Who's more of a legend: Taylor Swift or Beyoncé?

GardenPanty

Legend status  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider more of a legend

• Taylor Swift
    • Beyoncé

Just now, blackoutbaby said:

I didn’t say anything about Taylor. I’m responding to the comment that she couldn’t even keep up with other women in her prime.

When Bey was 33 she wasn't the biggest female artist around.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• The Music Industry

• Axelios

• Solaria

24 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

It's the way they know they can't use "who's bigger" because the answer would be too obvious so instead they use terms like "who's more of a legend" :deadbanana2:

This thread argument literally has nothing to do with streams and sales and how “Omg whos more successful”. 

Beyonce will go down in the history books as one of the best females singers, ever. Beyonce will go down in the history books as one of the best live performers, ever. Beyonce will also go down as one of the most successful artists of the 21st century. 

Go use daily Spotify streams and album sales in an argument with the Navy or whatever, this is not with this thread is about. But of course, Swifties have a brain aneurysm if they can’t go 12 hours without talking about Taylor’s daily spotify streams or whatever 

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

Did you observe every country in the world and conduct surveys to reach these conclusions or it just how you "feel"?

Lemme put it like this for you.

If Beyoncé dropped B8 right now as a surprise the world would stop and EVERYONE would tune in and she’d be the talk of the town for atleast month

For Taylor it’s just… another day. Once you break that many records and everything you do is exciting.. nothing you do is exciting 

16 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Success doesn't make you a legend, why can't those (Swifties) in here see that? 

Scarlett Johansson is the highest grossing actress, is she a bigger legend than Meryl Streep? :sistrens: 

Yes but Taylor Swift is actually the combination of Meryl Streep and Scarlett Johansson, who has both awards/acclaim/influence on the industry and the next generation's artist, and as well as the success, why can't people like you in here see that? :sistrens: 

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

If Beyoncé dropped B8 right now as a surprise the world would stop and EVERYONE would tune in and she’d be the talk of the town for atleast month

For Taylor it’s just… another day. Once you break that many records and everything you do is exciting.. nothing you do is exciting 

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

She dropped B7 last year and it is not even entered the Top 20 of IFPI yearly global album chart, while Taylor broke every streaming records

Everyone is literally you and some gays in this forum

Edited by Monster Queen

2 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Dua IS a nobody in most of the world particularly in the US. She is not a nobody because of her hits but in spite of them.

I wanna know who you stan besides hiding behind Taylor for stats :deadbanana2: you can’t get THIS brave

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

So Malaysia and Phillippines are the whole of Asia now?

China’s sales do not count as they are fradulent and inaccurate, sadly!

Weren't you saying 2 minutes ago we shouldn't be looking at sales only to determine this? Yet all of the sudden we should exclude the biggest country on Earth because you happen to think their sales are fraudulent (despite the fact that they are now regulated and counted by IFPI)? It's the lack of logic for me :deadbanana2:

Also, what are you on about? It's not like Taylor is only big in Malaysia and the Phillippines. Outside of potentially South Korea (this is debatable), are you able to name a single Asian country where Beyoncé is a bigger name than Taylor Swift? I'd love to hear it! :deadbanana2:

Just now, Love Again said:

Why is the fact that everyone is tuning in to these Beyonce albums not translating to record breaking streaming debuts like for Taylor? Are all these people just talking about her music without even listening to it?

2 minutes ago, Axelios said:

When Bey was 33 she wasn't the biggest female artist around.

