Who's more of a legend: Taylor Swift or Beyoncé?

GardenPanty

Legend status  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider more of a legend

• Taylor Swift
    • Beyoncé

6 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

What an amount of bullshit :skull:

Exactly, each of your posts is either a sample of the lack of logic or a complete delusion, an amount of bullshit indeed 

6 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

OT: The landslide :ahh:

A 40/60 landslide?:ahh: Good for you then

Edited by Monster Queen

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• The Music Industry

• Axelios

• Solaria

6 hours ago, Starshine said:

The fact Bey has the global reach she has making niche R&B music and still is competing with the white pop girls is legendary. :rip: 

You can count the few black women on one hand that have reached a similar position and it’s bizarre how people still need a history lesson on anti-blackness to realize how rare of an accomplishment that is. Smokes and mirrors apparently. :skull: 

This is why Beyoncé is the winner. Her achievements are more culturally significant.

22 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

Exactly, each of your posts is either a sample of the lack of logic or a complete delusion, an amount of bullshit indeed 

The irony :skull:

The way you and your fellow Swifties are like a broken record for 12 straight pages, embarrassing yourseves and didnt ONCE provide a concrete receipt about Taylor Swift being a potential legend besides streams and sales :lmao:

51 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

The way you and your fellow Swifties are like a broken record for 12 straight pages, embarrassing yourseves and didnt ONCE provide a concrete receipt about Taylor Swift being a potential legend besides streams and sales :lmao:

The way you just came in and start to say nonsense about Taylor and didn't ONCE provide a concrete receipt why Taylor is not a legend. I have at least ten posts to explain why Taylor is a legend and you ignore it like you're blind. Suddenly the streams and sales are not important, the influence on the industry is not important, the ability to make one of your copycats a superstar is not important, 3xAOTY and other awards are not important, being a songwriter who can write both hits and acclaimed albums is not important, being the biggest tour power is not important, the only important thing that defines a legend is being a vocalist/better performer according to you and your fellow hives. :rip: You can't find anything that exists in reality even the nonsense Forbes list to prove Beyonce is bigger than Taylor, so you start to say bullshit like this. You can just say Bey is a bigger legend and gracefully talking about how great she is, that's okay, but you really don't need to say this mindless nonsense to embarrass yourself

Edited by Monster Queen

If we speak logically Beyonce would become a legend first she debuted almost 10 yrs w Destiny's Child before Swift. This thread is pretty pointless and I can't believe its 13 pages 

3 hours ago, directionlockerlock said:

How is this not considered racist? The double standard :rip: Don't even try to say it isn't when there would be 18 quotes in 5 minutes if the roles were reversed

I wonder when ppl will stop attacking others for their skin color...?

OT: Taylor of course :dies:

Attacking her skin quality due to age =/= attacking her skin color. :rip: 

Y’all want white ppl to be oppressed so bad but feel free to have ur moment. :lmao:

Beyonce because she's been around almost 10 years before Taylor Swift

17 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

the only important thing that defines a legend is being a vocalist/better performer according to you and your fellow hives. :rip: 

See? This is why nobody is taking you seriously in this thread.

You cant even understand that these are the most important facts to be considered a legend :toofunny3:

James Brown,Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Jimie Hendrix, Janis Joplin never had huge sales, it's their ability to sing, to perform, to play instruments exceptionally that led them to the legendary paths.

Do you think the Beatles,Madonna,Michael to cite more popular figures became legends because they had hUgE sALeS or because of their uniqueness? 

I wont reply anymore cause it's a total waste of time. Taylor Swift is one giant McDonald firm that will have no tangible legacy in 40 years besides popularity. and the audacity that some of you put her on a Joni Mitchell level is the most delusional thing ever :deadbanana4:

20 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

According to who? :rip: Based on what fact?

20 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

You cant even understand that these are the most important facts to be considered a legend :toofunny3:

James Brown,Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Jimie Hendrix, Janis Joplin never had huge sales, it's their ability to sing, to perform, to play instruments exceptionally that led them to the legendary paths.

Do you think the Beatles,Madonna,Michael to cite more popular figures became legends because they had hUgE sALeS or because of their uniqueness? 

I wont reply anymore cause it's a total waste of time. Taylor Swift is one giant McDonald firm that will have no tangible legacy in 40 years besides popularity. and the audacity that some of you put her on a Joni Mitchell level is the most delusional thing ever :deadbanana4:

Just like you what you've said, Beyonce can sing and perform is extraordinary, so Taylor can play instruments, and has the ability to write songs alone is not? You can say her song is basic or whatever based on your own opinion, but it seems like the critic has a completely different opinion cause most of them say Taylor is one of the most talented songwriters nowadays. Not surprised that a Beyhive like you being so arrogance living in your own delusion, believing that you're the center of the universe whose opinion always matters the most

I won't reply to you anymore too, cause it's a total waste of time. You literally say Taylor Swift doesn't have uniqueness while the way she becomes the biggest popstar in the world from a country singer-songwriter is one of the most unique things in the music industry EVER, cause you can't even name another artist who has the same career trajectory like her. Not to mention you can directly identify her songs with the lyrics of strong personal style, that's so-called uniqueness, and you don't even need to like her to admit this :rip: Saying Taylor Swift only had huge sales and not have uniqueness is literally the most delusional thing ever :deadbanana4:

Edited by Monster Queen

in my opinion, its clearly beyonce because she carries herself like a legend. taylor still carries herself as the teenager girl next door. thats the biggest difference between the two. 

