Who's more of a legend: Taylor Swift or Beyoncé?

GardenPanty

Legend status  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider more of a legend

• Taylor Swift
    • Beyoncé

As the music industry continues to evolve, there are countless artists who have made significant contributions to the industry. Among these are Taylor Swift and Beyoncé, who have both become household names. However, the debate on who is more of a legend between these two artists is a topic that sparks a lot of discussion.

With Taylor Swift being a successful singer-songwriter, and Beyoncé being a renowned singer, songwriter, actress, and advocate, it's clear that both artists have made significant contributions to the industry. But who do you think deserves the title of legend? Is it Beyoncé, who has won 29 Grammy Awards and has become an icon in popular culture, or is it Taylor Swift, who has won 12 Grammy Awards and has been praised for her songwriting abilities?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• The Music Industry

• Axelios

• Solaria

1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Beyoncé.

:heart: :clap3: 

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

Beyoncé.

1 minute ago, Bicassie said:

Beyoncé easily

Midnights first week sales - 1.14mil

Renaissance first week sales - 332k

I must say it's quite impressive that Taylor Swift is outselling legends :clap3:

Both and y’all are pathetic for trying to tear down one to uplift another 

The one that has more sales, more streams and more touring demand. The rest are just opinions and undefined concepts.

Both women are at the very top of the game for this generation. We should be thankful to be in the age where we can witness these two amazing artists sprouting and becoming the music legends they are going to be. :clap3:

I'd say that Beyoncé being in the game for longer makes her "more" of a legend (I don't really like the idea that someone is more of a legend than someone else, for me you are a legend or you're not). I feel like in the case of Taylor, we'll have to wait for her to slow down success-wise for people to actually recognize and acknowledge how much impact and influence she had. 

Beyoncé.

3 minutes ago, KKW said:

Taylor isn’t a legend

So now the artist won 3xAOTY, has 5x 1 million debuts, the biggest tour, biggest streams, directly made the superstar of the new generation, most successful female singer-songwriting in history is not a legend? Wow:rip:

Edited by Monster Queen

littlebodybigheart

taylor obviously

unless you’re like 30+

Edited by littlebodybigheart

The fact that Beyonce is in the conversation when she's the one whose over 40 and 25 years in the game. Who else? Madonna maybe? 

Taylor Swift, going by every objective metric. Especially globally.

When Beyoncé was Taylor's age, she couldn't even keep up with other female artists of her time, let alone the male artists. Taylor meanwhile is running the whole game, among all men/women/groups etc. :clap3:

Beyoncé came like 7 years before Taylor/Rih/Gaga/Katy and they cite her as a influence and now we’re in another generation that cite them same people as influences along with Beyoncé still. 

Both are significantly more qualified for legend status than whoever it is you stan, user GardenPanty (based on your username, I'm gonna guess Lady GaGa, who is nowhere near Taylor or Beyonce's tier of legend status)

There's no reason comparing or contrasting two legends or forcing them to compete - they have different strengths in different areas, and both outstrip Lady GaGa (if the OP stans someone else then I do apologise to the Monsters). 

Taylor Swift is a legend and will surpass Madonna as the most successful woman in music FOREVER this decade. 

26 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Taylor Swift, going by every objective metric. Especially globally.

When Beyoncé was Taylor's age, she couldn't even keep up with other female artists of her time, let alone the male artists. Taylor meanwhile is running the whole game, among all men/women/groups etc. :clap3:

The way this isn’t even true :ahh:

Y’all just come on atrl and lie. Show actual receipts and numbers before you wanna claim this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.