In my fantasy, she was. And when I’m in my fantasy, it becomes my reality

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Go use daily Spotify streams and album sales in an argument with the Navy or whatever, this is not with this thread is about. But of course, Swifties have a brain aneurysm if they can’t go 12 hours without talking about Taylor’s daily spotify streams or whatever 

Well, thank God we have more than just streams and sales since actual studies back up the claim Taylor is more admired than Beyoncé on a global scale but ok whatever you say/feel  :heart:

13 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

I guess you're right, being a legend isn't just about sales, streams, airplay, social media followings and touring stats (metrics where Taylor is way ahead). Being a legend is also about admiration. So let's factually look at who's more admired on a global scale according to actual global studies! :heart:

World's%20Most%20Admired%202021.jpg

World's%20Most%20Admired%202020-01.jpg

World's%20Most%20Admired%202019%20v2-01.png

World's%20Most%20Admired%202018-01.png

MWArank1.jpg

Most%20Admired%202015-01.png

Unfortunately, it looks like there's not a single year since they started tracking where Beyoncé was ahead of Taylor! :redface:

Wtf is this? Some random poll? Nobody cares about this. :skull: 

Just now, Monster Queen said:

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

She dropped B7 last year and it is not even entered the Top 20 of IFPI yearly global album chart 

Oh my god.

Robots and data processors have really taken over ATRL. Gone are the days of good kii posts like the Camila leaves 5H and Shakira to be killed in Saudi Arabia.

This is so sad. Pop culture is really dying… ur gonna pay for this @Taylor Swift 

3 minutes ago, Love Again said:

For Taylor it’s just… another day. 

The fantasies you create in your head :bibliahh:

Of course this thread is turning into a Beyoncé and Taylor dragfest, depending on which side the stans are on. :rip:

Why can't we just all agree both of these women are legends? It's tiring. 

Just now, Helios said:

Wtf is this? Some random poll? Nobody cares about this. :skull: 

It's a yearly study conducted in over 60 countries but sure "nobody cares about this" because it doesn't back up what you wish was the truth, right? :redface:

Just now, The Music Industry said:

The fantasies you create in your head :bibliahh:

AHHH STOP IT ROBOT!!! AHHH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD 

Just now, Love Again said:

Robots and data processors

Exactly the things which make Dua's "hits" hits.:bibliahh:

(Gosh, I really don't want to say this because I know this is stupid and delusion, but since you're the first one who comes this low so why not?)

6 minutes ago, Love Again said:

So Malaysia and Phillippines are the whole of Asia now?

China’s sales do not count as they are fradulent and inaccurate, sadly!

Fraudulent according to you? Even in terms of streaming Taylor is much bigger than Beyonce (and any other artist overall right now) in Asia.

Midnights has the largest Spotify debut for a western artist in almost all Asian countries (and most countries around the world).

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

Well, thank God we have more than just streams and sales since actual studies back up the claim Taylor is more admired than Beyoncé on a global scale but ok whatever you say/feel  :heart:

You posted a list that suggested Putin as one of the worlds most admired people :priceless: Bey has led Forbes’ list as the world’s most powerful celebrity in the past, as well as the most influential if we’re throwing lists as such into the equation. 

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

Yeah she’s “more admired” by her army of Stan’s who are obsessed with her stats more than their own personal lives (you being a prime example of just that) 

Once again: none of this has anything to do with “who’s more popular”

Swifties go a FULL DAY CHALLENGE of not taking about how popular Taylor is challenge, let’s see if it’s even possible 

Just now, Monster Queen said:

Exactly the things which make Dua's "hits" hits.:bibliahh:

(Gosh, I really don't want to say this because I know this is stupid and delusion, but since you're the first one who comes this low so why not?)

But Dua’s songs are good and better than any Taylor album and you will deal! :gayalipacat3:

When Taylor creates a pop song as good as Levitating, let me know!

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

Fraudulent according to you? Even in terms of streaming Taylor is much bigger than Beyonce (and any other artist overall right now) in Asia.

Midnights has the largest Spotify debut for a western artist in almost all Asian countries (and most countries around the world).

Are you on Taylor’s payroll? Ur an AI right? How much did she pay ChatGPT?

Can I turn you off?

Just now, BGKC said:

Bey has led Forbes’ list as the world’s most powerful celebrity in the past

As well as Taylor :rip::rip:

6 minutes ago, Love Again said:

They both released albums last year and only one had an album with enough people caring about it to literally shut down Spotify.    

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.