Are biological woman really "in danger of being replaced?"

BrentB

I keep seeing this theme being recurrent on YouTube and Tiktok videos now. Biological woman are even going on transphobic videos and thanking the creators for "protecting womanhood & not caving into this nonsense"

Honestly I get how weird it is that they're pushing Dylan Mulvaney so hard & so fast, but I'm sorry, all of this is a MAJOR reach IMO :biblio:. A lot of biological woman are just comfortable showing their transphobia right about now. As if "birthing person" was ever going to catch on anyway :ahh:.  

Who else agrees? 

Edited by BrentB

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• BrentB

• HeavyMetalAura

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

If trans women existing is all it takes to “replace women”, then the issue is a lot bigger than trans women :rip: good God people are so insufferable these days, always wanting to be the victim when, if women are being honest with themselves, the biggest threat to their entire existence is cishet men and it has always been the case.

The fact this was a complete non-issue until a couple months ago :rip: 

Trans people have been using bathrooms and fitting in society for years until Republicans told people to be upset about it.

This whole thing is so bizarre. 

Trans people represent less than 2% of the population. 

No demographic has ever been ‘replaced’ in all of history. That’s not how it works. 

This is why I read. I am extremely concerned for humanity. There is no reason to even think about these fanatical ideas, let alone share them with other people and discuss them.

Like, I truly cannot believe a single person thinks this. The internet is worse than poison, because you can’t even blame poison. 

What exactly is being replaced...

It really is weird how the trans issue sort of has become the defining culture war of the 20s. 

A "Jews will not replace us" realness. :skull:

Trans women have existed for all of history.  Seems a bit illogical to get worked up about it now.  

the biggest threat to women across the board are and have always been cishet men.

Also, what are you watching on Tik Tok and Youtube?  All I get are videos of dogs, pop music, and hot guys.  

Just now, MingYouToo said:

the biggest threat to women across the board are and have always been cishet men.

this :clap3:

cishet men kidnap, traffic, abuse women, 

No trans women have always existed. Republicans are simply being out touch as usual and trying to divide like always. 

I do see more “straight men” dating and hooking up with trans women and fem-boys. It just seems more open in general now compared to 5 years ago. Maybe this is a good thing. 
Gen-z and millennials are far more accepting of trans women and maybe when Gen-alpha grow ups trans women will actually be seen as real women by the gp by then. 

no. it's natural to see an initial rapid increase in the popularity of an identity when you stop oppressing it. it'll plateau when we reach a point where people are allowed to be who they are freely.

left-handedness-1.png

There are BILLIONS of biological women while there’s barely millions of trans women. Humans are so f*cling stupid. It’s so annoying. 

Edited by jezebelvictoria

54 minutes ago, BrentB said:

Honestly I get how weird it is that they're pushing Dylan Mulvaney so hard & so fast,

Not the transphobic dogwhistle in the OP that is disparaging transphobia :rip:

I blame her > 

For inciting hate against her own kind

Hit send and attached the wrong tweet 

3 minutes ago, Headlock said:

@Maxxxine I saw that :)

51 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

The fact this was a complete non-issue until a couple months ago :rip: 

Trans people have been using bathrooms and fitting in society for years until Republicans told people to be upset about it.

This whole thing is so bizarre. 

This is what's crazy to me.

Even in the 1950s when Christine Jorgensen came out, the press, at least a couple articles I had seen, were entirely sympathetic to her, and described her as a "woman living in a man's body" and that her operations "corrected an error of nature". Again... This was IN THE 1950s.

Obviously prejudice has always been out there, but what the f***;has happened in all those years, leading up till now, that it has become so socially acceptable to be such a bigoted d*** to these people? Perhaps I'm being overly simplistic and not nuanced in this analogy... But it just blows my mind how much this outward bigotry has appeared to become normalized and acceptable, when comparing to all these years ago when people were first learning about what being transgender meant and seemed more curious above all else.

Obviously not. 

For sake of a more nuanced argument (even though ATRL hates those) - and I’m moreso musing rather than taking a side on this - I do see a lot of people question whether terms like “people with penises” or “people who menstruate” or “birth-giving people” are actually productive and leading to positive change. On the one hand they’re inclusive and recognize that not everyone’s identity aligns with their genitals, but on the other hand… I remember when Roe V Wade was overturned and the Twitter liberals were “correcting” people who claimed the overturning was an attack on women - which does, in a way, erase the very anti-woman sentiment that cannot be separated from the overturning. And that logic can be applied to other situations too. 

So I’m a little on the fence about replacing the words “men” and “women” with “people who have ____.” It can erase the gendered focus of some issues. 

But again, *obviously* no one is actually being replaced and it’s transphobic to even think that. 

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Not the transphobic dogwhistle in the OP that is disparaging transphobia :rip:

This isn't a dogwhistle, get a grip. It's weird and sketchy AF that Dylan's being marketed to str8 bro man's who drink beer & watch sports. Not even pop girls have ever done this b4 :rip:. And doing tampon ads when she don't be bleeding like that? Gurl :biblio: We haven't even seen the likes of Laverne Cox be this heavily pushed. And many others on here agree that somethings up with the rollout of this lady. There's just too much troll energy around her. It's not sitting well & it's giving right-wing plant tbh.

The whole “replacement” argument is ridiculous imo

But also dismissing biological women do don’t like to be called “cis”, birthing person or menstruator which is a common topic when they open this discussion is also ridiculous.

Biological women who feel in disadvantaged in sports are also meant to be heard as much as trans people.

At the end of the day it’s 2 disadvantaged groups that are worth listening for a better outcome.

Edited by Trent W

5 minutes ago, Maxxxine said:

Hit send and attached the wrong tweet 

*looks through your post history*

Mhm sure :johnald:

2 minutes ago, BrentB said:

This isn't a dogwhistle, get a grip. It's weird and sketchy AF that Dylan's being marketed to str8 bro man's who drink beer & watch sports. Not even pop girls have ever done this b4 :rip:. And doing tampon ads when she don't be bleeding like that? Gurl :biblio: We haven't even seen the likes of Laverne Cox be this heavily pushed. And many others on here agree that somethings up with the rollout of this lady. There's just too much troll energy around her. It's not sitting well & it's giving right-wing plant tbh.

Mhm, saying a popular trans online influencer documenting their journey has to be an op, that’s not a dogwhistle at all :isudumblmao: