Spotify active users grow to 515M, paid users over 210M

Carry My Heart

Spotify monthly active users grew by 26 million during the first quarter this year to bring the total number of active users on the world’s most popular audio streaming platform to more than half a billion, the company reported on Tuesday.

...the 22% year-over-year uptick in monthly active users, bringing that figure to 515 million, beat Spotify’s earlier guidance and was helped by higher renewals than the company predicted. Premium subscribers rose by 15% to 210 million, compared to 182 million a year ago (and 205 million last quarter), and ad-supported users rose 26% to 317 million from 252 million a year ago (and 295 million last quarter).

Source

Just now, magazine said:

But have they finally made profit?

$3 billion in revenue per the article.

The fact that they've reached 100 million paid users april 2019, exactly 4 years ago. 

it's really kinda unfair to compare streaming stats of those who peaked in 2015-2019 from those who are peaking now, interesting. this gives a great perspective 

Edited by Selegend

5 minutes ago, Selegend said:

The fact that they've reached 100 million paid users april 2019, exactly 4 years ago. 

it's really kinda unfair to compare streaming stats of those who peaked in 2015-2019 from those who are peaking now, interesting. this gives a great perspective 

but during those years YouTube is still big and a lot of artist can easily pulling 1B streams...

18 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

$3 billion in revenue per the article.

revenue isnt net profit tho. net profit = revenue - expenses

8 minutes ago, Delirious said:

revenue isnt net profit tho. net profit = revenue - expenses

Right :toofunny3: BB didn't cite any figures besides overall revenue and user growth, so I just latched onto whatever. Here's a more elucidating Statista study.

Edited by Carry My Heart

No wonder Taylor is pulling 70m streams daily they streaming up a storm :jonny6:

40 minutes ago, magazine said:

"However, the company continues to lose money, reporting a loss of €225M ($248M) for the quarter." Source.

Edited by getBusy

But ATRL told me that everyone was migrating to Apple Music, what went right?

Spotify users won :clap3:

22 hours ago, magazine said:

lol MTE

9 hours ago, Wizard said:

how can a company stay operational if it loses hundreds of millions a year :rip: can someone educate me pls 

they have a lot of investors and the company is highly valued due it having so many users + paid subscribers. the company is expected to start making profit at some point, although god knows when that will be. some people think streaming services will collapse before they get to making profits, but at the moment they run on the promise to their investors based on stable/growing user base.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.