PJ Harvey - 'I Inside the Old Year Dying'

kyliefever2002

is she using one of the dialects of english? becuse what the f is she singing about? also lyrics are up on genus

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kyliefever2002

• 4Walls

• drip drop

• Kern

14 minutes ago, drip drop said:

is she using one of the dialects of english? becuse what the f is she singing about? also lyrics are up on genus

the album is a companion piece to her poetry book "orlam", which is written in dorset dialect, and all the lyrics are from poems in it

• 1 month later...

Two singles coming in the second week of June

PJ Harvey - I Inside the Old Year Dying \ 1:52 
PJ Harvey - I Inside the Old I Dying \ 3:08 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 10:17 AM, sam.teas said:

Two singles coming in the second week of June

PJ Harvey - I Inside the Old Year Dying \ 1:52 
PJ Harvey - I Inside the Old I Dying \ 3:08 

Plans apparently changed and only I Inside the Old I Dying will be released :celestial2:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

Plans apparently changed and only I Inside the Old I Dying will be released :celestial2:

Well, one is better nothing I guess :rip:

32 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

Queen is going to deliver AOTY. I just know it :jonny5:

Just heard the songs. Both sound great tbh.

• 5 weeks later...

I_Inside_1500px_300dpi-1-1687977351-870x

Out July 7th

Poor PJ just noticed no one made a thread for her new album :deadbanana2:the queen of alt rock doesn't deserve to be disrespected like that even if this album isn't one of her best

My queen :jonny5: I really like what I've heard so far but it is kind of weird and you really need to be in the mood. 

wtf are these track titles…

23 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

wtf are these track titles…

this is a dialect

One of my favorite songs this year! The album is not my favorite, though, but it's still better than a lot of releases this year. 

Don't sleep on this album. It's her best work since England and it's giving To bring you my love, not in sensual sense but sonically it's kinda surreal but interesting. I didn't even listen to the last 3 songs yet on my walk but it already made me want to go to her concert

Edited by the70s
  • Like 1

This seems quite special. The misty sonic landscape is so layered and detailed, I already want to delve deeper. And the melodies! They have this dreamy and nostalgic quality, but with a creepy shiver underneath, like twisted nursery rhymes from a distant past.

Light a bonfire and go dancing under the moon, hags.

• ATRL Moderator

I thought it was a good album, I like it about equal to hope six which I think was underrated.  So, better than white chalk and uh huh her but not as good as her classics.  Best song was the last one.  

8 hours ago, LanaDelRey said:

I_Inside_1500px_300dpi-1-1687977351-870x

Out July 7th

Poor PJ just noticed no one made a thread for her new album :deadbanana2:the queen of alt rock doesn't deserve to be disrespected like that even if this album isn't one of her best

i did 

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

i did 

Oop I’ll combine the two 

I'm enjoying this! It's not one of her best albums but it's lovely.  Prayer at the Gate is my initial fave. 

Idk how to rank it in her discography because it's like an autobiographical fairytale? Like it feels way too personal and different to all her other work to even fit into her canon. They aren't structured songs but poems brought to life, and THIS is how you do a poetry album because every single one has incredible atmosphere and narrative to it if you dig into the lyrics and really pay attention to how she's singing & what the instruments are trying to tell you in relation to all the other songs. It's dense as hell and I don't expect people to take to it kindly. It'll be weird to see her tour it, especially after the very conventional (for her standards) Hope 6. 

I do really like it though. Prayer At The Gate, Noiseless Noise, Seem An I, All Souls and I Inside The Old I Dying are like... wow. She remains a genius and a treasure and I hope we don't have to wait another 7 years for the next one, judging from the press she's done she seems quite satisfied and rejuvenated with music after getting exhausted by the Hope 6 tour. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.