• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClashAndBurn

• Vermillion

• Bears01

• Hannah Hunt

27 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I maintain my prediction that there will be a Ross Perot third-party spoiler this election. It’s still early, and a lot of factors can change. The large majority of people do not want either Biden or Trump, and there is a lot of appetite for something else.

Biden will lose handily to DeSantis AND Trump if a third-party candidate reaches as strong of numbers as Ross Perot did, period.

Neither the Green Party candidate or Libertarian is going to be making Ross Perot numbers. So it comes down to who hypothetically would be running as a independent, and then, who would make enough traction to be a spoiler simply as a protest message, not a viable candidate, since I don't see anyone making that happen.

Ignoring that he was a Green member, the apt comparison is Ralph Nader, NOT Ross Perot.

I've been consistent on this forum as being firmly against the Chaos theory Susan Sarandon promoted in 2016 on Chris Hayes show to write-in Bernie as opposed to staying home or holding their nose for Hillary because her idea was to hasten collapse to pull centrists and the Overton Window further left, which struck me as intense hubris as she wouldn't be affected by the fallout, environmentally, financially, or socially.

1 minute ago, brooklyndaddy said:

So tell me ClashAndBurn! When it’s Trump and Biden on the ballot, who are you voting for? 

Depends on how much my vote ends up counting. Leaning towards leaving my presidential vote blank if Biden is polling as poorly in my state as Hillary was in 2016 since my vote wouldn't matter anyway.

I genuinely have nothing but spite for the Democratic Party now and hate Joe Biden with every fiber of my being.

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

Depends on how much my vote ends up counting. Leaning towards leaving my presidential vote blank if Biden is polling as poorly in my state as Hillary was in 2016 since my vote wouldn't matter anyway.

I genuinely have nothing but spite for the Democratic Party now and hate Joe Biden with every fiber of my being.

So I’m asking again… you prefer trump or desantis to be president? Simple question really. Because thats what your write in/blank will do. It’s selfish. You know it is. 

Just now, brooklyndaddy said:

So I’m asking again… you prefer trump or desantis to be president? Simple question really. Because thats what your write in/blank will do. It’s selfish. You know it is. 

I don't care. The Democrats deserve Trump. The party itself deserves to be retired to the dustbin of history. I'm ******* done after y'all forced this evil piece of **** down my throat in 2020 and I'm sick of seeing his face and hearing him stumble through every public address.

Again. My individual vote will very likely not matter. My state is 95% likely to flip back to Red with or without me. Voter shaming me for "being selfish" when I genuinely have zero power to change outcomes is unproductive.

The near-mental abuse the libs are subjecting the progressives even in here.. despicable. But it just shows how insecure they are in their candidate’s ability to actually win, despite their overzealous outward showing otherwise.

1 minute ago, brooklyndaddy said:

One of their past arguments is that a write-in or blank ballot line won't make a difference if they don't live in a battleground state. It's an intensely cynical argument I'm inclined to agree with that gets to heart of the problem with our system, which is the Electoral College, a vestige of the slave system in this country.

I mean, Georgia where they say they live I think I'd qualify as a battleground state technically although given the failure on student loans and voter suppression I mentioned earlier eliminating Atlanta's power with the black youth vote, I wouldn't as much any longer.

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

One of their past arguments is that a write-in or blank ballot line won't make a difference if they don't live in a battleground state. It's an intensely cynical argument I'm inclined to agree with that gets to heart of the problem with our system, which is the Electoral College, a vestige of the slave system in this country.

I mean, Georgia where they say they live I think I'd qualify as a battleground state technically although given the failure on student loans and voter suppression I mentioned earlier eliminating Atlanta's power with the black youth vote, I wouldn't as much any longer.

After Brian Kemp's margin of victory over Stacey Abrams, even though he imposed the most draconian abortion ban in the country at the time, I certainly wouldn't characterize it that way. I've said it before that Hershel Walker's loss here was uniquely due to him, and that even a nutjob like Marjorie Taylor Greene would have beaten Warnock because she's not literally dumb as dirt like Walker and she actually lives in the state. Which makes all the difference in the world.

