? 

The whole point of starting this thread was because I was disgusted at the amount biological woman who were posting transphobic comments on this one Youtubers video. But now it turned into me being labelled a transphobe & a pick-me. It's like you can never win on this site :rip:

It’s the tone of your posts. You don’t have to like Dylan Mulvaney, but there’s a kind of nastiness and generalization that you’ve been making the echoes right wing talking points. I’m just encouraging you to listen to some of the feedback you received from other members and be mindful of that going forward. 

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, BrentB said:

to disagree with the rollout of Dylan Mulvaney

There is no “rollout of Dylan Mulvaney.” A TikTok influencer who happens to be a trans woman exists and transphobes won’t shut up about her. That is probably the context in which most people (myself included) have heard of her. I literally never hear about her in any other context. The fact that you’re parroting this idea that there is some cabal “rolling out” a trans person and shoving them down our throats is part of the problem. 

A trans person simply existing is not an issue. If you think her TikToks are cringe, that is fine. Don’t watch them. 

No of course not. No matter how sickening or beautiful a trans woman may be she will never have or be what a cis woman is.

I think the issue is the terminology was pushed too strong too fast and women are already feeling VERY SENSITIVE due to them always being under attack politically. The right is doing horrendous things to women’s rights but are trying to convince them their issue is trans women to deflect all the horrible things they are doing.

But women are waking up. My mom isn’t the biggest trans ally but even she has woke and up says who gives a ****

how a person wants to dress I’d rather a trans person use the restroom than a 10 year old be forced to birth a rape baby. 

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It’s the tone of your posts. You don’t have to like Dylan Mulvaney, but there’s a kind of nastiness and generalization that you’ve been making the echoes right wing talking points. I’m just encouraging you to listen to some of the feedback you received from other members and be mindful of that going forward. 

Mmmm as a trans person myself Dylan’s rollout was a bit MUCH. I mean power to her but they threw her to the wolves with NO MEDIA TRAINING and have her stay looking a FOOL.

She is a popcorn trans and how she became the poster child when countless way more qualifies girls have walked before her is beyond me.

Hell Kim Petra’s has a number one hit and ain’t getting nowhere near as many endorsement deals as Dylan so that should tell you something is odd.

Dylan Mulvaney is literally one of most popular content creator on TikTok. Over 10M+ followers and almost 450M+ likes on TikTok alone :priceless:

It's so weird how ATRL think that she's some nobody that suddenly just born yesterday when her popularity and influence are the reason why she got a lot of endorsement

Big brands like Bud Light could've use ultra conservatives trans women like Caitlyn Jenner or Blaire White and these women would've got the same vitriol just like Dylan currently receive, because at the end of the day, these right wing reactionaries are f*cking transphobic and don't want to treat trans people like human being + want them to not exist in the world

I'm so tired of y'all pick me behavior. I'm really am!

No. Right-wing media and politicians are pushing the narrative that trans people  are replacing cis people (and other horrible things about the trans community) in order to distract from actual dangerous rhetoric and action from republicans.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Dylan Mulvaney is literally one of most popular content creator on TikTok. Over 10M+ followers and almost 450M+ likes on TikTok alone :priceless:

It's so weird how ATRL think that she's some nobody that suddenly just born yesterday when her popularity and influence are the reason why she got a lot of endorsement

Big brands like Bud Light could've use ultra conservatives trans women like Caitlyn Jenner or Blaire White and these women would've got the same vitriol just like Dylan currently receive, because at the end of the day, these right wing reactionaries are f*cking transphobic and don't want to treat trans people like human being + want them to not exist in the world

I'm so tired of y'all pick me behavior. I'm really am!

And Blaire and Caitlyn would still find a way to defend conservatives and insist they’re “OnE oF tHe GoOd OnEs”

that is always the argument from conservatives about marriage and sexuality, now gender. bigots try to push the idea that you will lose something if someone else has rights.

47 minutes ago, blackoutbaby said:

And Blaire and Caitlyn would still find a way to defend conservatives and insist they’re “OnE oF tHe GoOd OnEs”

Exactly!

It's insane how some people in this thread basically blaming Dylan for all the backlash that trans people currently receive from jobless reactionaries just because she has a personality of annoying theater kid :skull:

Popular influencers that happen to be trans can't even exist as a human being without people treating them like some sort of political agenda. It's disgusting!

5 hours ago, BrentB said:

This isn't a dogwhistle, get a grip. It's weird and sketchy AF that Dylan's being marketed to str8 bro man's who drink beer & watch sports. Not even pop girls have ever done this b4 :rip:. And doing tampon ads when she don't be bleeding like that? Gurl :biblio: We haven't even seen the likes of Laverne Cox be this heavily pushed. And many others on here agree that somethings up with the rollout of this lady. There's just too much troll energy around her. It's not sitting well & it's giving right-wing plant tbh.

It’s not that hard to understand, brands like Bud Light have reached out to Dylan because she has over 10 million TikTok followers. You do realise that by partnering with her, the brand is trying to reach her audience, not push her onto their already existing and loyal customer base?

