Bernie endorses Biden for President

Kassi

Our father of modern day progressivism, whom I've never slandered, shared that he will be endorsing President Joe Biden in his 2024 re-election bid.

NEW YORK (AP) — Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont said Tuesday that he would forgo another presidential bid of his own and instead endorse President Joe Biden’s reelection.

The leading progressive, who was Biden’s chief rival in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, told The Associated Press that he would “do everything I can to see the president is reelected.”

“The last thing this country needs is a Donald Trump or some other right-wing demagogue who is going to try to undermine American democracy or take away a woman’s right to choose, or not address the crisis of gun violence, or racism, sexism or homophobia,” Sanders said in an interview. “So, I’m in to do what I can to make sure that the president is reelected.”

https://apnews.com/article/bernie-sanders-biden-endorsement-2024-d8f0772b117e2bf83e1062708ea651c0 

Love this man! :heart:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• AMIT

• Helios

• rihannafan

eABfDHk.gif

I'm too tired for a Spring 2016 revisit, I became so tired of this place and avoided it for weeks. Let me grab some popcorn.

• ATRL Moderator

Good! Hopefully this helps snap leftists out of whatever Bernie-obsessed trance they might be under so we can move on from him. 

It's over for the crystal lady :ahh:

a good move. no need to draw out the inevitability of Biden being the Dem nominee.

Edited by WildAmerican

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

Good! Hopefully this helps snap leftists out of whatever Bernie-obsessed trance they might be under so we can move on from him. 

Are we going to get a percentage breakdown soon though of whether they move on, when, and to who they're moving on TO. That's the question.

This narrative is taking up way too much oxygen that needs to be redirected almost entirely to young black voters despondence in the Upper Midwest and Atlanta and any Latinos (especially in Las Vegas based on the battleground breakdown) that value economic issues in Unionizing over Right-to-Work and over the social conservatism they're normally said in common narratives to hold on abortion.

I realize Biden's the elephant in the room that's tough to avoid conversation on which depresses down-ballot turnout, but there may still be hope for enough downballot turn-out (even if the top is left blank) when it comes to birth control and abortion, even from men of color. I would bring up student loans, but Biden failed miserably on that topic despite fervent supporters here insisting he tried his hardest on it at SCOTUS, which he objectively didn't. 

an incumbent president being endorsed by a politician affiliated with the incumbent president’s political party? I am shocked

As a latino I understand why he did it. But I trust Bernie judgement. I think Bernie running for president again will too much for him. I mean he did have a heart attack last cycle. 

maybe AOC or another progressive will run in 2028.

but this also tells me there is no chance Mariam Williamson has a shot then.

Edited by Happylittlepunk

#Marianne2024

060YF1E.gif

6 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

As a latino I understand why he did it. But I trust Bernie judgement. I think Bernie running for president again will too much for him. I mean he did have a heart attack last cycle. 

maybe AOC or another progressive will run in 2028.

but this also tells me there is no chance Mariam Williamson has a shot then.

AOC is as credible and electable as Williamson. Which is to say, not at all. :ahh: 

Bernie spoke the language of the people and that was the strength of his campaign. People knew his heart. AOC embraces academic terms like “Latinx” that alienate the median voter. Higher office of any kind is not in her future. She would flop in a statewide race IN NEW YORK. A National campaign would be an utter embarrassment for her.

Rolling over to die before anyone even asked him to start. Why would anyone be surprised? A useless endorsement that calls his judgment into question anyway.

Our father of modern day progressivism,

Who Said That GIF - Who Said That Who Asked GIFs

Bernie is not anti-capitalist, therefore he is noT progressive just because he is to the left of the general american politics window. :coffee2:

Just now, Nano said:

Social democracy is dead.

as it should be (sadly it isn't though, nor is the support for it) :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.