6 hours ago, byzantium said:

This is a strange response.  You switch your argument and agree with me that both artists have respected and acclaimed albums, but then come up with some strange hypothetical what if scenario to continue to discredit the other artist.  

Why is it so hard for y’all to accept that other artists can also be legends?  

Because I do think Taylor is on track to be a legend some day and she definitely has some high points in her career that are legendary.

She just needs to stop releasing albums like midnights and lover and release more albums like Folklore and Evermore. Not that pop is bad, but the content was much better in those eras

Compared to Beyonce which is what this thread is comparing she is still far behind.

Bey is a much bigger legend as of now.

6 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

As a black person, Formation is not exactly a great song lol..

”I got hot sauce in my bag, swag” is no less cringe than shade never made anybody less gay. Bey is definitely a lot more political and you’re right, she has a lot more obstacles to overcome as a black woman, but that example of a song about activism wasn’t that great :deadbanana: 

Silly lyrics or not Beyonce created a lot of conversation and controversy with the track.

It was headline after headline in 2016.

That is the difference between Bey and Taylor. Beyonce is a lot more talked about and people take her content more seriously.

That is one of the clear reasons why Bey is a much bigger legend.

3 minutes ago, Trent W said:

That is the difference between Bey and Taylor. Beyonce is a lot more talked about and people take her content more seriously.

Is she? Most of the world doesn't care that much about Beyonce.

12 minutes ago, Trent W said:

She just needs to stop releasing albums like midnights and lover and release more albums like Folklore and Evermore. Not that pop is bad, but the content was much better in those eras

So in order for her to become a legend she needs to drop albums that you specifically like? 

Midnights was very well received by both the public and critics and Taylor never released an album as bland as I Am... Sasha Fierce.

Edited by Axelios

Swifties in here are really struggling wow :rip: 

OT: Beyoncé by far as the poll correctly states :clap3: 

2 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

But the gag is Beyoncé has sold over 300M records in her 26 year career like they really need to stop

Edited by QueenBeyoncé

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

That is one of the clear reasons why Bey is a much bigger legend.

Beyoncé is "more talked about" based on what, exactly? If we look at Google Trends over the last decade, Taylor is ahead in web search, in image search, in news search and in YouTube search. Taylor is also way ahead on social media platforms like Twitter and TikTok. So again, how exactly is Beyoncé more talked about? What facts make you think that? :redface:

The fact is no matter how many records Taylor sells she’ll be remembered as a Céline Dion type of figure, big seller and very popular while Beyoncé will always have a much bigger grasp on the culture, will always be seen as the more creative artist and visionary.

No record sales, YE placements, Spotify streams, tour sales, IFPI placements, vinyl sales, etc will change that.

Take your loss, Swifties. You ain’t winning this one :gayalipacat3:

10 hours ago, XtunaStan said:

@WeFoundTrouble yeah plus only Beyoncé exhibits that visionary genius and creative force only seen in legends like Madonna and that sets her apart for all her contemporaries as well as the popgirls that came afterwards.

What visionary genius? If her work is so prolific why is no one recreating it, why is no one trying to expand on it? Once again you just say things as if that makes them true, she serves very basic visuals but white gays on this forum get swept up in the “queen B I’m a bad *****” attitude and think that means anything more outside this forum. No one talks about her outside of Stan twitter and news articles that people got sick of for over hyping where she is 💀 if Beyoncé disappeared tomorrow I can’t think of a body of her work still talked about 50 years from now, it isn’t even talked about TODAY outside of twitter circles

21 minutes ago, Love Again said:

The fact is no matter how many records Taylor sells she’ll be remembered as a Céline Dion type of figure, big seller and very popular while Beyoncé will always have a much bigger grasp on the culture, will always be seen as the more creative artist and visionary.

No record sales, YE placements, Spotify streams, tour sales, IFPI placements, vinyl sales, etc will change that.

Take your loss, Swifties. You ain’t winning this one :gayalipacat3:

Considering the world listens to what Taylor has to say then Beyoncé I would say it's the opposite 

You all live in imaginary world atp

4 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

I guess Susan Boyle is a legend now 💀

Beyonce has had over 25 years to build a legacy and solidify herself as a legend.

Taylor Swift is also on path to become a legend as well.

That's my take on this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.