Fox News Poll: 83% Say Political Attacks On Trans Kids Are A Problem

Stimulus

Fox News Poll: 86% Say Political Attacks On Trans Kids Are A Problem

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anti-trans politics are woefully unpopular. Focusing on anti-trans legislation and political messaging may sink the GOP in 2024.

Over the past year, there have been clear indications that anti-trans politics do not resonate with the majority of the electorate. During legislative hearings, few individuals voice support for bills targeting transgender youth, while opposition consistently floods the proceedings. The 2022 elections echoed this sentiment, as candidates and state parties that directed their campaign spending toward anti-trans attack ads experienced resounding losses in most instances. Polls have consistently shown that the majority of people oppose legislation seeking to ban gender-affirming care for transgender youth.

A recent Fox News poll, employing a unique framing of the question, sheds light on precisely why these political attacks fail to secure victories. The survey reveals that 86% of respondents consider "politically motivated attacks on trans kids" to be a problem, with 57% characterizing these attacks as a "major problem." This data underscores the growing consensus that targeting transgender youth is not a winning political strategy.

Working link to Fox News poll

Edited by Stimulus
Corrected the author's math in the thread title. 57% + 26% = 83%. I don't think you can include the 3% who "don't know" like that.

Attacking and targeting CHILDREN is viewed as a problem among the American electorate? You don’t say….

Thats what’s always angered me the most about this GOP culture war nonsense. These are kids!

Not 43%  thinking it's no problem/small problem :deadbanana2:

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

Republicans have chosen to attack children and women as their main 2024 election strategy. I was told by ATRL that Democrats and Republicans are the exact same party. Show me where Democrats have chosen to demonize any of those two groups. :celestial5:

32 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Attacking and targeting CHILDREN is viewed as a problem among the American electorate? You don’t say….

Thats what’s always angered me the most about this GOP culture war nonsense. These are kids!

Honestly I'm surprised particular because it's talking about the politicisation of it in general including the family. A lot rhetoric makes it feel like that's what people are concerned about the most (kids transitioning too early by influence of their environment/media)

The audacity of Fox to even poll about this, when they are partially responsible for petpetuating this hate cycle.. :bam:

4 minutes ago, Reginald said:

The audacity of Fox to even poll about this, when they are partially responsible for petpetuating this hate cycle.. :bam:

Fox News Polls is probably first or second in terms of polling accuracy. - saying that, they look at the polls and are SHOCKED on TV when polls don't reflect the narrative they are pushing. 

4 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Well, they were also the first to call Arizona for Biden, effectively sealing Trump's fate. Fox actually has some of the best pollsters in the business, who are apolitical and don't report to the charlatans.

With Millenials and Gen-Z taking over, these culture war attacks are going to start having the opposite effect on republicans than they had the decade prior. 

1 hour ago, Helios said:

I was told by ATRL that Democrats and Republicans are the exact same party.

Why would people attack Democrats, asking them to be more progressive, if they were the same as Republicans?

1 hour ago, Helios said:

Republicans have chosen to attack children and women as their main 2024 election strategy. I was told by ATRL that Democrats and Republicans are the exact same party. Show me where Democrats have chosen to demonize any of those two groups. :celestial5:

Period! Especially now that the young vote will soon become THE dominating vote in the near future

5 hours ago, Mike91 said:

With Millenials and Gen-Z taking over, these culture war attacks are going to start having the opposite effect on republicans than they had the decade prior. 

:gaycatney2:100%

Most normies aren’t obsessed with trans people like what conservatives pundit such as Fox News, Ben Shapiro etc etc said they are

These whole bud light discourse also show how chronically online these right wingers are to push these culture war when most people, even regular conservatives don't give sh*t

I don't think I've ever come across anyone saying stuff about transkids like the republican politicians do. They've made that and drag queens such a spectacle that the GP realizes how much it isn't a problem 

16 hours ago, XAMJ said:

Fox News Polls is probably first or second in terms of polling accuracy. - 

16 hours ago, Desperate Fantast said:

. Fox actually has some of the best pollsters in the business, who are apolitical and don't report to the charlatans.

