Bud Light sales freefalling, already down 26%

PoisonPill

https://www.barrons.com/articles/bud-light-sales-dylan-mulvaney-transgender-backlash-9d426f09

XNW5AKVX7FACXC3Y2WVZMMOZMM.png

The Dylan Mulvaney controversy continues to hurt Bud Light.

Beer Business Daily reported Sunday that Bud LIght’s off-premise sales volume–the amount of beer sold outside of restaurants and bars–was down 26.1% from a year earlier in the week ended April 22, based on scan data. Volumes were down 21.1% in the prior week, while so far this year, Bud Light volumes are down 8%.

Bud Light Sales Fall 26% as Transgender Backlash Worsens 

https://www.barrons.com/articles/bud-light-sales-dylan-mulvaney-transgender-backlash-9d426f09

social

Bud Light Sales Fall 26% Amid Transgender Backlash

Bud Light's sales declines accelerated in the week ended April 22, according to Beer Business Daily

www.barrons.com

Edited by PoisonPill

This is so dumb on everyone's part. :rip: 

The lack of market research, the transphobes buying the wrong beer and destroying them... :deadbanana4:

The marketing employee who approved this has got it have been sacked :rip:

well even if their intentions were good,

what were they thinking? bud light is a beer for toxic masculinity straights

you will never see a classy, iconic lgtbq chanteuse drinking that non aesthetically pleasing looking beer 

Good. Alchohol is haram and not good for health :clap3:

This is all so incredibly stupid.

The fact that conservatives have nothing better to do than spend their days bitching and whining about a trans woman being put on a can. :gaycat6:

3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

well even if their intentions were good,

what were they thinking? bud light is a beer for toxic masculinity straights

you will never see a classy, iconic lgtbq chanteuse drinking that non aesthetically pleasing looking beer 

Bud Light have done multiple Pride flag covered cans in the past. This isn’t new. This is just aggressive transphobia. 

• ATRL Moderator

And yet their stock is still higher than where it was months ago

They’re fine

Mess. And they say that “cancelling” is a woke concept :rip:

4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Bud Light have done multiple Pride flag covered cans in the past. This isn’t new. This is just aggressive transphobia. 

It's definitely that, but some of it is also Dylan specifically. I don't think a different trans spokesperson would have elicited this extreme level of backlash. Dylan unfortunately has a very off-putting demeanor and behavior, and really does come off as a grifter who is doing bimbo cosplay to mock women. 

Edited by PoisonPill

Republicans are completely unhinged. It’s over for gay people in the USA I fear

1 minute ago, PoisonPill said:

It's definitely that, but some of it is also Dylan specifically. I don't think a different trans spokesperson would have elicited this extreme level of backlash. Dylan unfortunately has a very off-putting demeanor and behavior, and really does come off as a grifter who is doing bimbo cosplay to mock women. 

Off-putting to who though? People who didn't rock with trans people to begin with? Dylan literally has millions of fans - mostly women.

I’ve seen this narrative about Dylan creep up more and more. Is one influential trans woman that scary? 

4 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Dylan is completely harmless.

all this over sending one person a beer….******* snowflakes

7 minutes ago, LittleStarmen said:

Yes. This.

His content feels a little insulting towards women to me... Like a girls most difficult decision on life is to choose what color lipstick to wear.

However she became a bug target if right wing news becuas they feed on hate

I’m pretty sure trans people are pretty aware of facing difficulties in ones life

I swear US republicans & transphobes are scum of the earth…

Dylan still got her coins tho :clap3:

by the way alcoholics can never stay away from their favorite beer for long. Republicans will come crawling back when people move on from this stupid "controversy." :dies: 

Well their beer tastes like piss, so it’s deserved in that regard 

Dylan ended alcoholism. :clap3:

17 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Off-putting to who though? People who didn't rock with trans people to begin with? Dylan literally has millions of fans - mostly women.

I’ve seen this narrative about Dylan creep up more and more. Is one influential trans woman that scary? 

Off-putting to enough people to cause a nationwide boycott and hundreds of millions in lost revenue, unfortunately :redface:

Anecdotally, there are also plenty of trans supportive people (like myself) who find Dylan's shtick to be off-putting/creepy and griftery. And Dylan's act was just as annoying as a boy as now as a girl.

Edited by PoisonPill