• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ManDown

• Weed

• Da Vinci

• DivaCup

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep coming across songs I forgot to list on mine. This is harder than I thought. :deadbanana2:

I really hope these gems make an appearance.

RihsusChrist(ATG)
4 minutes ago, ManDown said:

I keep coming across songs I forgot to list on mine. This is harder than I thought. :deadbanana2:

I really hope these gems make an appearance.

Glad to see that some people have good taste in music ^ :clap3: I ranked "Dreams" very high in my list.

I sent my list in...I know some of the songs i sent in won't make it in the top 250, but I like those songs so that's all that matters.

Bacardo Royale
8 hours ago, ManDown said:

How would you guys feel about having 5 extra "honorable mentions" worth one point each? Since some of our songs won't rank anyway. If you guys like the idea, maybe I could roll it out towards the end. 

Also, feel free to share/discuss songs you want to see in here. 

Yes please, here for this!

I want your opinions on something. Which way would you all prefer I break the points up?

Method 1:

Going by the rules of the OP, each rank up will count as 1 point, up to 25.

Here's an example of how the top 5 would be determined.

1. Heidi Montag - Superficial - 90 points (3 people ranked as #1 [25 points each]. 1 person ranked as #11 [15 points each]) - 4 votes

2. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - 88 points (2 ranked as #1 [25 points each]. 3 ranked as #16 [10 points each]. 1 ranked as #18 [8 points each]) - 6 votes

3. Ke$ha - Tik Tok - 87 points (3 people ranked as #1 [25 points each]. 1 person ranked as #14 [12 points each]) - 4 votes

4. Michael Jackson - Thriller - 85 points (2 people ranked as #1 [25 points each]. 5 person ranked as #19 [7 points each]) - 7 votes

5. Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing) - 84 points (3 people ranked as #1 [25 points each]. 3 person ranked as #23 [3 points each]) - 6 votes

Method 2:

Instead of going by the described point values, I could do 1 point for every 5 ranks.

#25-21 = 1 point

#20-16 = 2 points

#15-11 = 3 points

#10-6 = 4 points

#5-1 = 5 points (+1 point for #1?)

Here's an example of how the top 5 would be determined.

1. Heidi Montag - Superficial - 38 points (6 people ranked as #1 [5 points each]. 2 person ranked as #9 [4 points each]) - 8 votes

2. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - 37 points (7 ranked as #1 [5 points each]. 1 ranked as #16 [2 points each]) - 8 votes

3. Ke$ha - Tik Tok - 36 points (6 people ranked as #1 [5 points each]. 2 person ranked as #14 [3 points each]) - 8 votes

4. Michael Jackson - Thriller - 31 points (6 people ranked as #1 [5 points each]. 1 person ranked as #23 [1 point each]) - 7 votes

5. Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing) - 30 points (6 people ranked as #1 [5 points each]) - 6 votes

Edited by ManDown
6 minutes ago, MP2K said:

Method 2 could save you some time, no?

True. And it could make things more based on total votes rather than just 1-2 people listing the song as their #1.

Bacardo Royale
13 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

I left out some of my more unlikely favourites in exchange for some strategic points since I knew there'd be no point wasting a vote on a song with 0 chance of getting a mention from anyone else. Not dissatisfied with what I sent so :gaycat3:

Let's keep this list CLEAN and BRITNEY SPEARS FREE!

I did this too. No point listing an obscure indie band from Scotland that ATRL has never discussesd. And yeah, the closest Britney has to a great song is her debut single and Toxic lol , but if we take away the music video it's not really that great is it? :toofunny3:

Edited by OpenBacardi

So, here's what I have so far...

• The top 5 consists of pop girls, and the songs are divided between 3 artist. But not the artists you would expect.
  • The artist with the most entries in the top 250 is Mariah Carey.
  • The pop girl with the least is Miley Cyrus.
  • The current #1 song has 72 points (going by Method 1, I haven't tried Method 2 yet).
  • 34% of the chart is male artists or male fronted groups/bands. This does not include mixed genders groups/bands (e.g. Fleetwood Mac).

Y'all better start voting so we can change this.

QGwjoB.gif

14 hours ago, ManDown said:

I've received 11 thus far in less than 12 hours.  :eek:

Sorry it's not 50 songs. I debated doing that, but thought too many people would send in 20-25 instead and throw the numbers off. I was also thinking about doing 500 songs of all time, but it would have just consisted of album tracks from the pop girls. 

25 is so little for a list of 250.

The top 205 will have a shitload of ties.

And anybody that can't list 50 songs would just be...