The National f/ Taylor Swift - “The Alcott”

Michael196

They keep releasing flop songs that don’t win Grammys when that is the intention. :dies:

I really hope she keeps working with them in the future, maybe more significantly on her next album of new material now that she's gotten a blockbuster pop era out of her system.

Maybe it's because it sounds so much like an Evermore track, but I like this even more than Renegade and Birch, which were actual offshoots of that album. Not sure if I like it quite as much as Carolina, but second place out of the four post-Evermore songs that still share its sounds but aren't on a full Taylor album is pretty good.

It's also always nice to get more of her work with Aaron and his associated acts, since we only got three (extremely good) tracks with his work on Midnights (ans Hits Different I guess). I know she talks about Jack being "musical family," and I do love what he's done with her, but I wouldn't be mad at another album primarily made between her and Aaron - there's an entirely different kind of magic there and I need so much more of it.

This song HITSSSSSS! Also, everyone keeps saying "Renegade" and it reminds me of that TikTok dance song lol. Dancing Alien Area 51 GIF by Pastelae

Collaborations with dessner are good for her albums where She writes on his music and productions. The mix between his world and her pop taste Is really magic (She is also able to write her very recognizable bridges on his music and they don't feel forced).

When she just collaborate with dessner on his material they sound as everybody else in their record. Taylor doesn't feel like out of Place but neither She puts something new on dessner music like She did with folkmore. So at the end not bad songs but very average. 

best song in album hand down, the fact that taylor is best contribute to that tragic album is... :coffee2:

this was pretty but not breathtaking to me tbh. Felt a little vapid and idk why because this is the type of sonic palette I love most when done by Taylor. Still a solid track overall

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.