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

My bet is the same it's been for about a year:

If it's Biden vs. Trump the Electoral College is a toss-up.

If it's Biden vs. DeSantis, DeSantis wins the Electoral College with a comfortable margin larger than Trump's in 2016.

Both Trump and DeSantis would handily lose the popular vote by a large margin as Republicans have always done now since Bush.

Inflation competes strongly with the Dobbs decision, the latter of which will still hold potency for the left and right.

Inflation will not be an issue by the time the election happens 

He already has a alzheimers tho... Can we nominate people under 70 challenge.

3Ig6psU.gif

3 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Inflation will not be an issue by the time the election happens 

That is not true and will not be true by November 2024 and that's a bet you can bookmark.

He should not be considered fit to run for president again considering his age and his apparent cognitive issues. This is a joke. 

9 minutes ago, MaoMars said:

Why are u guys complaining?! isn't he the best candidate? 

No, Bernie Sanders is! he’s so young and so fit 

Sounds like democracy isn’t worth defending if Biden is its champion  

spacer.png

• ATRL Moderator

I’m not voting for him; I live in a blue state now so it doesn’t matter. Him pushing for an anti-choice federal judge in my home state after the Dob decision was the point of no return for me. 

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

I’m not voting for him; I live in a blue state now so it doesn’t matter. Him pushing for an anti-choice federal judge in my home state after the Dob decision was the point of no return for me. 

I support this. Reproductive freedom is my #2 most important issue after right-to-work for gay people (self-preservation) so I get it. 

If you were in a battleground it'd be an interesting dilemma but not worth discussing that hypothetical I guess. 

You might like him or not (I don't) but in this time and age, not voting (or voting blank, or voting third party) is a stupid and selfish move.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Espresso said:

I support this. Reproductive freedom is my #2 most important issue after right-to-work for gay people (self-preservation) so I get it. 

If you were in a battleground it'd be an interesting dilemma but not worth discussing that hypothetical I guess. 

Yep. If I were in a battleground state, I’d probably feel differently. But my vote has never mattered. I lived in a red state before this and now a blue state so my vote for president doesn’t matter. I’ll vote for down ballot candidates and Green Party if they put up someone for the off chance of reaching the 5% vote threshold to qualify for federal funding. 

3 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Yep. If I were in a battleground state, I’d probably feel differently. But my vote has never mattered. I lived in a red state before this and now a blue state so my vote for president doesn’t matter. I’ll vote for down ballot candidates and Green Party if they put up someone for the off chance of reaching the 5% vote threshold to qualify for federal funding. 

I was gonna say, downballot is a hell of a lot more important than the top of the ticket. I live in a very red state, but a purple leaning district (and I don’t exactly like my dem representative either), so I’ll vote in the primary for a (hopefully) better choice, and leave the top of the ticket blank and see what I’m left with come 11/24 as my downballot choice 

all the rationalizations in here about why you’re throwing your vote away are so funny :rip: “i live in a blue city in a purple county in a red state” lmaooo

as if your vote is some sort of strategic bargaining chip and the democrats are supposed to beg for it.

the left will never amass and wield any power if your reaction to someone you don’t like getting elected is to announce “I WILL NOT RELIABLY VOTE! I AM EXTREMELY FICKLE! I GIVE UP VERY EASILY!!” it’s like you actively want politicians to ignore you

• ATRL Moderator
16 minutes ago, getBusy said:

You might like him or not (I don't) but in this time and age, not voting (or voting blank, or voting third party) is a stupid and selfish move.

A stupid and selfish move would be running for president at 80 years old while already showing signs of cognitive decline. 

Proudly voting 3rd party :hippo:

Don’t care to vote. But I will keep supporting local orgs and helping those in need in my immediate community because that’s what ACTUALLY matters. Not some useless vote for corrupt politicians that serve corporate power. The people crying in here writing essays about what they wanna do with one minuscule vote that won’t actually amount to change are really funny. Sincerely wonder what y’all’s political engagement outside of the theater and farce of US elections actually is.

Edited by Gov Hooka

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.