Is it a good idea to have an LGBT country?

BrentB

Do you think we could pull this off? Where could you see this country being founded one day?

I understand that this idea has been discussed numerous times & declared unfeasible, for the most part, but honestly, f**k that. It's not enough that we're relegated to urban areas in western countries, or blue states, in general (for those in the US). We need our OWN peace of land that we can claim ourselves on this planet tbh.

Most people can say that they have a nation they can go back to & rebuild, or just visit. But, for a lot of us, our home countries doubling down on anti-LGBT legislations recently to "stick it to the oppressive western world gay agenda" & its like you can't rely on where you are really from to respect your rights & guarantee your safety.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrentB

• Bussea

• Riverbank

• JohnWayneHolland

It's all fun and games till Harry Styles applies for a tourist visa 

If citizens have kids who are not LGBT will they be kicked out

Sounds cool at first but how is that even possible? 

I thought there was one near Australia tho

The cynic in me knows that any such country would immediately become targeted by many of the world's homophobic and transphobic countries. 

No. We would probably get invaded lmao

4 minutes ago, VOSS said:

If citizens have kids who are not LGBT will they be kicked out

Of course not, lol. It the same way you could be black, but living in a homogenous, predominantly European, society, like Finland or Germany etc.

Edited by BrentB

10 minutes ago, Lagerfeld said:

No? LGBT people are like all other people.

This. LGBT is just a catch-all term that was invented to describe anyone who deviates from sexual norms. It’s not a shared ethnicity, culture, heritage, belief system etc.

wouldn't that make us more of an easy target? 

5 minutes ago, Adrian said:

No. We would probably get invaded lmao

or bombed 

9 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Isn't this how zionism was invented? :rip:

:deadbanana2:

33 minutes ago, BrentB said:

Of course not, lol. It the same way you could be black, but living in a homogenous, predominantly European, society, like Finland or Germany etc.

If kids of queer people can stay, wouldn't that mean that either:

1. the straight population would eventually surpass the queer population since you can't predict sexual orientation

2. the population density would become unsustainable due to queer people migrating to it

Plus, where would this country be situated? Would everyone just move to a random country and kick out the local population? There's no way your plan wouldn't end in settler colonialism. :rip:

EDIT: It would also completely deplete the queer movement everywhere. Queer people packing up their bags and moving to "LGBT-land" doesn't mean future queer people are gonna stop being born in "straight" countries. What's gonna happen to them if one side stops pushing and homophobes have free reign to do whatever they want? Queer kids will have no community to support them, no representation to identify with, no leaders to look up to. :rip:

Edited by Virgos Groove

I do wonder what my life would be like if I lived in a more LGBT-friendly community.

I'm only from South London & the homophobia, transphobia etc. is bad enough here. So I really do feel for people in worse situations. I know the Caribbean is a really bad place for LGBT people.

13 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Isn't this how zionism was invented? :rip:

aSKJMHNBDHJ

Sis :deadvision:

The best option would to buy land in some empty desert in Australia or the US.

The other countries with lots of empty land are either too cold or too dangerous for LGBT people.

We couldn't steal land because the fertility rate of the country would be like 0.2 and therefore we couldn't fight for long.

How would this even be possible? What are you gonna do when someone gives birth to a straight child? :skull:

26 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

If kids of queer people can stay, wouldn't that mean that either:

1. the straight population would eventually surpass the queer population since you can't predict sexual orientation

2. the population density would become unsustainable due to queer people migrating to it

Plus, where would this country be situated? Would everyone just move to a random country and kick out the local population? There's no way your plan wouldn't end in settler colonialism. :rip:

You spilled tbh :cm:

But I take it this sort of country's main population demographic would be immigrants from anti-LGBT countries, or just LGBT people who want to be among their own, which I get still could not really sustain a nation's population. But the way I see it, anti-LGBT countries are still always going to produce LGBT people and it's looking like a lot of them might not ever change their stance for a while. So marketing would definitely have to play a MAJOR role in bringing in LGBT people to sustaining this country's population.

And if this country were to ever be established, then we would have to have the BEST security & military defence system in the world. Or we'd be naturally screwed :toofunny2:

I have thought of anti-LGBT countries, or terrorists groups, who'd inevitably feel froggy & want to nuke this hypothetical country. But if such a country is already within a country, or close enough to somewhere like the U.S, then, I'd hope maybe some protection could be afforded in that way.

Edited by BrentB

No, like diversity is the spice of life.

Imagine the pop girls concerts there :ghostface:

the Mecca of Pop 

At first thought my brain imagined a place that's only lgbt people and thought how it would be like that episode of Fairly Odd parents where everyone is the same gray blob except in rainbow form :dies:  that would be terrible :rip:

But a place where it is undoubtedly LGBT friendly & accepting and everyone excepts everyone as they are (straight people included) or they can go live elsewhere if they dont like it, sure that would be nice but its very unrealistic.

It sounds nice in theory, which is all it could probably ever be. Hateful people will always exist and if they're packed together from us they'd definitely try to attack us and take us out since we'd all be in one place together making it easier :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.