Who's more of a legend: Taylor Swift or Beyoncé?

GardenPanty

Legend status  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider more of a legend

• Taylor Swift
    • Beyoncé

49 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Beyoncé is "more talked about" based on what, exactly? If we look at Google Trends over the last decade, Taylor is ahead in web search, in image search, in news search and in YouTube search. Taylor is also way ahead on social media platforms like Twitter and TikTok. So again, how exactly is Beyoncé more talked about? What facts make you think that? :redface:

Beyonce doesn’t use twitter or tik tok :skull:

And she still is 10x bigger celebrity, more celebrated and known.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• The Music Industry

• Axelios

• Solaria

1 minute ago, Trent W said:

And she still is 10x bigger celebrity, more celebrated and known.:skull:

Based on what? Especially globally

Edited by Axelios

“The fact that you [Beyoncé] have paved the road that every female artist is walking down now, then the fact that you’ve done so with such kindness and such grace, I—just, to say I admire you is like, there’s just not a word for it.” -Taylor  

next case. :gaycat2:
There’s only one legend here 

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

6 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Beyonce doesn’t use twitter or tik tok :skull:

And she still is 10x bigger celebrity, more celebrated and known.

I was talking about the amounts of TikToks made about them, not TikToks made by them. Not that it matters, since Taylor is ahead in every single metric over the last decade that would indicate who is more talked about (news search, web search, image search, etc). So again, since you didn't answer, based on what exactly are you saying Beyoncé is more talked about and a "10x bigger celebrity"? I'd love to know!

Edited by The Music Industry

taylor in real life, beyoncé according to chronically online stans 

5 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

I was talking about the amounts of TikToks made about them, not TikToks made by them. Not that it matters, since Taylor is ahead in every single metric over the last decade that would indicate who is more talked about (news search, web search, image search, etc). So again, since you didn't answer, based on what exactly are you saying Beyoncé is more talked about and a "10x bigger celebrity"? I'd love to know!

It does matter, Taylor is promoting 24/7 on social media her 3 releases per year that’s why she gets more replies and interaction obviously :skull: 

11 minutes ago, Trent W said:

It does matter, Taylor is promoting 24/7 on social media her 3 releases per year that’s why she gets more replies and interaction obviously :skull: 

"Taylor is promoting 24/7" meanwhile she posted 3 TikToks since November :sad: Like I said, it doesn't matter simply because Taylor is ahead everywhere else as well anyway. For the third time, based on what are you saying Beyoncé is more talked about? Since you keep pivoting and ignoring, it seems to me like it's based on nothing at this point? Perhaps based on your personal feelings? :sad:

Edited by The Music Industry

7 hours ago, idkwiam said:

Hopefully this is your last time to put miss TINA TURNER in the same sentence as Aretha Franklin. Miss TINA TURNER didn't smash in her 40s-60s to be compared to a woman who barely had any significant achievement like miss Franklin.

Not the random Aretha drag:deadbanana4: 

21 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

:rip:

18 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

This is faulty and really depends around who you spend your time with irl. Purely anecdotal but I hang around a really diverse group of people through friends and work and Taylor is rarely if ever discussed as much as Beyoncé. I don’t think I’ve ever had a conversation about Swift with any black friends or colleagues for example. Same with Latino or Asian. :deadbanana4: But if you only hanged around a bunch of white people I’m sure that would change. :rip:

10 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

"Taylor is promoting 24/7" meanwhile she posted 3 TikToks since November :sad: Like I said, it doesn't matter simply because Taylor is ahead everywhere else as well anyway. For the third time, based on what are you saying Beyoncé is more talked about? Since you keep pivoting and ignoring, it seems to me like it's based on nothing at this point? Perhaps based on your personal feelings? :sad:

I already answered

Every single metric you are mentioning is basically the organic vs inorganic tactics they use.

Taylor is promoting all year her releases on social media with different tactics

Beyonce doesn’t do anything and gets the same attention 

Si obviously Taylor gets more interactions online in different metrics.

Bey is organic, Taylor is more inorganic.

That’s why one is already a legend and the other still has a way to go.

They're both legends in different phases of their careers and for different reasons. 

I don't think it works well to compare legends either, because most legends get to that point by achieving something unique to them as an artist. 

6 minutes ago, Trent W said:

I already answered

Every single metric you are mentioning is basically the organic vs inorganic tactics they use.

Taylor is promoting all year her releases on social media with different tactics

Beyonce doesn’t do anything and gets the same attention 

Si obviously Taylor gets more interactions online in different metrics.

Bey is organic, Taylor is more inorganic.

That’s why one is already a legend and the other still has a way to go.

Except Beyonce doesn't get the same attention as Taylor according to all metrics. And even when Beyonce was everywhere and promoting all her stuff she wasn't nearly as succesful as Taylor is right now or during 1989.

3 hours ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

But the gag is Beyoncé has sold over 300M records in her 26 year career like they really need to stop

Ofcourse, but let's completely erase this aspect to show these ignorants that being a legend isnt reduced to being on top of a Billboard list....

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

I guess Susan Boyle is a legend now 💀

Right?  :skull:

There's something about Beyoncé that many other artists lack..

The combination of BEAUTY + VOCALS + PERFORMANCE she's been offering for 25 years now...

Taylor is a talented songwriter, but Bey is a real SUPERSTAR

Taylor. 

I mean her success is organic and not PR’d like the other local lady. 

16 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Except Beyonce doesn't get the same attention as Taylor according to all metrics. And even when Beyonce was everywhere and promoting all her stuff she wasn't nearly as succesful as Taylor is right now or during 1989.

IASF was huge. I think it’s at over 20 million WW and not that far off 1989 so that is false. 

Just now, suneclipse121 said:

IASF was huge. I think it’s at over 20 million WW and not that far off 1989 so that is false. 

That's less than Fearless and 1989 and around the same as Red. 1989 is at 25 million WW and still gaining a lot of units each year given that it's still charting very high in a lot of countries around the world. 

2 hours ago, The Music Industry said:

Beyoncé is "more talked about" based on what, exactly? If we look at Google Trends over the last decade, Taylor is ahead in web search, in image search, in news search and in YouTube search. Taylor is also way ahead on social media platforms like Twitter and TikTok. So again, how exactly is Beyoncé more talked about? What facts make you think that? :redface:

real life experiences

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

That's less than Fearless and 1989 and around the same as Red. 1989 is at 25 million WW and still gaining a lot of units each year given that it's still charting very high in a lot of countries around the world. 

I think IASF is probably closer to 25 million than farther away from it at this point. :rip:Anyways I responded to that post because they said “she wasn't nearly as successful as Taylor is right now or during 1989”  which is false especially if it’s less than a 3-4 million difference. 

5 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

I think IASF is probably closer to 25 million than farther away from it at this point. :rip:Anyways I responded to that post because they said “she wasn't nearly as successful as Taylor is right now or during 1989”  which is false especially if it’s less than a 3-4 million difference. 

I don't see how IASF can be that high, it's not selling that much pure and its streaming numbers are updated. 

IASF isn't that close to 1989. In terms of pure sales it sold less than Fearless and 1989 and on par with Red despite the latter two being released in a much weaker sales environment. 

Pure album sales:

1989 10,545,000

Fearless 9,970,000

IASF 7,595,000

Edited by Axelios

2 minutes ago, Insanity said:

real life experiences

I would say Taylor Swift is a legend to the gen z crowd, so basically people who use internet 24/7

My parents don't even know who Taylor Swift is. But they do know Beyoncé.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.