Interesting! I didn't know this

Not sure about this when Republicans have been fighting a massive culture war online for over a month now over a trans woman being sent a can of beer. 

• ATRL Moderator
21 hours ago, Helios said:

Democrats’ are criticized for stupidly choosing to remain silent because they think defending trans people would harm their electoral prospects. That’s the exact argument Hillary Clinton made last year.

Hillary Clinton has warned fellow Democrats that their obsession with transgender issues and defunding the police could cost the party the 2024 presidential election.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/20/hillary-clinton-dem-focus-on-activism-could-lose-election/

Actively choosing to ignore a genocide in the making is no better than actively making it happen. They’re both part of the problem.

So, yes, there is plenty of room to criticize Democrats on this issue for choosing their flawd idea of electoral success over defending a marginalized community.

whatever, that stupid ass country will vote largely for GOP, a **** hole

Majority of americans don't care about this issue and GOP is digging themselves a hole. Its not something that's going to get them to the polls.

If anything it expose that they have no real platforms on issues that impact everyone.

2 hours ago, Bloo said:

Democrats’ are criticized for stupidly choosing to remain silent because they think defending trans people would harm their electoral prospects. That’s the exact argument Hillary Clinton made last year.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/20/hillary-clinton-dem-focus-on-activism-could-lose-election/

Actively choosing to ignore a genocide in the making is no better than actively making it happen. They’re both part of the problem.

So, yes, there is plenty of room to criticize Democrats on this issue for choosing their flawd idea of electoral success over defending a marginalized community.

And I ask once again, show me a bill that has been presented by the Democrats that has negatively targeted trans youth or women. If you cant do that then don't respond to me anymore. Im not here for your games. 

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Helios said:

And I ask once again, show me a bill that has been presented by the Democrats that has negatively targeted trans youth or women. If you cant do that then don't respond to me anymore. Im not here for your games. 

Okay.

https://apnews.com/article/trans-athletes-biden-title-ix-28c6c78e9cd60a4c334de15bfdd624fe

Regardless, you cannot expect people to not correct for making things up out thin air. No one is claiming Democrats are as actively transphobic as the GOP. The criticism of them is that they are not proactively defending the trans community and that concern is perfectly valid. Stop misrepresenting legitimate criticism of politicians for no reason. 

15 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Okay.

https://apnews.com/article/trans-athletes-biden-title-ix-28c6c78e9cd60a4c334de15bfdd624fe

Regardless, you cannot expect people to not correct for making things up out thin air. No one is claiming Democrats are as actively transphobic as the GOP. The criticism of them is that they are not proactively defending the trans community and that concern is perfectly valid. Stop misrepresenting legitimate criticism of politicians for no reason. 

Nowhere in this article does it say that Biden is attacking trans kids. Try reading the thread title again. This isnt something Democrats are being blamed for in any poll. Once again Biden haters have twisted the topic into trying to blame the Democrats for everything. :ace: 

Edited by Helios

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Helios said:

And thats not what this topic is about try reading the thread title. Once again Biden haters have twisted the topic into trying to blame the Democrats for everything. :ace: 

I was responding to YOUR comment which was about that, despite the OP not mentioning Democrats or Republicans (in fact your post is the first thing to mention “Democrats”). :toofunny2: 

9 hours ago, MonsterJohn said:

whatever, that stupid ass country will vote largely for GOP, a **** hole

The GOP hasn’t won the national popular vote in like 14 years :rip: But they’ve brilliantly rigged the system so they’ll always win or at least come close even though a minority party.

11 hours ago, Bloo said:

Amen.

Especially because history shows us that it was propaganda and appeasement that preceded the Holocaust. What we are seeing right now is just the beginning of a very long and slippery slope towards that end. It's worrying and infuriating that Hilary of all people is choosing to focus on a very specific and narrow-mined view of the problem at large. But I'm not surprised that the US hasn't changed very much in the last two hundred years, Hitler drew inspiration from the Native American genocide and Jim Crow laws.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.