5 hours ago, Saintlor said:

I've been seeing this so much too, it's crazy :rip: 

Blame Roe v Wade. It has always been the conservatives' holy grail of stroking hates. Now that it is achieved, queer people become the next target for conservatives to make a fuss about in order to energize their base. Their platforms are built entirely on the hatred to others.

5 hours ago, BrentB said:

This isn't a dogwhistle, get a grip. It's weird and sketchy AF that Dylan's being marketed to str8 bro man's who drink beer & watch sports. Not even pop girls have ever done this b4 :rip:. And doing tampon ads when she don't be bleeding like that? Gurl :biblio: We haven't even seen the likes of Laverne Cox be this heavily pushed. And many others on here agree that somethings up with the rollout of this lady. There's just too much troll energy around her. It's not sitting well & it's giving right-wing plant tbh.

That's not how that works. The brands uses Dylan the influencer to have access to her base, not the other way around :rip:

Most brand marketers saw how the impressions of Bud Light skyrocket overnight and want a piece of the buzz. Like, have you ever noticed how much Bud Light is in the conversation out of nowhere?

But noooooo, it must be a CONSPIRACYYYYYYY /s

No it's a tactic to turn feminists against each other while the conservatives rush to outlaw women's rights

I mean isn’t it a common theme in general for heterosexual, white (majority Christian) folks to play victim and make one believe they are all “wolves among sheep” and whatnot? Having to “fight” for their place in a changing world as if they’re not the ones being intolerant? 

7 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

the biggest threat to women across the board are and have always been cishet men.

Exactly 

And anyway what would even be “replaced” lol the far right loooves to take a bunch of buzzwords and use them completely wrong

Also what in the world is a “roll out” of a random person? :bibliahh: 

That’s not even possible, please make it make sense. As others have said she’s just been a massive target because she’s a trans woman, especially one that’s a bit earlier in the transitioning phase compared to some other high profile trans women. And trans people in that situation always are even more of a lightning rod for hate, it’s just vile. There’s nothing else to say, there’s no agenda with her except for the right’s agenda to try and bully her off the face of the earth for simply existing and daring to be open about her identity and transition.

7 hours ago, BrentB said:

All of these issues you're seeing can be solved by just having media literacy.

1. Dylan never was the "face" of Bud Light. Her face was never sold on cans. She, as an influencer with a huge platform on TikTok, got sent one (1) can as a gift by Bud Light and did one sponsored post.
  2. Dylan never was the "face" of Tampax nor did any ads for them, including any sponsored posts. The tampax post people highlight was Dylan talking about being in women's bathrooms for the first time during her transition and deciding to carry tampons on her, for if she is ever asked by a cis woman for one, and asking her followers what type is best to carry, ie: does carrying tampons meant for a heavy flow mean it'll work for those with a light flow.

Something's "not up". You just have become the equivalent of a 60-year-old on Facebook thinking Obama is a gay lizard born in Kenya because you have poor literacy for what is fact vs fiction.

Edited by Communion

6 hours ago, BrentB said:

the rollout of Dylan Mulvaney

Even just phrasing this like you have shows you have some underlying issues with trans people. A trans woman being successful on TikTok and reaching a large audience while doing sponsored posts does not mean she had a "rollout" :biblio: referring to her as though she's some kind of industry plant when all she's "guilty" of is being herself is gross. 

There are thousands of biological women who have influencer careers like Dylan, yet don't stir this kind of controversy because people hide behind using terms like "psy-op" when really it's just that they have blatant issue with a trans woman existing. 

I feel like you know EXACTLY what I mean with a lot of my responses. I refuse to believe you're this dense. But for all intents & purposes, let me spell it out for you, like I always seem to have to for a lot of y'all :redface:

While obviously a lot of gays play minecraft & watch FIFA, those brands are unfortunately not exactly launching pads for an LGBT Tiktoker's endorsement. In an ideal world, it could be, but when most of the target audience don't want to be bothered with "woke nonsense" & just want to play games/watch sports, it's best to look into better, more profitable marketing strategies. In another game, like The Sims, perhaps?!?! :eek: I could see where a campy tiktoker like Dylan can make quite the buzz, as The Sims 4 has catered heavily into pro-LGBT content, including introducing they/them pronouns as a create-a-sim feature.

But I guess, since you most likely see no issue with the whole Bud Light fiasco, I say let's propose having Dylan's team contact FIFA next :rip:

The way you want trans and queer people to bend over backwards for bigots so we don’t affect their precious little hobbies :deadbanana: 

the rollout of Dylan Mulvaney

Jesus ******* Christ :rip:

8 hours ago, Trent W said:

The whole “replacement” argument is ridiculous imo

But also dismissing biological women do don’t like to be called “cis”, birthing person or menstruator which is a common topic when they open this discussion is also ridiculous.

Biological women who feel in disadvantaged in sports are also meant to be heard as much as trans people.

At the end of the day it’s 2 disadvantaged groups that are worth listening for a better outcome.

1)it's more than ridicolous, it's dumb and embarassing. Same level as believing earth is flat.

2) this too. And some gays men here should stop to write 3000 words essays to try to explain how women should feel about some things and some discussions are not about men.. gay men included :swan:

Edited by vale9001