Millennials and Gen Z prefer Mexican food over Italian in the US

Paparazzaid

I believe it.

But asian-anything food is kinda here to stay. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc, there's always a new one everywhere!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• shyboi

• Walk_Away21

On 5/8/2023 at 12:35 PM, -brian said:

You guys are ******* ridiculous thinking you can’t find authentic Mexican food in the US :ahh: 

Yeah this is absurd. I've been to Mexico several times and still have spots in major cities (DC, NYC, LA) where I can get authentic Mexican, made by people who have owned restaurants in Mexico and make it the same way as what I've eaten there :skull: Their logic is so funny because of course Taco Bell and Chipotle are Americanized but that's all they think we have here so they can't wrap their mind around it. Food snobs who judge America haven't spent any actual time here, it's not like there's more authentic secret ingredients in Mexico or Italy that aren't allowed over the U.S. border to cook here :deadbanana4:

Edited by Beyonnaise

8 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Yeah this is absurd. I've been to Mexico several times and still have spots in major cities (DC, NYC, LA) where I can get authentic Mexican, made by people who have owned restaurants in Mexico and make it the same way as what I've eaten there :skull: Their logic is so funny because of course Taco Bell and Chipotle are Americanized but that's all they think we have here so they can't wrap their mind around it. Food snobs who judge America haven't spent any actual time here, it's not like there's more authentic secret ingredients in Mexico or Italy that aren't allowed over the U.S. border to cook here :deadbanana4:

the corn tortillas ain't the same, the peppers ain't the same

is like coca-cola, it taste different from country to country even tho they are made by the same company 

3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

the corn tortillas ain't the same, the peppers ain't the same

is like coca-cola, it taste different from country to country even tho they are made by the same company 

You've been to every Mexican restaurant in the United States? :eek:

16 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

You've been to every Mexican restaurant in the United States? :eek:

no, but been to a lot 

not even the ones near to the borders get there in taste sis 

there might be a few places here and there but that doesn't mean real mexican food is like highly available in every corner of the US. 

3 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

This isn’t true. Every iteration in the US is actual garbage. Not to mention the food quality is so bad because the US pumps so much chemicals into their produce. There’s a reason why a lot of US foods are banned in other countries. The amount of chemicals degrade the food quality. Let’s just say you shouldn’t go to the US for authentic food from other countries. 

I like Mexican, but growing up in a Mexican household, there was a period of time where I got really sick of it cause I ate it every day for dinner. That never happened with Italian.

Both are talent but I honestly have to give the slight edge to Italian. Even low quality Olive Garden “Italian” is good enough to eat, but I can’t stomach trash like Chipotle. Authentic dishes from both cuisines are excellent tho and stomp on 99% of the other girls.

Also tortillas are definitely 100% better in Mexico, particularly the flour ones in Sonora

Literally the most addicting thing ever

Mexican food in America sucks so much. They put cumin seeds in everything. A nightmare

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.