Millennials and Gen Z prefer Mexican food over Italian in the US

Paparazzaid

On 4/28/2023 at 7:28 PM, Breathe On Moi said:

italian food is honesty so fattening and carb overloaded, there’s no way to edit.

mexican food is versatile af and you can edit to fit your diet if need be, it’s always giving 

This, less carbs

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ariananext

• shyboi

• Walk_Away21

Mexican is my least favorite Latin cuisine. Just really love like two or three things:rip: Colombian cuisine completely washes Mexican food and it’s not even close. 

Americanized Italian is alright. I just know I would love the authentic cuisine a lot more than the Americanized version.

I think Asian cuisine towers over the others though. 

Edited by suneclipse121

Only a Peruvian would say Mexican isn’t the best Latin American cuisine in the world, and too bad nobody agrees with that :mandown:

OT: too bad Americans don’t get actual Mexican food, which is more than tacos and burritos. You probably will never get to taste some of the countless dishes moms cook on a regular basis at Mexican homes :weeps:

Americanized Italian food is overrated and not that good tbh

Mexican food is definitely better 

2 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Omg slay! I couldn’t fully live on the coast tho after going there. The traffic in the summer has to be hell on earth. I did love St Agatha tho. And I would be too scared to drive in Naples. It was ******* chaos lmao.

Yeah :ahh:  we usually go there at night to party or during spring/fall days, it's quite messy in the summer although most of us go by scooter so it's much easier to get around if we want to go during peak season!

Good

I'm italiphobic

the abomination americans call italian food is a mess any way.

americans should be much more familiar with actual (good) mexican food on average so that makes sense.

italian outserved tho :bird:

Italian >>>

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/28/2023 at 12:41 PM, shyboi said:

mexican food is the best food in the world and guacamole is the #1 vegan dish in the world

love me some carnitas, tamalos, taquizas, birria y burritas :giraffe:

preach :clap3:

10 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Only a Peruvian would say Mexican isn’t the best Latin American cuisine in the world, and too bad nobody agrees with that :mandown:

:deadbanana2:

Mexican by far. Also remember tomatoes originally were first domesticated and cultivated in Mexico, the taken to Europe by the Spanish...so Italian food would be way different itself without Mexican influence.

26 Fact About Tomatoes - Origin And History [2023] (blogdigger.com)

The first tomatoes were found in South America, Mexico, and Central America. The Mexican Nahuatl word tomatl gave rise to the Spanish word tomate, from which the English word tomato derived. Its domestication and use as a cultivated food may have originated with the indigenous peoples of Mexico.

Brought to Europe by the Spanish when they colonized the Americas — it's an Aztec plant, as we can tell by its original name, “tomatl” — by the mid-1500s, it had made its way to Italy.

10 hours ago, DUA LIPA said:

the abomination americans call italian food is a mess any way.

americans should be much more familiar with actual (good) mexican food on average so that makes sense.

italian outserved tho :bird:

You could compare the food in Italy if you like, Mexico still wins this. 

17 minutes ago, LatinFreak said:

Mexican by far. Also remember tomatoes originally were first domesticated and cultivated in Mexico, the taken to Europe by the Spanish...so Italian food would be way different itself without Mexican influence.

26 Fact About Tomatoes - Origin And History [2023] (blogdigger.com)

The first tomatoes were found in South America, Mexico, and Central America. The Mexican Nahuatl word tomatl gave rise to the Spanish word tomate, from which the English word tomato derived. Its domestication and use as a cultivated food may have originated with the indigenous peoples of Mexico.

Brought to Europe by the Spanish when they colonized the Americas — it's an Aztec plant, as we can tell by its original name, “tomatl” — by the mid-1500s, it had made its way to Italy.

Sure but limes, pork, rice and many other ingredients are not indigenous to Mexico so Mexican food would be a lot different too. 

26 minutes ago, byzantium said:

You could compare the food in Italy if you like, Mexico still wins this. 

yeah..  

to-you.gif 

I feel like I can quench my desire for Italian at home roasting garlic and a nice olive oil, etc. But I don't know, something nice about Mexican food & drink in a restaurant that I am unable to replicate at home. 

I mean Mexican food is the best :cm: 

South/East Asian food >>>>

On 4/29/2023 at 7:22 PM, Bussea said:

they call you a fat clogged artery diabetic ass *****. i wouldn’t take that tbh u should take a plane and go fight them and record it and post it in the roof smh what’s your address @Starfish he wanna fight

530 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy S, Lake Delton, WI 53965

Come and see about me 

On 5/1/2023 at 11:15 PM, DoubleRainbow! said:

They hate to see it :gaycat5:

2 hours ago, Starfish said:

530 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy S, Lake Delton, WI 53965

Come and see about me 

period bestie i’m on your side xoxo

I can't believe this thread is still going on :deadbanana:

Italian food in the us isn't italian food tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.